RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DXe

Old 05-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Citabria32Yankee
Citabria32Yankee

Default Spektrum DXe

Will this be a good buy? I understand its perfect for replacing all those Horizon fixed-wing RTF Txs.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:00 AM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Honestly, spend the few extra bucks and buy the DX6 or DX6e to have a TX for the long haul. I bought the DXe just to save money and keep at work for my UMX planes. I HATED it. Had to buy extra cables to program it with PC AND phone app! The DX6e is probably the best bang for the buck if you can get by without the British chick telling you every change you just made. I know there are other TX differences but as an owner of both the DX6 and the DX6e there just isn't enough difference to warrant the price difference between the two. The DX6e is cheaper and the way I would go if I had to do it all over again.

Joe
Old 05-15-2018, 05:29 AM
F22trainer

Good radio for the price, I still use mine with my HZ Carbon Cub as it works with flaps and all the SAFE / AS3X, which by the way requires 7 channels.
It can be a pain to program, but the ap does work and once you got that it is quite the powerful tool for simple RC planes and compatible with many entry level and intermediate BNF or PNP products. The DX6 is easier to use, but if you are planing to take advantage of AS3X or other gyro technology for stabilization, you won’t have use of both flaps and gear channels and will have to resort to combining functions and ‘work arounds’. So if you can manage and want something to carry to advanced aircraft without such, go for a DX8.
I should have done that but went up to the DX6, with that said, I have actually come to realize I don’t need the AS3X.
Attached Images