Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Old 03-14-2008, 08:12 AM
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

The Citibria has been out, a tail drager version of the micro Cessna. Now there is a new plane coming out in April - the Ember. It, like the Citabria, is a tail dragger but it has no fuselage. The ember looks like a Yard Stick or Slow Stick.

I've been considering the Cessna but now...

The Ember is the new Etomic series, whatever that means; it sounds like Parkzone & Horizon are going to come out with other micro aircraft. What's next?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:02 AM
Dosh

Lightbulb Great Site, Great Thread

I'm a Newbie to R/C and asked around for advice on which Micro would be good. I fancied the Cesna 210 and after finding and reading this thread, you guys have convinced me. I'll order it tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:17 AM
nzfly

I picked up a micro cessna about a week ago and it is a heap of fun. Flying figure eights in the backyard and pylon flying between the flower pots, what could be more fun!
Only problem is, I put the battery in the charger this morning and when I came back over an hour later the LED was still glowing solid. I thought it must just be taking longer than usual so I left it for about another hour, came back and it was still going. I pulled the battery out and the light still stayed on. The only way I can stop it is to take the AAs out of the charger. I replaced the AAs in the charger with fresh ones and the problem persists.
Anyway my point is does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Any help would be much appreciated as I really want to get flying again.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Change the batteries in the charger. What you are seeing is a low battery warning. Make sure they are all in the correct way round and seated correctly All the ones I have got have had good, fresh batteries in the boxes, but maybe your has been sitting one a shelf for a long time...
Old 03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
nzfly

As I said in my post before I had already replaced the batteries in the charger and it still wasn't going. However I went back and checked again and after pulling the batts out and putting them in again a few times I got it to work. Must have just been sitting slightly out of place. I think the problem is I replaced the batts with some 2500mah rechargables I have which are slightly larger than normal alkalines. Must be a tight fit in there. Thanks for your help microflyer.

Another thing, when I was out at a friends farm the other day(before the charging trouble) I was flying the cesssna in a large paddock and was able to thermal it in certain places. I was probably getting a 20 degree climb without any throttle. The little cessna just keeps getting more fun, I just can't reccommend it enough to anyone who is thinking of getting one.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:15 AM
Dosh

Default Thanks nzfly et al

Thanks for the encouragement. I am supposed to get the Cessna tomorrow. I'll get some practice if the wind drops.
I would like to build my own at that scale one day. Are plans available? (URL !) Can these be made out of Balsa? Not sure what the technique is when using foam. Is there a tutorial site for that? Sri abt all the questions but am new to this. tnx for help so far.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:16 PM
psion854

Default Great Plane

Well all I can say is what a great plane. It flies fantastic. Just make sure you put some lube on the gear shaft as I had one that seized up. Took it back. Second one did the same thing until I read about it on the forums. Can't wait till the low wing versions of this plane come out next month
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 PM
manderplex

The Cessna is a great plane..

anyone have issues with motor power after a nose first crash?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
JIMFRISKY
JIMFRISKY

Slightly bent shaft out of bal makes more noise some lose of power
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
manderplex

I guess that means for this small place a new motor?

The trim on the radio doesn't move the center point either, so if you trim too much on the radio you lose some control surface authority in the opposite direction?
Old 06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
JIMFRISKY
JIMFRISKY

No just stranten shaft turn prop by hand you can see witch way to bend. And yes thats the way trim tabes work, you can bend push rod wire to trim keeping full trim tab for wind ect do a search theres tons of info on them
Old 06-07-2008, 08:30 PM
smokefan
Micro Flyer

Got my cessna 210 today and all I can say is WOW It is a blast to fly
Can't wait till the weather improves so I can take it out again!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by smokefan View Post
Got my cessna 210 today and all I can say is WOW It is a blast to fly
Can't wait till the weather improves so I can take it out again!!!

Congrats! Yes they are a blast! Windy and HOT here today....
Old 06-07-2008, 10:57 PM
smokefan
Micro Flyer

starting to storm here again. Hoping for a better day Sun.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:15 AM
smokefan
Micro Flyer

The more I fly this little plane the more I like it. My wife even comments that I sure must be having fun from the grin that I have every time I come in from flying it. Can't wait to add more planes to my hanger.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
keon718nyc

Default Cessna 210

This plane i mastered , Had it since it came out and have only had one issue with the plane....The reciever/servo board goes faulty on these planes. I had to send 2 back becouse of it. I have a few friends that have bought a few 3-4 planes and have wiped their hands and said they wont get another unless parkzone fixes the problem. Parkzone though is great when i comes to returns and i cant knock that. It is the best (micro) out there but to not have separate reviever/sevo has been the downfall. I have not had other issues then a little servo gear noise. I wish they would come out with a similar place with brushless motor and separate 1 gram micro servo's, would be awsome! Hopefully soon a 4 channel will follow as well. IMO
Old 07-14-2008, 01:43 PM
nzfly

Default Servo Retainer Issue

First of all I'll just say I am glad to see this forum still going and that there is still interest in this great little plane. However what I really wanted to talk about is an issue I had with the servos on my Cessna. I have been flying it for months now without any problems but the other day both servos failed at the same time. After opening up the fuse I discovered the problem. There are little bits of plastic on the ends of the servos worm drive that stop them from moving too far. Both of these had slid backwards and had let the cogs on the servo separate, rendering them useless. After realizing that the plastic retainers weren't going to stay on I replaced them with some special fiberglass putty I have and the problem stopped. So if you hear your servos whining at a very high pitch and not moving this is your problem.
Sorry for the long post but I thought this might come in handy for somebody whose servos aren't working.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:13 AM
badkarma

New member, just got my Micro...

I have to echo the earlier concerns about the prop shaft snapping easily, but moreso, if it snaps so easily, why should I have to buy a prop and a gearbox each time.

Would be nice to have a prop shaft part of some type.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:54 AM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
New member, just got my Micro...

I have to echo the earlier concerns about the prop shaft snapping easily, but moreso, if it snaps so easily, why should I have to buy a prop and a gearbox each time.

Would be nice to have a prop shaft part of some type.
Once you learn how to fly properly you won't have this issue. The cost isn't THAT much. We ALL break stuff from time to time, it's part of the deal.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:49 AM
badkarma

Only reason I saw so is I snapped one from only one and a half, two feet...half throttle or less, just seems like it would be easier to fix if you didn't have to go get an entire gearbox just to fix the shaft.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 AM
nzfly

It agree it would be good to be able to get replacement prop shafts on their own but can you imagine the logistical problems that this would create for Parkzone. They would have to ship these tiny little shafts all over the world and the whole way they would have to stay unbent and unlost until they eventually got to you. Unfortunately for us they have obviously put this in the too hard basket. The only thing we can do is try our best not to crash.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 AM
cjg

I have been flying electric r/c for 2 years and have a Supercub and T-28. On vacation in Wisconsin this weekend my wife bought me a 210 so I could fly in my yard.

It is very nice! I've noticed the thermal rise on a warm, calm night when it gets over the pavement in my cul de sac.

I noticed my motor was beginning to make a squeeking noise, so carefully took of the lid by slicing the decals and lubed the prop shaft. Taped the lid back on with plastic tape. Flies nice and smooth and quiet now.

Has anyone figured out how to get the tx apart? On my SC transmitter in installed a plug jack to charge rechargeable batts and want to do the same. I know it will void warranty, but the warranty...
Old 10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Well, I need to replace my motor/gearbox; any suggestions on how to remove the old motor without destroying the fuse?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
pburt1975
Hotel California

Hey Kev, I have not gotten that far on my Citabria but looks like its just held in with like a silicone adhesive. Atleast on the citabria, the motor is not rigid in its location.

Are you sure you need to replace all of that? When my prop shaft broke there was just enough shaft sticking out that a new prop slide right on, well slide aint really true it had to be forced on. I pushed in on as far as it would go, then shaved the nose of the plane down a tad too give clearance.

As a last chance, Contact Randy (termite) Im sure he can tell you all you care to know about the Cessna or any of the micro fleet!

CJG, are you talking about being able to charge the TX batteries with a walwort? I've seen a mod that shows how to install a plug for the charger that will let you charge from a walwort, but you still need 1 AA battery in there for the light to work.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 AM
M.T.

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
Well, I need to replace my motor/gearbox; any suggestions on how to remove the old motor without destroying the fuse?
Hi,
I had to change the motor/gearbox on mine also.
Carefully slit the decals with a scalpel, lift off the wing assy, then cut the glue to get the motor out.
A good set of 'off the shelf' reading glasses might come in handy... they have for me!

Quick Reply: Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11230 seconds with 11 queries