Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Kits and Plans; The Links Page

Old 10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Mooney_Driver

I really like this type of thread but the list becomes very hard to follow after a while. Does Wattflyer have a policy that allows (or forbids) the use of another web page where the list can actually be maintained rather than morphying into a combination of add ons with other links that are no longer valid? Perhaps a read only page on Wattflyer would work. Either way I find these lists quite useful.

Originally Posted by Sky Sharkster View Post
Wattflyer has a policy that we can't add links that require registration to view the content.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:53 AM
tallflyer
Robert V

Default Free Plans

I have continued the dream of sloper steve an have his slofly plans on my site

http://www.sdparkflyers.com

I have also been working with google sketchup to create some new plans
I have posted them as well on my site
Old 12-12-2010, 05:51 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Originally Posted by Mooney_Driver
I really like this type of thread but the list becomes very hard to follow after a while. Does Wattflyer have a policy that allows (or forbids) the use of another web page where the list can actually be maintained rather than morphying into a combination of add ons with other links that are no longer valid? Perhaps a read only page on Wattflyer would work. Either way I find these lists quite useful.
Originally Posted by Sky Sharkster
Wattflyer has a policy that we can't add links that require registration to view the content.
I took an extensive list from RC groups and pasted it onto a web page. If y'all want to go over it and make any corrections (broken links and such) or add something that isn't there I'll be glad to keep it updated.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Billmanak

Stumbled across this one a friends FB. Thought I'd share here.

http://www.aviastar.org/index2.html
Old 08-19-2011, 03:14 AM
swapdaddyxx1

Default Old kits

Just found a source for old kits I didn't see lised here. Try collectair @ verizon .net. Some are pricy,but they are collectors items.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:35 AM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by swapdaddyxx1 View Post
Just found a source for old kits I didn't see lised here. Try collectair @ verizon .net. Some are pricy,but they are collectors items.
Hi
Pleased to meet you
Thats a geat site for more then just rc
Heres a direct link
http://www.collectair.com/index.html
Take care
Yours Hank
Old 08-19-2011, 12:29 PM
pd1
Still Learning

Nice site.
Thanks

Paul
Old 01-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Freeflight1

Default Sciencetext Dixie Clipper

Does anyone know where I could get a kit or plans for a Boeing 314 Dixie Clipper by Scientext?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 AM
jedorme

Default Add BTE Kits To The List

I may have missed it but I don't believe that there is any mention of BTE Kits in the previous postings. Probably because they are not electric per se, but many have been adapted in the past. But those that have built them rave about them as one of the best they have ever made because everything is hand made or cut by Bruce Tharpe, the aero engineer who owns it.

Before setting up his own shop, Bruce worked as a designer for Sig & designed the original Four Star 40 & 120, as well as the original Spacewalker kits. His Venture 60, which is his improved version of the Sig 4 Star 60 (which he didn't design), a while back also had an electric powered version. But now he views that the V60, like others in his line, are perfectly designed & constructed for electric power with the lighter Lipos & more powerful motors.

Check out his kits on his site at www.btemodels.com. He is currently finishing a large batch of Venture 60 kits, which have been one of his most popular in the past, & they should be available after the first of the year. I am going to get one based on everything I have read or heard about them, & look forward to a great building, as well as flying, experience. And I am in not in any way connected to BTE, but just very enthusiastic about Bruce's work in the world of fine RC kits.

Jed
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Ikaros

Default Plans & Drawings database

Some model aircraft plans and drawings you can also find at scale-model-aircraft.com

It's my website, actually
Old 11-04-2013, 10:27 AM
mikempp

www.aeroliteRC.com the STOLite
Old 02-07-2014, 05:36 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Default AMA Aircraft Plans

The AMA (Model Aviation Magazine) has been working on this web site for awhile now, at the moment you can view plan selections and even order a few (nope, not free) but reasonable. Pretty good selection of hard to find models......the site indicates it should be at full speed in March 2014.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/plans/listing.aspx
Old 02-07-2014, 05:54 PM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

I was trying to go off list on first page, but clearly things have changed, for the worse, and there seems to be fewer makers of kits and models by far. One site, hobby hangar works, but I received no response when I emailed. A new list perchance?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Yep....this link could use a little TLC and up-grade.....very cumbersome and quite out-dated.

Looks like the only fix would be to start a new dedicated header for plans/services and archive the older section as attached links......the work here would need an Administrator who finds value in such a task and one who has the time to "cut & paste" for a hours without interuption........don't hold your breath on this one.....
Old 02-07-2014, 06:34 PM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Well a new list would likely be easier to make, due to likely being shorter.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:46 AM
rfzl

Default Another plan site

I didn't see it listed so here is another site for plans. If it is already on this thread, my apology.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/

This site has many plans, all in PDF format and some have the build article included. From all of the plans I've downloaded, the PDF file is already the correct size. What I've done is to put the PDF on a thumb drive and take to my local FedEx Office store and have them print it out on their 36" printer. I can get a couple of 36x40 prints for less than $15.

All of the plans lists are supposed to be in the public domain so no copyright issues to deal with. I have found a couple that I suspect as not being public domain but these are few. Most are FF and C/L but there are many that are RC and even a few electric specific.

Enjoy,
Ron
Old 06-05-2014, 02:38 PM
road king 97
old hat

Originally Posted by rfzl View Post
I didn't see it listed so here is another site for plans. If it is already on this thread, my apology.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/

This site has many plans, all in PDF format and some have the build article included. From all of the plans I've downloaded, the PDF file is already the correct size. What I've done is to put the PDF on a thumb drive and take to my local FedEx Office store and have them print it out on their 36" printer. I can get a couple of 36x40 prints for less than $15.

All of the plans lists are supposed to be in the public domain so no copyright issues to deal with. I have found a couple that I suspect as not being public domain but these are few. Most are FF and C/L but there are many that are RC and even a few electric specific.

Enjoy,
Ron
Its a great site and i have been getting plans there and donating some to it for years . I also have a free download program to tile and size / print out tiled plans so most times i dont have to go to the print shop. joe
Old 06-05-2014, 03:44 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Adobe PDF reader - latest versions will tile and print plans ... no need to go anywhere now except to your own PC and Printer.

One trick I have with it ... I print in both Portrait and Landscape ... that way any distortion or small part missed in a page break is covered ... also do NOT tick the Fit to Page box ... that distorts each page to fit what page format you have selected.

Another plans page : Hippocketaeronautics ......

Nigel
Old 06-05-2014, 05:08 PM
road king 97
old hat

Thats the one i use Nigel and it works great now if i can only afford to keep ink in my printer joe
Old 06-05-2014, 10:14 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by road king 97 View Post
Thats the one i use Nigel and it works great now if i can only afford to keep ink in my printer joe
All we need now is to get 'you lot' over there to use A4 paper and we're laughing !!

Seriously ... can people who post plans .. Please post the complete sheet as well as any tiled ? It is not possible to UN-tile a PDF and if it's Letter format - it's incompatible for many around the world.

Cheers
Nigel
Old 06-05-2014, 11:40 PM
road king 97
old hat

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
All we need now is to get 'you lot' over there to use A4 paper and we're laughing !!

Seriously ... can people who post plans .. Please post the complete sheet as well as any tiled ? It is not possible to UN-tile a PDF and if it's Letter format - it's incompatible for many around the world.

Cheers
Nigel
Whats a A4 ? lmao I like the full size plan also Nigel now that i can tile them to our standerd paper and not worried about A-4 only .
Old 06-06-2014, 09:07 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by road king 97 View Post
Whats a A4 ? lmao I like the full size plan also Nigel now that i can tile them to our standerd paper and not worried about A-4 only .

You can imagine the trouble I have when I have ships discharging cargo in USA ... official documents in A4 ... US docs in Letter ... when I try to copy US docs - I have to scale down so the sides get on the page ...

It's a real pain. It's also that we have to document out cargo not only in general Internationally accepted units but in US units as well ......

Anyway - I'm glad that Adobe woke up and I no longer have to use online tileing sites that watermark the results. I can also scale to any size I want with Adobe as well now. It produced my 1/2 size 'WOT4' ... the Mini4.

Now all I have to do is learn how to use Sketchup ....

Nigel
Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
I took an extensive list from RC groups and pasted it onto a web page. If y'all want to go over it and make any corrections (broken links and such) or add something that isn't there I'll be glad to keep it updated.

I'm surprised you didn't at least acknowledge the person who put in all that hard work building that list for you. Not legally bound I'm sure, but it would have been the polite thing to do.

Also, here is an updated list of balsa kits makers. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1691756

Frank
Old 03-23-2015, 12:29 AM
birdDog
Charging....

The Stevens aero link is outdated on page one. Really nice kits. Will pop over to RCgroups. Thanks Murocflyer.

http://www.stevensaero.com/
Old 09-14-2016, 04:11 PM
ProfoundJack

Wow thanks for this resource!

Quick Reply: Kits and Plans; The Links Page

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13040 seconds with 11 queries