E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Need help with CX2 adjustments please!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Jazzman
New Copter Crasher

Default Need help with CX2 adjustments please!

Hey all,

I have been getting the hang of my CX2, but recently replaced both motors as one of them blew out. I added the heat-sink just in case when i replaced the motors.

1) When I had the cover off, I also adjusted the servo linkage one hole 'out' to get better forward flight. Should I also adjust the other servo at the same time? Should I always adjust them in pairs?

2) It seems that the new motors are only allowing for half the usual flight times (they are the stock CX2 motors with PTC). Have i tightened them too much to the frame? ANy other suggestions?

I didn't do a water-break-in on the motors, but did run them for about 15mins each with a 1.5v aa battery to get the brushes seated properly. I was told that a water break in won't work on this motor as it doesn't have breather holes to help me dry it out.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks all!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Hostile
flying Cajun

Default CX2 adjustments

Hello Jazzman, I'll try to help.
There are many posts here on this little bird. You can try searching:=CX2. They may be of some help for other questions.

For your first question. It should be fine the way you have it. Many people have it that way from my understanding.
For your second question. You might want to check the outer shaft retaining collar. Make sure you do not have the shafts too tight, and everything is in it's right place. Just a little out will make it hard to fly, or countless other problems.
Also, the step on the shaft washer goes up, and the step on the outer shaft collar goes down. You should have at least two paper thickness between the housing, and the retaining collar. The same between the upper shaft head, and the upper bearing housing.
Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CX21.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	74702   Click image for larger version

Name:	CX22.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	74703  

Last edited by Hostile; 08-07-2008 at 04:13 AM. Reason: pic's
Old 08-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Maximus Prime
Crash prone noob.

Jazz, Hostile is right on the servo arms, but speaking from experience, I would move them both out.

I ran them with only the elevator on the second hole for one day and found that I had to make large movements side to side, but only small ones up and down with the right stick- once I bumped them both out to the second hole, it got easier rather than harder, as all of the movements were smaller.

As always, your mileage my vary
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

I agree---move BOTH servo arms out so you are getting equal throw in all directions.
You'll get used to the extra sensativity real quick. As you brushes wear in on the new motors, you should see some improvement in times. Also, like Hostile said, make sure that nothing is too tight or binding. That will draw down the battery quicker. When you are installing a step washer, you always want to make sure that the step (the smaller ring) goes towards the bearing. These washers are designed to make contact with the inner race on the bearings.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Laszlo

I fly my BCX2 Extreme with BOTH servo arm in the third hole. Just by gut feel this balance makes sense to me.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
dilipc

to each his/her own....lol
Old 09-30-2008, 03:03 AM
singingperry

DN Power batteries at KRs hobbies sure gave my CX2 a healthy kick. Good batteries.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:06 AM
evile

do you need to replace the stock fly bar with a shorter one if you move the servo arms?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Laszlo

Originally Posted by evile View Post
do you need to replace the stock fly bar with a shorter one if you move the servo arms?

No you don't. Just move the servo links to the third hole and you will have a new heli. Much more lively.

Laszlo
Old 10-04-2008, 02:35 AM
evile

Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
No you don't. Just move the servo links to the third hole and you will have a new heli. Much more lively.

Laszlo

so i did this and while i do have much more control i am noticing im geting a lot more blade strikes where the bottom rotors are hitting the top ones. suggestion on how to fix this?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Laszlo

I have 'upgraded' the heli with parts with a new mainshaft which keeps the top and lower baldes further a part to avoid balde strikes.