Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

cx2 problems

Old 11-09-2007, 01:53 AM
jrandazzo

Exclamation cx2 problems

I recently replaced the 3 in 1 on my cx2 after a hard crash. The heli flew perfectly for about 3 flights. Out of the blue, after hovering 3 inches off the ground, the 3 in 1 shut off. I tried duplicating the problem in my hand, and every time, it simply shuts off. What causes it is a few different things. First, the gyro is not damaged because if i throttle it 1/4, while holding it, and rotate it left and right, it works. But if i full throttle it, the green lite goes red for a few seconds, then shuts off completely. If i let it sit for a second, it flashes red after about 35-45 seconds, then flashes green for 5 seconds, then i can throttle up again. Also, if i put it under constant load, it shuts off. If i am 1/4 throttle, and rotate left and right over and over and make the gyro compensate, it will shut off after 10 seconds. I am lost at this because i did not crash or anything. It simply just falls out of the sky. Any thing that i should check? I was going to measure the temperature of the motors and see if one is hotter than the other, but i can't keep the damn things on long enough to check. Also, why would it fly great for 3-4 flights then all of a sudden, in mid air, stop? Sorry for the long post.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 AM
constantCrash
prefectionist

Sounds like a bad battery. The 3 in one is attempting to pull more volts/amps out of the battery than it is able to deliver and the receiver is resetting. Do you have a second battery to try with?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 AM
jrandazzo

Originally Posted by constantCrash View Post
Sounds like a bad battery. The 3 in one is attempting to pull more volts/amps out of the battery than it is able to deliver and the receiver is resetting. Do you have a second battery to try with?
i forgot to mention that. i do have two batteries, and both were fully charged. i tried both batteries. What i am going to do tomorrow is pull off my 3 in 1 and put it on my friends cs2 and see if it does it with his too. but as of now, i am lost why it would do this.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 AM
jrandazzo

also, after the 3 in 1 shuts down during flight, if i unplug the battery, and plug it back in, it will not recognize the power for about 1 minute, which makes me think something is wrong with the 3 in 1.