When Is Japan Gonna Get The Message????????? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

When Is Japan Gonna Get The Message?????????

Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash

Default When Is Japan Gonna Get The Message?????????

When are the Japanese people, going to join the the rest of the world and understand, that the hunting of Intelligent Marine Mammals is wrong?? They claim it is tradition. Hogwash!!!! Every country has traditions it has stopped because of the enviromental ramifications. Whens the last time you used Sperm Whale Oil for lubricant
Old 09-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Turner
Super Contributor

It's all about money. Same story here.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
MaxAdventure
AMA 198798

Did you just discover the Disovery Channel show 'whale wars'?

Crazy stuff. More crazy is the culture shock when I open my eyes to others beliefs. Even here in the very young USA, I read what others write from the south, from Texas, from Boston, it's so so different than how I grew up here in Boulder.

I've been watching Whale wars.... Sometimes I wonder if I should just be a vegetarian.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash

No I seen the documentry "The Cove" It's about the killing of Dolphins in Japan. The movie is eye opening.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 PM
spitfire
Not the best

Originally Posted by Big Johnny View Post
When are the Japanese people, going to join the the rest of the world and understand, that the hunting of Intelligent Marine Mammals is wrong?? They claim it is tradition. Hogwash!!!! Every country has traditions it has stopped because of the enviromental ramifications. Whens the last time you used Sperm Whale Oil for lubricant
I agree...

but I also believe that if you kill something, its okay as long as you put it to as much use a possible...

eating it (all that can be ate), using the fur for clothing etc.

though that does not specifically apply the the current subject, I believe its ok if you make the most use out of it.

BUT, if its endagered, its pretty much just a given that you shoudn't do ANYTHING to harm it (unless its in self defense... but thats another thing entirly).

now, something that really bugs me is,
this bird:

The Hyacinth Macaw

is endagered in the wild because of illegal trapping, deforestation, and the natives eating them... I know its a bit different when you wear a loin cloth, but its still bad.

they are making a come-back though, and thats all that matters

Spit.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

The problem is easy to fix, Just stop buying items made in Japan, boycot japan products, untill they quit hunting endangered marine life, that will stop that Sheet real fast
Old 09-04-2010, 06:15 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

Well, the efforts have been made for 20+ years now, and dothing has changed: tradition and "scientific research" are the justifications, both rubbish. We are not blame-free in this either: we run naval ships all over the planet emitting deafening sounds (SONAR, etc) that can be heard thousands of miles away in the name of "defense", but that is okay, right? We only screw up their ability to hunt food, navigate, that sort of incidental thing, but because it is for "defense", that's okay. Right?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:51 AM
mil0001

I don't think it will be much longer until they HAVE to stop no matter what. I don't know about the USA but im in Australia and there always down here. If you saw on the news a Japanese whaling boat sinking the green peace boat. It's like a warzone out there :\
Old 09-04-2010, 01:55 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by mil0001 View Post
I don't think it will be much longer until they HAVE to stop no matter what. I don't know about the USA but im in Australia and there always down here. If you saw on the news a Japanese whaling boat sinking the green peace boat. It's like a warzone out there :\
I think a few torpedo will cure the problem LOL
Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 PM
mil0001

Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Sparky Paul
Super Contributor

Model airplane forum.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Bad day sparkybub??bubsteve
Old 09-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Sparky Paul
Super Contributor

Political problems will never be settled on this hobby forum. Nor any other.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
spitfire
Not the best

yeah... and I guess this is getting into politics... and thats forbidden here...

Spit.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

... it ain't a recipe or cooking forum, either...
Old 09-05-2010, 06:14 AM
spitfire
Not the best

Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
... it ain't a recipe or cooking forum, either...
ouch, that cuts deep
Old 09-05-2010, 06:27 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

yea, "the cove" was interesting... It had some famous people in it too... like the "Cheerleader" from the tv show heroes...

if you think that is bad, Check out Pita's thing on the Raccoon Dogs... I wanted to skin some people alive after watching a few minutes of that...

Just a warning, Don't watch the video if you have a full stomach... you may puke...

SK

Last edited by Rabbitcreekok; 09-06-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Removed link to video
Old 09-05-2010, 06:56 AM
MadMonkey
OOGA BOOGA

Didn't realize we had so many treehuggers on this forum
Old 09-05-2010, 07:11 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
Didn't realize we had so many treehuggers on this forum
Not much of a treehugger here, but If you watch that video of the Raccoon Dogs, you'll definately "feel" a bit different...

SK
Old 09-05-2010, 07:25 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

A bunch of tree huggers going out into the more-than-your-usually-unforgiving, unforgiving Antarctic Ocean, going out into the fog in little inflatable boats, and not bothering to keep in touch with the 'mother' ship, is pretty dang funny to me. If it weren't for the fact that we've either 'realized' whales are intelligent or developed feelings for them,(I'd like to create a show where Indians try to stop American cattle farmers from slaughtering their ancestors...) and that real people are in real danger, I think the only thing missing is a laugh track.

The geeky first mate with the hot girlfriend(who disappearred after 1st season?), mistaking a tiny piece of shrapnel from a stun grenade for an assassins bullet meant for the captain, the former navy officer crying and rushing back to her cabin because the old salt laughed at her checklist, you have to admit, if someone wanted to write a comedy in this setting, this would be it. My latest favorite was when the guy gunned the inflatables engine in the shallow water and took out half the lower drive unit, then just about crying about it after. Genius.

I appreciate they are trying to do something they feel is good, I just see a show with no real good guys on either side.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 AM
MadMonkey
OOGA BOOGA

Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
Not much of a treehugger here, but If you watch that video of the Raccoon Dogs, you'll definately "feel" a bit different...

SK
Not really. Notice that nobody really cares about, say, rats... even though rat traps are often very "inhumane" and cause unnecessary suffering. But rats aren't cute and cuddly, so we're off the hook for killing those.

But if you set out squirrel traps, for example, you'd be looked at as some sort of devil, even though they're both destructive creatures. One just happens to be better looking.

In Europe, raccoon dogs have been classified as a pest. So it's pretty much the same level as a rat... and if you hadn't heard about or seen a video of someone skinning it (who due to their upbringing has no qualms about doing so) you wouldn't care one way or the other.

News flash: Somewhere in the world, a chicken, cow, horse, dog, cat, rat, duck, dove, etc has just been butchered for a meal, probably suffering in the process. I have no problem with that. Nor do I have a problem with another culture using the skins of an animal for a product. The typical worker over there would be SHOCKED that you care about how an animal across the world feels when we have much bigger problems to worry about here.

What I do have a problem with are people who torture or abuse animals for fun. There is no product coming out of it, no service, no food, nothing.

But this?... wow. Before you go on a crusade to end animal suffering across the world, I'd start apologizing to the bugs you squished on your way into the house tonight, the mice you've run over with your car, and the chickens and cows you've eaten at restaurants.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash

There is a big difference between a "Tree Hugger" and a Concerned citizen of planet earth. I not at all anti-hunting. Conservation and education are a must, if we don't want to leave our children and grand-children a shell of a planet. The peoples of the 20th century, have cause lots of damage to Mother Earth. I also believe that being a intelligent species, we are on the road to recovery. Every resource on earth has a finite amount. I worked in the logging industry for 20 years as a equipment mechanic. I have seen both the bad and good of logging. The bad "Clear Cuts" that make a blight on the earth, just because someone seen dollar signs after inheriting the land. The "Good" low impact logging equipment, selective cutting practices, replanting. The logging industry, finally has realized the scorched earth idea, is bad for them and the environment. I eat beef, chicken, pork, fish. I also understand there a methods of harvest of domestic animals, I know little about, and can't comment about because I don't have all the facts. We could all learn lessons from "Native Peoples" from all around the globe. "Take What You Need & Leave The Rest"
Old 09-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Numbthumbs
Master of Bisaster

Japanese fisherman are not the only ones fishing inhumanely.

This is an interesting website for those really serious about doing something, or just looking for information on the fish we eat and which ones to avoid...

http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/c...et.aspx?gid=69
Old 09-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Sparky Paul
Super Contributor

Namecalling always comes with political and religious discussions.
Makes it easier for the dummies to pigeonhole those with opposing viewpoints.
Takes no thought at all, which is why it's popular.
This is a model airplane forum.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Angry

Hi
IMHO this thread serves no useful purpose
All it does is stir the pot
I vote it be closed
Take care
Hank

Quick Reply: When Is Japan Gonna Get The Message?????????

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15381 seconds with 12 queries