When Is Japan Gonna Get The Message????????? - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

When Is Japan Gonna Get The Message?????????

Old 09-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

good post'in here Big Johnny.
Ain't good sense to bark-up the wrong Tree-hugger,
this is a Off Topic Thread,, so we've got the choice to visit or not,
I've Sailed with Whales all my life (60 years) and their something to behold ,bubsteve
Old 09-06-2010, 05:16 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
Not really. Notice that nobody really cares about, say, rats... even though rat traps are often very "inhumane" and cause unnecessary suffering. But rats aren't cute and cuddly, so we're off the hook for killing those.

But if you set out squirrel traps, for example, you'd be looked at as some sort of devil, even though they're both destructive creatures. One just happens to be better looking.

In Europe, raccoon dogs have been classified as a pest. So it's pretty much the same level as a rat... and if you hadn't heard about or seen a video of someone skinning it (who due to their upbringing has no qualms about doing so) you wouldn't care one way or the other.

News flash: Somewhere in the world, a chicken, cow, horse, dog, cat, rat, duck, dove, etc has just been butchered for a meal, probably suffering in the process. I have no problem with that. Nor do I have a problem with another culture using the skins of an animal for a product. The typical worker over there would be SHOCKED that you care about how an animal across the world feels when we have much bigger problems to worry about here.

What I do have a problem with are people who torture or abuse animals for fun. There is no product coming out of it, no service, no food, nothing.

But this?... wow. Before you go on a crusade to end animal suffering across the world, I'd start apologizing to the bugs you squished on your way into the house tonight, the mice you've run over with your car, and the chickens and cows you've eaten at restaurants.
If I saw someone Skinning a Rat alive like this, I'd prob have a problem with it too... skinning anything alive serves no purpose... it's just inhumane...

SK
Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 AM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Guys,

Let's please remember that this is supposed to be a family friendly forum, and that not all "off topic" stuff should really be posted here. There are some things I wouldn't wish for my 8-yo daughter to see.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:36 AM
spitfire
Not the best

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Guys,

Let's please remember that this is supposed to be a family friendly forum, and that not all "off topic" stuff should really be posted here. There are some things I wouldn't wish for my 8-yo daughter to see.
and it says: "...NO politics..."

I am pretty sure this is getting into that...

Spit.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash

Originally Posted by Numbthumbs View Post
Japanese fisherman are not the only ones fishing inhumanely.

This is an interesting website for those really serious about doing something, or just looking for information on the fish we eat and which ones to avoid...

http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/c...et.aspx?gid=69
Most excellent sight; I looked up my favorite fish and there is good news. The ones I like are not on the "Very Bad List" I enjoy Talapia, Halibut, Catfish. I can't stand Tuna and in my opinion Swordfish isn't that good.

1lb Catfish Nuggets Chopped
1 small Vidalia Onion Chopped
1 small Bell Pepper Chopped
Italian bread Crumbs
Chayane Pepper
2 eggs
1/2 Cup Mayo
2 Tbs Lime Juice
Texas Pete

Mix everything together,(The Red Pepper is 1TPS to 1TBS Just according to how much heat you like) then add the bread crumbs until mixture is firm but not hard. Form into golf ball size Balls. Drop in 325 degree oil, cook until golden brown. Balls should float when done. Let cool, slather with Texas Pete and enjoy.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Numbthumbs
Master of Bisaster

It is a good site! I used to get farmed Norway Salmon here (pretty much all we get here in Germany) and now I stopped buying it after reading that site. Good info for those who like Seafood. Every little bit helps!
Cheers,

EDIT- Oh, and thanks for the recipe!