Looking for my next plane... - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Looking for my next plane...

Old 08-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Lando

Default Looking for my next plane...

So I have gotten plenty of flight time with my PZ f4 and now I am thinking about something new. The problem is this: the place I fly is much better for landing without gear. It is illegal here in the burbs to fly at the city parks, soccer fields...etc. Most of my air time is on land that will be turned into residential developments in the next few years. The ground is overgrown and bringing a foamie in with wheels just isn't a good idea, especially if it is a tail dragger. However, the grass is fairly tall, thick and cushions a landing very nicely without hurting anything.

I am thinking about either a sport or 3d type plane. I would prefer a bnf that I can use my dx5e with. I was debating on a micro, but think something closer to the size of my f4u would be the way to go considering the area I fly in.
Any recommendations on a good sport or 3d foamie that can land wthout gear, that is a bnf, will be well suited for my current lipos, will not break the bank and will not leave me bored?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:15 AM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Exclamation

Hi Lando
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
I would recomend these
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...97&postcount=2
Take care
Hank
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 AM
Lando

Very cool.
I was thinking about the beast before you posted this. I would prefer something that works with my current battery setup, but a micro might be a good idea. I could keep it in my trunk when on working on the road (which is 3 days a week) and fly when i have a little free time.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Numbthumbs
Master of Bisaster

that Beast is going to turn some heads at the field. I am definitely getting one. I hope it is crash resistant lol...