Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Lipo Cell Balancer??

Old 07-03-2006, 02:52 PM
  #1  
Don Sims
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Don Sims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 15,337
Default Lipo Cell Balancer??

I'm looking for a cell balancer for my lipos. I have three different brands and all have a common balancer plug. I've seen seperate 2 and 3 cell balancers for one of the three brands but was wondering if I could use them on all the cells.

Looking for opinions and links to in stock vendors!!
Thanks!
Don
Don Sims is offline  
Old 07-03-2006, 03:08 PM
  #2  
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?
 
Unbalanced prop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington, PA
Posts: 412
Default

What brands of cells are you using? I have a TP 205 and Hyperion LBA6 balancers that I use to balance TP, Hyperion, Apex and Dualsky packs. Both balancers work on all the packs but require adapters because of three different balancing connectors. You should have no problem using one balancer for all your packs, especially if they use the same balancing connector.

Doug
Unbalanced prop is offline  
Old 07-03-2006, 04:00 PM
  #3  
skiman762
FFFC
 
skiman762's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,008
Default

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
I'm looking for a cell balancer for my lipos. I have three different brands and all have a common balancer plug. I've seen seperate 2 and 3 cell balancers for one of the three brands but was wondering if I could use them on all the cells.

Looking for opinions and links to in stock vendors!!
Thanks!
Don
Don
you should be ok
you might want to check the balance plug on the other batteries compared to the one the that the balancer is made for here's link to a crude drawing. don't assume that they are wired the same all though I bet they are but you never know what these guy do

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=396544

Last edited by skiman762; 07-03-2006 at 04:15 PM.
skiman762 is offline  
Old 07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
  #4  
Donze
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by Unbalanced prop View Post
What brands of cells are you using? I have a TP 205 and Hyperion LBA6 balancers that I use to balance TP, Hyperion, Apex and Dualsky packs. Both balancers work on all the packs but require adapters because of three different balancing connectors. You should have no problem using one balancer for all your packs, especially if they use the same balancing connector.

Doug
Doug, for the Apex packs with the LBA6, did you have to make the adapter or is one available commercially? I've held off buying the LBA6 because I understood the adapters that come with the balancer don't fit 3S Apex packs.
Donze is offline  
Old 07-11-2006, 02:06 AM
  #5  
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?
 
Unbalanced prop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington, PA
Posts: 412
Default

Originally Posted by Donze View Post
Doug, for the Apex packs with the LBA6, did you have to make the adapter or is one available commercially? I've held off buying the LBA6 because I understood the adapters that come with the balancer don't fit 3S Apex packs.
I made an adapter. I wanted to make something that I could use to balance my Apex and Dualsky packs and use either my LBA6 or my TP 205 balancer. Here is what I came up with.

Doug
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	apex adapter.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	13912  
Unbalanced prop is offline  
Old 07-11-2006, 04:14 AM
  #6  
Donze
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7
Default

Doug, thanks for your prompt reply! I'm fairly new to this hobby, but my friend/mentor/flight instructor is a seasoned person. He looked at your pic (thanks again) and responded: There are no components that I see just a board with connectors on it. Ask him for the part number for the APEX / TP MALE plug and you should be OK I can make an adapter with that. Look like he made his own male plug though from something (the black plug plugs into the balance connector on the pack).

Would you be so kind to give me the answers to his questions, please.
Donze is offline  
Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 AM
  #7  
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?
 
Unbalanced prop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Washington, PA
Posts: 412
Default

Yeah I made my own male plug, but you can buy a pigtail like this one for the battery end.

http://3dxhobbies.com/store/catalog/...r_cat_289.html

You can use a connector like this for the LBA6 end.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...5371c2eaf4b784

Your friend should be able to make the adapter from those two connectors. Hope that helps you out.

Doug
Unbalanced prop is offline  
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
  #8  
vaporel
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1
Question apex lipos

hey i just bought 4 4s apex mk3 14.8 volts, 2100 mah andi dont know how to get the blancer connectors for the equinox balancer and this lipos. does anybody knows where can i buy them
vaporel is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
edran
Batteries & Chargers
10
06-07-2008 03:30 AM
edran
Batteries & Chargers
1
06-05-2008 02:51 PM
CitaFly
Batteries & Chargers
0
03-01-2007 10:30 PM
jwr0
Batteries & Chargers
2
03-13-2006 12:30 AM
kc10boom
Batteries & Chargers
1
02-06-2006 07:47 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Quick Reply: Lipo Cell Balancer??


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09835 seconds with 16 queries