Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Lipo Cell Balancer??

Old 07-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Default Lipo Cell Balancer??

I'm looking for a cell balancer for my lipos. I have three different brands and all have a common balancer plug. I've seen seperate 2 and 3 cell balancers for one of the three brands but was wondering if I could use them on all the cells.

Looking for opinions and links to in stock vendors!!
Thanks!
Don
Old 07-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?

What brands of cells are you using? I have a TP 205 and Hyperion LBA6 balancers that I use to balance TP, Hyperion, Apex and Dualsky packs. Both balancers work on all the packs but require adapters because of three different balancing connectors. You should have no problem using one balancer for all your packs, especially if they use the same balancing connector.

Doug
Old 07-03-2006, 04:00 PM
skiman762
FFFC

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
I'm looking for a cell balancer for my lipos. I have three different brands and all have a common balancer plug. I've seen seperate 2 and 3 cell balancers for one of the three brands but was wondering if I could use them on all the cells.

Looking for opinions and links to in stock vendors!!
Thanks!
Don
Don
you should be ok
you might want to check the balance plug on the other batteries compared to the one the that the balancer is made for here's link to a crude drawing. don't assume that they are wired the same all though I bet they are but you never know what these guy do

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...hmentid=396544

Last edited by skiman762; 07-03-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Donze

Originally Posted by Unbalanced prop View Post
What brands of cells are you using? I have a TP 205 and Hyperion LBA6 balancers that I use to balance TP, Hyperion, Apex and Dualsky packs. Both balancers work on all the packs but require adapters because of three different balancing connectors. You should have no problem using one balancer for all your packs, especially if they use the same balancing connector.

Doug
Doug, for the Apex packs with the LBA6, did you have to make the adapter or is one available commercially? I've held off buying the LBA6 because I understood the adapters that come with the balancer don't fit 3S Apex packs.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?

Originally Posted by Donze View Post
Doug, for the Apex packs with the LBA6, did you have to make the adapter or is one available commercially? I've held off buying the LBA6 because I understood the adapters that come with the balancer don't fit 3S Apex packs.
I made an adapter. I wanted to make something that I could use to balance my Apex and Dualsky packs and use either my LBA6 or my TP 205 balancer. Here is what I came up with.

Doug
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	apex adapter.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	13912  
Old 07-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Donze

Doug, thanks for your prompt reply! I'm fairly new to this hobby, but my friend/mentor/flight instructor is a seasoned person. He looked at your pic (thanks again) and responded: There are no components that I see just a board with connectors on it. Ask him for the part number for the APEX / TP MALE plug and you should be OK I can make an adapter with that. Look like he made his own male plug though from something (the black plug plugs into the balance connector on the pack).

Would you be so kind to give me the answers to his questions, please.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Unbalanced prop
Watt, No fuel?

Yeah I made my own male plug, but you can buy a pigtail like this one for the battery end.

http://3dxhobbies.com/store/catalog/...r_cat_289.html

You can use a connector like this for the LBA6 end.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...5371c2eaf4b784

Your friend should be able to make the adapter from those two connectors. Hope that helps you out.

Doug
Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM
vaporel

Question apex lipos

hey i just bought 4 4s apex mk3 14.8 volts, 2100 mah andi dont know how to get the blancer connectors for the equinox balancer and this lipos. does anybody knows where can i buy them