Deans to XT60 Converter For RC Bttery - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Deans to XT60 Converter For RC Bttery

Old 09-26-2012, 08:31 PM
rcpilot12

Default Deans to XT60 Converter For RC Bttery

Hello everyone to let you all know i have built a converter for lipo batterys and ESC No need to change the factory fitted plug on your battery. If you would like to know more pllease message me
Old 09-26-2012, 08:51 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

You can buy them for next to nothing from Hobbyking and many other places:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1pc_bag_.html

I soldered one of my own up when I was repairing a friend's plane and needed to use my batteries in it for testing. But as a regular 'day to day' option I'd personally not use an adaptor as it adds extra resistance and potential points of failure into the system. If I can solder up an adaptor I can just as easy solder a new connector onto a battery or ESC

Soldering is pretty much an essential skill if you do electric flight IMHO.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:23 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I too agree that not using adaptor if at all possible is best ....

I also have adaptors as I often have request to charge up a battery etc. via my permanent on 12v supply in rear of my Volvo XC. But's that all use them for.

Nigel
Old 09-29-2012, 05:51 AM
TheWoodCrafter

Originally Posted by rcpilot12 View Post
Hello everyone to let you all know i have built a converter for lipo batterys and ESC No need to change the factory fitted plug on your battery. If you would like to know more pllease message me

Good luck there.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by rcpilot12 View Post
You are now joining the big wide world of Electric Flight ........ many of us carry in our flight boxes various cable adaptors to accommodate various items.
My Charger has at least the following and some I've forgotten !

Deans to :
Glow plug driver
Tx charge plug
Rx charge plug
XT60
banana plugs
croc clips
Tamaya plug
Mini tamaya plug
JST
HST
bare ends for those others !!

Banana to :
loads !! I can't remember !

Now here's a couple that may interest people ............

Deans to :

Rechargeable hand drill battery charge stand. This I removed the burnt out internal charge board and then soldered a lead to opposite Deans so I could connect my B6 charger and charge my portable drill batterys whatever voltage !

Electric screwdriver via din plug

Once you realise that these Pro chargers can charge just about anything you have ... even such as Lawn Tractor battery's ... car batterys, etc. - the world really opens up !!

Cheers
Nigel