Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

How many in favor of Lunar Colonization?

Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 PM
TeslaWinger

Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
I didn't realise that they had established a date for the polar flip routine; seems to me that the last time it happened was ~11,000 years ago, and the victims pointed to are the Mastodons, frozen solid with fresh grass in their stomachs. That, gentlemen is flash freezing at an unbelievable scale, possible only by exposure to outer space... Even the meat is edible.

See the Mayan Calandar- it ends on that date- after 12,000 yrs!

Polarity reversal will reverse the rotation of the Earth and all the air and seas will lag behind and be the engine of destruction that wipes the surface clean. The mastodons were probably near the equator when it started- and ended up at the poles when the Earth shifted- and froze along with all the lush vegetation around it. The frozen land at the poles were moved to thaw somewhere more temperate.
It's gonna be a REAL BAD DAY!

Also, a book sometime ago (Ages of Gaia?) mentioned that mankind was an infection, and the Earth (a living, complete, organism) has to shake off the infection when it becomes dangerous to its health.

Once you realize that all those trees, plants, and everything else is ALIVE- it makes you wonder! Perhaps she is as wise- and ALIVE- as she is BIG!

Makes ya wonder about the worth of your pension funds, doesn't it?
You mean you haven't specified getting your retirement in EUROS
Old 01-09-2007, 05:01 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

Hahaa! Ya just gotta stay close to the guy writing the cheques is all!

Yeah and it's the air motion that will be the biggest force, same as before: atmosphere 200 miles thick in some places, crushing everything, ground level in others, freezing everything solid instantly: take your pick, just like anyone can predict this event! The ocean follows along wiping away what's left...

On that thought, happy new year...:-0
Old 01-10-2007, 01:58 AM
TeslaWinger

Yeah, TL- and oceans 2 and 3 miles deep.... good day to be 'out of town!'

Here's a description of the event I found in the Atlantis Rising Archives. Lots of non-mainstream theories that take into account things like Out Of Place Artifacts and all the things the Official Explanations have to ignore to be believable.

Whoever built all the pyramids all over the world knew the cycle of these shifts and built it into the architecture, aligned to the stars with stunning precision and a tunable crystal structure (King's Chamber) for... what?! Torches would have left soot on the ceiling- so how did they light the interior?

The Mayans prepared for 200 yrs before it hit and spread their culture and science around the globe and started over, like the Atlanteans before them.

The best reason for all this I found in an AR mag. The solar system travels a sinosoidal path and moves above and below the arms of the Milky Way's Galactic Plane. In so doing it sees a different polarity and it flips to align itself to it, just like the Magnets 101 experiment... but a lot messier!

Altho its left unsaid in Sitchen's tale of Utnapishtim's Flood, The Anunaki knew it was going to happen- but they neither caused it or could do anything about it. It was bigger than them too! Design flaw or auto-renewal? Will Enki again provide an escape for a 'lucky few' who get to start over? We'll have to wait and see...

Happy New Year.
Keep your shields up!
TW

http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue9/ar9poleshift.html
Old 01-10-2007, 02:21 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

Interesting stuff; I've been following all this through Sitchen, Velikovsy, von Daniken, etc, just for curiosity, but it does give one pause. Most fun is to quote stuff like this to the JWs that bang on your door; I have never had to send them away, they leave on their own accord...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 AM
TeslaWinger

Several widespread isolated cultures have legends of this being the Fifth Realm, there having been four previous floods and entire world populations all but wiped literally from the face of the Earth, save but a few. Talk about RECYCLING!

Suddenly those sody pop bottle's 400 year lifetime look paltry!

Perhaps the only way to survive it- besides being in space and deeply shielded from the Sun's radiation- I would imagine she'll be seriously unstable for awhile- would be to bore deep enough into stable bedrock in the middle of a techtonic plate and go out like the Morlocks! The Tunnel Boring Machines haven't been resting on their Chunnel laurels, you know- and they work underwater too- and hope you picked a spot that won't be under a mountain when its over!!

We know less about the nearest body of water or what is beneath our feet under the Earth than we do the light years of space above us. Maybe there is more to learn here before we commit to another multinational project like the Space Station. Between NASA and Star City its a real puzzle palace! Mars mission from these characters? Multiply by a hundred! :O Roger. Da!

Let Burt Rutan build a space Ark! Scaled Composites, take me awayyyyy...!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Dorsal
If it Flies, I love it!

You should read the book "Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert A. Heinlein.
It explains in very clear detail the implications of living on a planet with no atmosphere that is tidally locked to another planet.
And you WILL pay for the air you breath.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:08 AM
TeslaWinger

Default New Restaurant on the Moon!

Great cuisine! Tops in service... but.. alas.... no atmosphere...

TW
Old 01-14-2007, 01:52 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

HAHAA! Good one, TW.

All fun stuff... Didn't Al Capp have a shot at Life On The Moon in the 50s? Atmosphere trapped in a crack in the plane on the dark side, or some other impossibility. Yet he was right about wrist radios and tvs, technology that wouldn't seem unusual now. Not many of Dick Tracy's practical toys that haven't beome reality.

Another old, old book was "When Worlds Collide"; they did a movie, and I read the book, but very few read "After Worlds Collide", which followed the events after the rocket lands on the other planet...
Old 01-17-2007, 12:18 AM
TeslaWinger

TL, what in the ... universe... got into Al Capp back then? Something he read somewhere? This was pre-StarTrek! The Magnetic Space Coup, MoonMaiden (that lil cutie!), wrist TV and the entire technoworld he envisioned was seriously different from the storylines of his day. Maybe he joined Richard Nixon and Jackie Gleason on their trip to see 'the craft' at Wright-Pat... 8D !

It might turn out that Earth is owned- or farmed- or .. what? By... whom? All I know is they left a book- entitled...

"To Serve Man"

I don't savvy their lingo - it could be a cookbook for all I know...
Beware!! Look To The Skies...
TW
Old 01-17-2007, 05:48 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

Hilarious stuff...

Yeah, Ol' Al was on a roll alright. Not too many guys who are 50 years ahead of their time that I have seen lately!

A cookbook sounds about right to me: global warming is likely the oven being turned up! However, a few have offered up the thought that there is indeed a "higher intelligence" out there, and Earth is just another Petrie Dish, and when it screws up to an unsalvageable level or shows the experiment is a failure, then it just gets flung out, cleaned, and a new experiment starts.

Glad I'm as old as I am; whatever comes next won't bother me much!
Old 08-13-2020, 06:41 AM
Twizter68
I can't see my plane.....

Default Response after over a decade of development.

Originally Posted by TeslaWinger View Post
We know less about the nearest body of water or what is beneath our feet under the Earth than we do the light years of space above us. Maybe there is more to learn here before we commit to another multinational project like the Space Station. Between NASA and Star City its a real puzzle palace! Mars mission from these characters? Multiply by a hundred! :O Roger. Da!

Let Burt Rutan build a space Ark! Scaled Composites, take me awayyyyy...!
With the developments that SpaceX is working on, it was funny to see how this comment aged!
Old 08-13-2020, 09:45 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

There are some unusual things on the moon. If you use Google Moon and spend some time looking it is very interesting. I found a line of holes once that looked like mines. Dead straight line Weird.
But Yes, it will happen and be colonized much the same as Antarctica would be my guess. But you will never hear what they find there.