Standard & Large E-Heli Talk Discuss all standard and large sized electric rc helicopters in here

KDS Chase 360

Old 09-19-2015, 04:46 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Default KDS Chase 360

The KDS Chase 360 is one of the newer generation of 'stretched 450' 6s powered helis. I was looking out for a smaller heli that i could fly in my lunchbreaks at work now the dark nights are drawing in and this one came up at a bargain price that i couldnt turn down. The heli was built and complete but never even powered up.
I had to do a fair amount of work to put the build right. The first owner was a first time builder and there were a few errors in the build that would have been fatal if not corrected, but once sorted this is a sweet looking little heli. Mechanically it's quite unique featuring a two stage belt reduction drive plus belt tail drive. The general quality of the heli is absolutely top notch, as good as anything I've come accross.

It came with a really nice build spec:
  • Vbar mini Pro (genuine)
  • Scorpion motor
  • Hobbywing V3 50A ESC
  • Edge blades
  • Savox servos
  • Gens Ace 6s 1450mAh battery

Here it is with most of the build errors put right though the eagle eyed might spot one that I only picked up later:

I gave it a brief test hover in my garden yesterday evening and all looked ok so test flight proper came today, all went smoothly:

Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; 09-19-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:03 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

I'm really liking the little Chase it flies so much better than how I remember how my old 450: