Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

Tragic event in Taiwan

Old 11-07-2019, 01:05 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default Tragic event in Taiwan

http://m.focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201911030004.aspx

Total sympathy for all involved, terrible.

Forgive me for saying - but I have been banging on at various times on other forums etc. about the dangers of models - and that it does not take a large gasoline job to kill. This is a glider (yes I realise this is not a small lightweight) but still not a model that would immediately spring to mind as a killer.

I can remember odd occasions people hit by slopers when I was in UK ... they could 'hurt' !!

I had an incident myself with a Enya 35 powered Rojair Spitfire when landing luckily deadstick one time at a power flying field ... young lad walked across in front of it as it was landing ... nothing I could do - hit him side of the head ... boy did he shout out !! That was slow as well.

I've had wind carry models out of flight zone ... it happens. I had a LMC Mirage 2000 land in the Beaulieu Car Park ! That got me some black marks !!

But doesn't change fact that a terrible event has happened and I am sure the Pilot is grief stricken along with the family of the deceased.