Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Any replacement suppliers for Heads Up R/C yet?

Old 11-05-2019, 05:36 PM
geb
geb

Default Any replacement suppliers for Heads Up R/C yet?

Is anyone aware of any replacements for Heads Up R/C and B.P. Hobbies ??
As a long time model aircraft builder, I never caught on as a consumer of Chinese RTF foam products. Since largely converting to electric power several years ago, I found B.P. and Heads Up product mix very well oriented toward builders, as opposed to many websites that seem to cater mostly to the buy and fly crowd.

They were pretty much a "one stop" shop for much of what I needed to complete a traditionally built model.
Now, it appears that I must hunt and peck across numerous websites to find what I need.

Thanks for any thoughts on this subject.
GEB
Old 11-05-2019, 07:08 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I doubt if anyone will ever approach the unmatched service that HURC provided. Price wise I'm lost now. BangYouGood carries some of the stuff that Jeff did but how well do they treat you when you get lumps of garbage in your order? We really need to drag Jeff back out of retirement......

Joe
Old 11-05-2019, 10:12 PM
geb
geb

Joe, thanks for your response.
I read some of the comments on Watt Flyer about Hobby King and Bang (you?!) Good.
To be fair, I've never ordered from either, however those comments confirm my suspicions about them.

It would further appear to me that the fading away of suppliers who cater more to builders is just one more "nail in the coffin"
for those of us who still enjoy constructing traditionally built model aircraft as opposed to buying them "R.T.F.".

Unfortunately, this trend goes hand in hand with the demise of model aircraft periodicals like Flying Models, a reliable source for
construction articles. It is still further enhanced by the nearly exclusive content of Model Aviation now days which is primarily devoted to the review, and promotion of imported Chinese R.T.F. foam products.

And then, when you add in the F.A.A.'s zeal to regulate anything flying higher than a frisbee, and (as I see it) the A.M.A.'s seemingly timid approach to resisting,... I don't see a very positive future for model aviation any longer.
GEB