Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Robbed by United Hobbies/Hobby City

Old 05-31-2008, 10:19 PM
  #51  
Bub Steve
Super Contributor
 
Bub Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shadeville Fl,
Posts: 7,189
Default

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Bub :Steve;: I will be sure to check that out on them that there forum later
smokejohnson::I want to paint too:p!!!looks like ya'll are have'in fun,bub, steve
Bub Steve is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:42 PM
  #52  
trebel-t91230l
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9
Default Trebel

I guess I'll never learn> I bit on Hobbycity. Should have known better. Won't say "I'll never do that again". Too many times. Would suggest staying away from Hobbycity!!!!
trebel-t91230l is offline  
Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 PM
  #53  
Kosh
Super Contributor
 
Kosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bothell, Washington (by Seattle)
Posts: 3,445
Default

I love HobbyCity myself, Just ordered a new plane last week and it showed up on my door in 7 days with standard shipping. Thats better service than I get from many companies much closer.
Kosh is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 AM
  #54  
gfdengine204
Super Contributor
 
gfdengine204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sandwich, IL
Posts: 9,565
Default

Originally Posted by trebel View Post
I guess I'll never learn> I bit on Hobbycity. Should have known better. Won't say "I'll never do that again". Too many times. Would suggest staying away from Hobbycity!!!!
Trebel,

What exactly was the problem? Anyone can say stay away. What happened?
gfdengine204 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 12:34 AM
  #55  
fr4nk1yn
^_^
 
fr4nk1yn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,387
Default

Sounds like somebody trolling.
Oh yeah! I got my $12.08 refunded (: I ordered 3 servos.
AND That made me a Platinum Member.
fr4nk1yn is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:00 AM
  #56  
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP
 
rea59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Midway Kentucky
Posts: 1,228
Default

Originally Posted by trebel View Post
I guess I'll never learn> I bit on Hobbycity. Should have known better. Won't say "I'll never do that again". Too many times. Would suggest staying away from Hobbycity!!!!
What exactly is the problem? I use HC a lot and have never had an issue.
rea59 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:37 AM
  #57  
Aero Ace Ace
Member
 
Aero Ace Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 182
Default

4 orders from HC so far. Over $600 worth of stuff, which probably would have cost $1200+ from my LHS, which I do still shop at. All 4 orders were delivered within 5-10 days. I only order in stock items, and if I order the wrong thing I just live with it.
Aero Ace Ace is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 AM
  #58  
gfdengine204
Super Contributor
 
gfdengine204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sandwich, IL
Posts: 9,565
Default

Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Sounds like somebody trolling.
Oh yeah! I got my $12.08 refunded (: I ordered 3 servos.
AND That made me a Platinum Member.
Glad to hear you got your money back to you.
gfdengine204 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 05:27 AM
  #59  
mark bren
New Member
 
mark bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Yes it is a shame you have to introduce yourself this way...

This is another reason why I like to use reputable companies that are at least in our own country. I just don't see saving a few pennies here and there worth it when there are so many good reputable dealers that have impeccable customer service.

I hope your situation gets resolved but I would not hold my breath.

Lesson learned I hope.
A Few Pennys are you kidding me I have placed 12 orders through them and got all of it I have saved hundreds and its kept me in the hobby. A E-flite motor that bends it shaft every time it noses over is 90.00 I can get a better motor through united for 30.00.
Same with batts a 4400 4sp would set me back 150.00 and i can get it for 70.00? I worked at a local hobby store and saw the 48% markup why bother the moneys going back to china anyway!
I just don't order things that are backordered thats where the problems come in they can't handle that. I don't know why but if you order things that are in stock or wait till they are you will get them at leaest I have
but I do have to wait for for there stock to come in and that sucks sometimes
Just My 2 CENT WORTH
mark bren is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 06:31 AM
  #60  
ministeve2003
Class Clown
 
ministeve2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montclair, California
Posts: 4,472
Default

Originally Posted by trebel View Post
I guess I'll never learn> I bit on Hobbycity. Should have known better. Won't say "I'll never do that again". Too many times. Would suggest staying away from Hobbycity!!!!
these retailers really do think we're ignorant of trolling... comeon, your first post, and you've been screwed by big bad hobbycity... yea right... what a joker... can somebody please ban these jokers IP Addresses...
SK
ministeve2003 is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:14 PM
  #61  
firemanbill
Community Moderator
 
firemanbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sevierville, Tennessee
Posts: 20,653
Default

Originally Posted by mark bren View Post
A Few Pennys are you kidding me I have placed 12 orders through them and got all of it I have saved hundreds and its kept me in the hobby. A E-flite motor that bends it shaft every time it noses over is 90.00 I can get a better motor through united for 30.00.
Same with batts a 4400 4sp would set me back 150.00 and i can get it for 70.00? I worked at a local hobby store and saw the 48% markup why bother the moneys going back to china anyway!
I just don't order things that are backordered thats where the problems come in they can't handle that. I don't know why but if you order things that are in stock or wait till they are you will get them at leaest I have
but I do have to wait for for there stock to come in and that sucks sometimes
Just My 2 CENT WORTH
A few pennies yeah. the 4400 4s you mention... hobby city out of stock. it could be $10 and you still wouldn't get it.

And I can get the same battery friom true rc for not $150, but $85 Grayson Hobbies $99. and they have them in stock. More expensive but not the extreme example you cite. I can also get great motors such as welgards and such a lot less the eflites too.

If the stuff at HC is in stock then ok. More and more we are hearing of folks having good results. That is wonderful and I hope they continue to do well and treat customers right.

I'm just saying there are more options out there than HC.
firemanbill is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
  #62  
mark bren
New Member
 
mark bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
A few pennies yeah. the 4400 4s you mention... hobby city out of stock. it could be $10 and you still wouldn't get it.

And I can get the same battery friom true rc for not $150, but $85 Grayson Hobbies $99. and they have them in stock. More expensive but not the extreme example you cite. I can also get great motors such as welgards and such a lot less the eflites too.

If the stuff at HC is in stock then ok. More and more we are hearing of folks having good results. That is wonderful and I hope they continue to do well and treat customers right.

I'm just saying there are more options out there than HC.
your right people have there choices and I have has great luck with UH I looked at one of the listed stores and found a TP 4cell 4400 at 179.00 but thats TP and the last 2 I had puffed up like ballons so 179.0 or 70. HMMM..
anyway people can do what thay want and my main point was not to order things that are out of stock. and the items I have got work great and are cheaper than MOST stores
mark bren is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:34 PM
  #63  
firemanbill
Community Moderator
 
firemanbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sevierville, Tennessee
Posts: 20,653
Default

Originally Posted by mark bren View Post
your right people have there choices and I have has great luck with UH I looked at one of the listed stores and found a TP 4cell 4400 at 179.00 but thats TP and the last 2 I had puffed up like ballons so 179.0 or 70. HMMM..
anyway people can do what thay want and my main point was not to order things that are out of stock. and the items I have got work great and are cheaper than MOST stores
I got my last two 4s 4000 from Grayson Hobbies while at SEFF for $80 a peice. You don't have to buy the big brand names to get good stuff, heck like you say they puff too.

These batts are working out awesome. I have about 40 cycles on them already, charging at 3c on my Cellpro 10s charger. The first set of big ones I got were twice that from Maxamps. Great batteries too but for half the price I'll stick with Grayson now.
firemanbill is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 11:57 PM
  #64  
trebel-t91230l
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9
Default

Originally Posted by Aero Ace Ace View Post
4 orders from HC so far. Over $600 worth of stuff, which probably would have cost $1200+ from my LHS, which I do still shop at. All 4 orders were delivered within 5-10 days. I only order in stock items, and if I order the wrong thing I just live with it.
I think you have the right idea, buy in stock items. Looking thru the posts it looks as though most problems were with backordered items and communication. Mine was with backorder and communications. I can go along with anything if communication is OK.
That made me decide to spend the extra money and buy at home with good service.
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.
Dick Trebel
(Not a dealer, not trolling. I just want to make my opinions known. Note that I use my own name}
trebel-t91230l is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 12:16 AM
  #65  
Bub Steve
Super Contributor
 
Bub Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shadeville Fl,
Posts: 7,189
Default

Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Sounds like somebody trolling.
Oh yeah! I got my $12.08 refunded (: I ordered 3 servos.
AND That made me a Platinum Member.
fr4nk1ynBub::good post'in my Bub,They'll NEVER make me Plat'num cause I Busted the Admins Chops to many times on their forum, Everyone likes me over there and it's the only reason they haven't bann'ed me,HaHaa, I had my orders(8 ) in about 3-4 weeks (once 6 weeks), still get flite-packs & combos (lite stuff) but shipp'in on planes an things that got any poundage I go LHS'in, I'm like'in heads up and need to go there more (me,a troll??)Jeff would laff!!anyway That my humble o'pin'yan,, your bub, steve
Bub Steve is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 PM
  #66  
Bub Steve
Super Contributor
 
Bub Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shadeville Fl,
Posts: 7,189
Default

They just made me Platinum, Shame on me!! bub, steve
Bub Steve is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:19 PM
  #67  
ministeve2003
Class Clown
 
ministeve2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montclair, California
Posts: 4,472
Default

Been Platinum for almost a year now... double shame on me...LOL

after as much stuff as I purchased lately, I think they need a higher category... LOL
SK
ministeve2003 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM
  #68  
Liquidity
Combat Vet
 
Liquidity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,049
Default

how many orders/what dollar value did you need to become platnium. I am still only a gold member
Liquidity is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
  #69  
pburt1975
Hotel California
 
pburt1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,456
Default

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
how many orders/what dollar value did you need to become platnium. I am still only a gold member
I"d like to know that too. I have heard tho, its based strictly on how many orders and not on dollar amount
pburt1975 is offline  
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 PM
  #70  
Liquidity
Combat Vet
 
Liquidity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 2,049
Default

Well that is stupid.
Liquidity is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 05:43 AM
  #71  
ministeve2003
Class Clown
 
ministeve2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montclair, California
Posts: 4,472
Default

I don't know... but I've had like 56 orders.... but I think it was only after about 10...

PS, it doesn't save a whole lot, maybe 5%-10% at very most on some stuff... maybe 1% or none on others...

SK
ministeve2003 is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 AM
  #72  
Bub Steve
Super Contributor
 
Bub Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shadeville Fl,
Posts: 7,189
Default

10 was my magic# also, bub, steve
Bub Steve is offline  
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
  #73  
Bill G
Super Contrubutor
 
Bill G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Central PA
Posts: 4,422
Default

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Let take this one step farther and suggest that folks only buy from reputable vendors in the USA period. Is it really worth the aggravation to save a few pennies on an ESC (of questionable reliability in the first place)?

For example, try finding anything negative about Todd's Models, Stevens Aero, or Mountain Models. Now, try finding something negative about Hobby City or United Hobbies (or whatever name they are using this year). Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

Frank
I have to agree. I am the Schelprock guy who always gets the bad deal. If a company goofs up 1 in 100 times, I get it.
Anyone need a landing gear set to a GP Super Sportster? Tower accidentally sent it to me, instead of a GP Hellcat cowl, but they MADE IT RIGHT in a few days at their cost, and told me to just keep the landing gear. Better companies like Tower actually track their customers too, and if you buy much from them, I'm sure it can only help if there are any problems. Same with BP Hobbies. I'm sure if I ever had an issue with them, ( I haven't) they would pull up my account and see that I've done probably $1000 worth of business with them. I'm sure it would matter to them. I'm not sure HC looks at it that way.

I've found places like BP and Allerc to be a good middle-of-the-road. Sure, it stinks when you often see the same stuff at HC for up to 1/2 less, but I have a pretty good feeling about dealing with BP and Allerc.

There are a few items where it is worth buying good stuff. Other than crash damage, batteries should last a good while, and I've found it to be worth the money to buy good batts. Same goes for ESCs. Castle TBird ESCs aren't terribly expensive, and while I have had a few issues with basically all brands of ESCs, you generally know you will get what you pay for with a TBird, and not aggrevation.

Originally Posted by ministeve2003 View Post
these retailers really do think we're ignorant of trolling... comeon, your first post, and you've been screwed by big bad hobbycity... yea right... what a joker... can somebody please ban these jokers IP Addresses...
SK
In terms of credibility, I can't guess at this person's real situation, but we do know that some folks will use every forum out there to bash a place that they had a problem with. The problem with this is that it is no more useful that info about anything rc related, that is posted by a person with no rep on a forum. For example, I'm known as a Guillows converter, after doing many. If I came here with my first Guillows build and said "Hey all I'm the expert, listen to me", I don't think anybody would. I wouldn't expect anyone to either.
Bill G is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mikidymac
Batteries & Chargers
114
07-04-2008 04:52 PM
marchino61
Company Discussions
53
01-01-2008 07:46 PM
aquaskiman
Company Discussions
20
11-15-2007 01:59 AM
iFLYrc_Vic
Company Discussions
63
06-19-2007 04:48 AM
Aussie E-Flite
General Electric Discussions
11
04-02-2007 11:31 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Quick Reply: Robbed by United Hobbies/Hobby City


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15651 seconds with 13 queries