General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Safe Select Will Not Turn On

Old 04-11-2019, 06:27 PM
garyp1029

Default Safe Select Will Not Turn On

I have a Conscendo with Safe Select (SS). The stock AR636A binded to my old DX6i and the SS worked with no problems. I recently bought a new DX6 and find that the Conscendo will bind to it BUT the SS does not work---that is, after binding with SS ON the control surfaces all function, but they do not move when the plane is rotated or tilted to test the system. When binding with SS ON I get the 3 flat tones, but not the 2 ascending tones. I have talked and worked extensively with HH. They sent a new, but DIFFERENT, receiver---an AR636 (not the original AR636A), and I CAREFULLY installed it, but the problem persists. They say the problem can't be the DX6 or the ESC, so they want the plane returned for analysis (the box no longer exists). I have even tried binding to my old DX6i (with which SS originally worked), and SS doesn't work with it!!! Does anyone have a suggestion which might solve this problem??? Thanks. Gary
Old 04-12-2019, 12:09 AM
quorneng
Super Contributor

If the problem has persists after changing both the TX and the Rx then by deduction there must be something wrong with the ESC. The different tones are suspicious.
My suggestion would be to test it using another ESC. It could be a small one as you are only testing Rx and servos..
Old 04-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Hook up the Rx with a simple battery instead of the ESC, that way you bypass all the possible problems with it.
I usually setup a plane with a battery, so that I have a stable voltage and can,'t have any problems with a prop.