RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX71 timer start setting?

Old 07-04-2012, 04:11 PM
DanWard

Question DX71 timer start setting?

I have some questions about the DX7s timer start value and I am not finding answers on my own and the manual say nothing. Perhaps someone here can help?

Throttle % = This appears to start and run the time anytime throttle stick is >= the percentage set in the timer setup. I've been using this. Works good because I never forget to start my timer.

throttle 1 - time = I have no clue what this means

throttle out % = I thought perhaps this was similar to "Throttle percent" but instead of based on stick position it was based on actual throttle output command to the plane. For example the DX7s has a throttle hold that I use on my electric planes. When switch is on the throttle command to the plane is held at zero regardless of stick position. So I figured timer would not run when switch was on holding throttle at zero regardless of what I did with the stick but it doesn't work that way. So obviously I have no clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by DanWard; 07-11-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM
RWK

On my DX8:

"Throttle 1-time": the timer starts when the programmed throttle position is exceeded and then continues until your set time is reached or you re-zero it with the "clear" button. This is what I use since it is impossible to forget to turn on the timer.

There is also a "Throttle" position that will begin the timer when the throttle is advanced past the preset position, and will pause the timer if you go below that position during flight. Once you again go above the set position, the timer continues where it left off.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by RWK View Post
There is also a "Throttle" position that will begin the timer when the throttle is advanced past the preset position, and will pause the timer if you go below that position during flight. Once you again go above the set position, the timer continues where it left off.
Yeah, this is intended for e-power sailplanes where you might spend a large proportion of the flight gliding and wish to only record power-on time. For my aerobatic planes I just leave it on the 'throttle 1 time' setting.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:19 PM
raften

What is a DX71, is that a typo or a real Tx?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:14 AM
DanWard

Default Sorry, DX7s

I tripped up. It is a DX7s. Loose nut on the keyboard. Sorry.

I corrected it in the body of my original post but it won't let me edit title.

I know, I know...again I am sorry.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 AM
DanWard

Thanks for all the help. I called Spektrum and here is what I have learned.

If I had questions, maybe others will as well, and then this info may help them.

Throttle = This appears to start and run the timer anytime throttle stick is >= the percentage setting in the timer setup. Timer pauses but does not reset when stick is moved to < percent setting.

throttle 1 - time = the timer starts when the programmed throttle position is exceeded and then continues until your set time is reached regardless of additional throttle stick position change. (no pause)

throttle out = They say this is for gas planes. If throttle is trimmed to say 10% and you set the timer to start at 20% the 20% is an offset such that the timer actually starts at 30% (10% = 20%). The guy I spoke with had never used it and didn't know much about it so I just thanked him.

Timer reset = I was told the only way to reset timer is to cycle transmitter power.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:06 PM
startazz

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Yeah, this is intended for e-power sailplanes where you might spend a large proportion of the flight gliding and wish to only record power-on time. For my aerobatic planes I just leave it on the 'throttle 1 time' setting.
Thanks for that little snippet of info because i use that one for my warbirds and EDF's but i haven't tried the throttle 1 time setting on my DX8 yet,to be honest i've only had it about 4 months so i haven't played around with the settings all that much yet.
I'll check the throttle 1 setting tonight when i get home and see whats what.