General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Easy star type plane

Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 PM
spanky-grandma

Default Easy star type plane

Hey guys
I am fairly new to rc planes and just got soloing anyway i had an easystar which i liked but i have outgrown the easystar in my opinion. I am looking for a more acrobatic type easystar plane (i want a plane like this so i can rip the equipment oughtta the easystar and put it in the new plane.) anyway any suggestions would be great!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
buzzbomber
Matt Smith

Maybe take a look at the Space Scooter, if you like Multiplex. You should be able to use the same batteries, ESC, Rx, servos, and possibly motor from the ES in the Space scooter. My brother has a Sky Scooter(predecessor to the Space Scooter), and it's a great plane, especially after upgrading to a geared motor setup(his came direct drive originally).
Old 10-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Leo L

Check out the Multiplex MiniMagistar (Minimag). A great plane to introduce you to aileron control.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:27 PM
celticflyer

Leo, do you know or have seen the MINIEMAG do areobatics, a stock MINIEMAG not the conversion?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Unless you need the money, why not keep the Easy Star flying? Why take it apart? Is it damaged so badly you can't fly it? I have 8-12 flyable planes at any given time so I can enjoy different types of flying on a grab and go basis. And, if one gets damaged, I just reach for another.

Space Scooter and MiniMag are good recommendations.

I have a World Models Sky Runner e-glider that might be fun for you.

What radio system are you using or are you planning to buy a new one? That will impact recommendtaions. A 3 channel radio can't fly a 4 channel plane using all controls.