Combat Electric combat discussion in here.

E-Combat in Tulsa

Old 04-11-2009, 11:30 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Today was a great day for combat . We got a late start and only managed 3 rounds but they were great rounds. I think we managed a streamer cut in each round which is a good thing. Had a couple of mid airs...actually I was involved in both :o.

Other than Brett decimating my combat foamie with a paintball gun at the end I think most of the damage is repairable. I think Justin may have stripped a servo in one of the collisions.

Looking forward to doing it again in a couple of weeks .
Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Saturday April 25th at 9:00am "Start Combat" will be called. We will fly 5 rounds 30 minutes apart with the last round starting at 11:00.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 AM
jrAce

thanks for letting me fly your plane. I changed the speed controler and does graet. I will fly it tomorrow. If the weather is good. just do not shoot it down with the paintball gun.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:45 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I wish I could fly tomorrow...I don't dare touch a plane on Easter Sunday. That would be a sure fire way to make the boss mad .

You can borrow my plane anytime Parker, you really did good today.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:59 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

I agee with Smoke, Parker you are becoming a very good pilot! I think the rest of us need to watch our streamers in the future I had a great time Sat. Lots of planes, great weather and combat, what could be better.
Thanks to Jack for the video of my speedwing. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLE4N8wcvMA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLE4N8wcvMA[/media]
Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 AM
jrAce

does any one know wheather is going to be like.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:57 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Looks like it is going to be windy but dry. I don't mind the wind...I will be out there ready for combat .
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Well the 15-20MPH winds kind of put a damper on combat yesterday but we did manage one good round. Justin cut my streamer first but we didn't realize it until I landed. We are using a 6" piece of white streamer attached to the tail and I only had about 4" left.

Hopefully we can have better conditions in 2 weeks.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:51 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Saturday MAY 9th at 9:00am "Start Combat" will be called. We will fly 5 rounds 30 minutes apart with the last round starting at 11:00.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:19 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Even with the high winds we still managed a couple of rounds of combat this morning. Surfer Dude was clearly the Ace for the day. I don't know what it was but I just couldn't keep my plane off the ground today , I crashed out early both rounds. Oh well...maybe I will have better luck next time.

I went to the club meeting at the Bald Eagles club today to talk about combat, I think it went well. The crystal that came out of my old receiver was not the right size for the new receiver so I only had the one plane, I wish I would have had 2 of them going so I could give them a taste of combat. I did let several guys fly the TCS and they seemed to like it for a "foamie". I will get the 2 planes going and go down there again so they can check it out.

How many of you guys would be willing to fly combat there at the Bald Eagles?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Saturday MAY 23rd at 9:00am "Start Combat" will be called. We will fly 5 rounds 30 minutes apart with the last round starting at 11:00.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

June 13th we are all invited to go fly combat at the Bald Eagle field. I think there will be at least a couple of guys down there ready to try it by then. Who all thinks they can make it?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:59 AM
scottn3n
montanamodelworks.com

Guys,
How often do you do this? We've been looking for somebody that flies combat like this (live near Shawnee). We'd like to come up there & destroy some foam. Sometime in mid June? We also sell a line of combat foam planes (plans right now) that should fit right in. There are fighters, twins & biplanes. All designed to be rugged, disposable & fast building. www.montanamodelworks.com There is a build section & some movies on the site along with photos of the different designs. Looking forward to having some fun. We're going to have some of them at the Warbird flyin at Yukon (west of OKC) this weekend. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CombatN3med-2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	100757   Click image for larger version

Name:	mosquito4med.jpg
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	100758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Avenger1med.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	100759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig2-med.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	100760  
Old 05-12-2009, 02:36 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Hi Scott, this is the first year I have really tried to get something going on a regular basis. So far we have been flying every other weekend at the Unclub. It has been a slow start but I think the weather has played more of a role in that then anything. The more guys flying combat the more fun it is so grab your planes and come on up .

I went to the Bald Eagle club Saturday to try to recruit some more combat participants. I think there are a few guys going to build a plane and try it...one guy is building your planes, they look good. He has the Mig and the Hellcat, I'm looking forward to seeing them fly.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 AM
scottn3n
montanamodelworks.com

Thanks. I'll get directions when the time comes closer. It sounds like you move around a bit. The 13th weekend sounds promising.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:14 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
June 13th we are all invited to go fly combat at the Bald Eagle field. I think there will be at least a couple of guys down there ready to try it by then. Who all thinks they can make it?
I'm in. I just live about 5 miles away from bald eagle.

Scottn3n: you need to come to the WOOF event May 30th at the Unclub. WOOF, WattFlyers Over Oklahoma Funfly. We usualy get 20 to 30 pilots, 50-75 aircraft all electric.
We Have this funfly 2-3 times a year. The Unclub is located on the back soccer fields at 41st and garnett in Tulsa. We fly every Sat morning from 8 or 9am till whenever. Durring the summer some of us will start at 6am to beat the heat. Hope to see you soon!
Brett
Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 AM
scottn3n
montanamodelworks.com

Thanks, but we're outta town then. June 13th sounds like a good date.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:18 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Saturday MAY 23rd at 9:00am "Start Combat" will be called. We will fly 5 rounds 30 minutes apart with the last round starting at 11:00.
James you can't post bold face lies on the internet, I think it's against the law, kinda like ripping the tags off of your mattress.
Where were you? It was a perfect combat day. No wind, a mowed field, no soccer nerds (ok there were a lot or soccer nerds, but not till after 10am.)
Missed ya!
Don't miss the WOOF event next week.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:58 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by surfer dude View Post

James you can't post bold face lies on the internet, I think it's against the law, kinda like ripping the tags off of your mattress.
Where were you? It was a perfect combat day. No wind, a mowed field, no soccer nerds (ok there were a lot or soccer nerds, but not till after 10am.)
Missed ya!
Don't miss the WOOF event next week.
It killed me to not be at the field today but it was just not meant to be :o. Sorry I couldn't make it guys.

I should have known that after the week we had (particularly the last few days) that there was no way I was going to make it this morning. I should have gave you guys a heads up but in the back of mind I was thinking I would still be able to make it out there .

Woke up late because everyone is worn out from the week, my son (8 months old) has been sick with the coughing crud and today he decided to throw vomiting in the mix .

I was suppose to look at a camper at 8:00 but because we woke up late we didn't make it over until 8:30, it was 9:00 before I was done checking everything out and then I wanted to go to Deans RV to ask some questions. Back over to the guys house to seal the deal and it's already noon.

The winds are suppose to be good all weekend...

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KRVS&state=OK

I'll be out there tomorrow morning if anybody wants to come out. I'll be out there by 9.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:21 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Ok, You were being a good daddy. Your forgiven. Can you fly this morning? I'm free untill 11am.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:50 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

We had some excellent combat at the WOOF event Saturday, hopefully we can have a repeat at the June 13th event at the Bald Eagle field. After that we will take a week off and then get back to every other weekend.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:31 AM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

316 Combat Squad will attend...
Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

How many pilot's are in the 316 Combat Squadron? I'm suppose to try and get a rough estimate of how many guys will be showing up. They are going to have a grill fired up and want to have an idea of how many burgers to buy.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

How many pilot's are in the 316 Combat Squadron? I'm suppose to try and get a rough estimate of how many guys will be showing up. They are going to have a grill fired up and want to have an idea of how many burgers to buy.
I don't know about the 316, but the Surferdude Squadron of one will be there. I have a big pilot, he might eat two. shooting down planes makes him hungry.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:13 AM
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

So far Me, Myself, And I are coming with my squadron of fighters. I'm waiting answers from the other two if they can come on that date.

Quick Reply: E-Combat in Tulsa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12036 seconds with 15 queries