Informal Clubs Club Talk

Tulsa Indoors

Old 02-17-2010, 12:25 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Both days sound good to me, thanks guyz. Now if I can just get by Matt's to pick up some parts for my CX2.

Have I mentioned that I hate working at the lake .
Old 02-20-2010, 07:33 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

scott, I'm not going to make it to the warehouse on Sun. I will be at the Unclub Saturday, if it's not raining. If it is raining, I'll be building planes all day. If I can get the planes by this weekend, I should be able to find time to make it by next Sat.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:52 AM
telemaster63

I too have the Dynex 2.4, flew it most of the morning an will bring it to the warehouse Sunday. It is a real stable plane, so far I`m real pleased with it!!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I won't have the LiddleRod ready for today but I do have my CX2 going again .

Matt's son was kind enough to give the motor/gb out of his crashed Sukhoi since they did not have a P-51 motor/gb for sale. I tried to use it but the motor wires are too short .

I'm going to order the P-51 motor/gb and maybe it will be here in time for next weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0014.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	121182  
Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
I won't have the LiddleRod ready for today but I do have my CX2 going again .

Matt's son was kind enough to give the motor/gb out of his crashed Sukhoi since they did not have a P-51 motor/gb for sale. I tried to use it but the motor wires are too short .

I'm going to order the P-51 motor/gb and maybe it will be here in time for next weekend.
Looks pretty cool James, put a smile on your face it looks like too.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Court461
E-Starter, Trex450, Yak55

Default 4-Site

Anyone that doesn't have one (or if you have one need an extra) need a micro 4-site? Never flown? I keep looking at this thing thinking there is no way it is going to survive me flying it. I don't know that I am much into these little micro planes. Keep thinking I can get one of these

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=2407

for what I have in the 4-site. If you are interested give me a pm. Brand new PNP version with 2 batts and the 4 port charger. I'll sell it cheaper than you can buy it new.

Missed the warehouse this weekend. Hope you guys had a good time.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Court461 View Post
Anyone that doesn't have one (or if you have one need an extra) need a micro 4-site? Never flown? I keep looking at this thing thinking there is no way it is going to survive me flying it. I don't know that I am much into these little micro planes. Keep thinking I can get one of these

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/detail.aspx?ID=2407

for what I have in the 4-site. If you are interested give me a pm. Brand new PNP version with 2 batts and the 4 port charger. I'll sell it cheaper than you can buy it new.

Missed the warehouse this weekend. Hope you guys had a good time.
I'm confussed. You mention the micro 4-site, then you show a link to a 40" edge 540. My best guess is your wanting to sell the micro, to buy the edge. I've seen you fly, you will have no problem flying the micro 4-Site. I say you need both. We have lots of indoor flying fields now, you need a good micro 3d plane. You also need a big electric 3d plane, if for nothing else but to let your buddy Brett fly it now and then. I personally would go with the Precision Aerobatics Extra MX, its a 58" span that only weighs 3.5 Pounds AUW(Thats with a 2250 6S pack). I got to fly this plane in Georgia, it's a feather. It's reinforced with carbon everywhere, very stiff, and strong. I think Kenny bought one. take a look at it next time he's at the field.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Court461
E-Starter, Trex450, Yak55

Originally Posted by surfer dude View Post
I'm confussed. You mention the micro 4-site, then you show a link to a 40" edge 540. My best guess is your wanting to sell the micro, to buy the edge. I've seen you fly, you will have no problem flying the micro 4-Site. I say you need both. We have lots of indoor flying fields now, you need a good micro 3d plane. You also need a big electric 3d plane, if for nothing else but to let your buddy Brett fly it now and then. I personally would go with the Precision Aerobatics Extra MX, its a 58" span that only weighs 3.5 Pounds AUW(Thats with a 2250 6S pack). I got to fly this plane in Georgia, it's a feather. It's reinforced with carbon everywhere, very stiff, and strong. I think Kenny bought one. take a look at it next time he's at the field.
Yeah, I really like the PA Extra, that is a beautiful plane. The reason I was thinking the edge was I could use the same motor/esc/servos and lipos as my AJ slick. I could also use the 3 cells I have for my 450 helis. That way if I destroy one, I have back up gear for the other. With the extra I would have to buy new lipo's, big ones.

I may end up keeping the 4-site, I guess I really should fly it before I sell it, I just keep thinking if I total it the first time I will be mad that I could have had a big plane. I do have some 2mm depron so I guess I could always recycle the gear.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:51 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Court461 View Post
Yeah, I really like the PA Extra, that is a beautiful plane. The reason I was thinking the edge was I could use the same motor/esc/servos and lipos as my AJ slick. I could also use the 3 cells I have for my 450 helis. That way if I destroy one, I have back up gear for the other. With the extra I would have to buy new lipo's, big ones.
The neat thing about the PA Extra, is that they knew that people had a lot of 3 cell 2100-2250 size lipo's. They designed the Extra MX for those cells. You have to use two 3 cell packs, thats the only way they will fit into the plane. Then you use a two way plug (that comes with the plane) to link the two batteries in together, so that you end up with a 6s pack, made up from two 3s packs. It's a well thought out design.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Don't forget, indoor fly at the church, this Saturday from 2-7pm. See you there.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:01 AM
3doverground
3D Crazy

Don't forget, indoor fly at the church, this Saturday from 2-7pm. See you there.
I will be there see you saturday!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:42 AM
ElkySS

I can't make it. My grandma is turning 80 so we are going to spend the afternoon with her. I hope everybody has a great time.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

I'll be there.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:46 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

I decided I would no longer be the club plane mooch. I picked up my own Ember 2 today. Of course you may have other planes I want to fly, so I might fall off the wagon every now and then.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:07 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Default Indoors today!

Indoor fly at the church gym today 2p-7p. Spread the word. Church of Christ at Admiral & Harvard. Parking is behind building. Enter thru the main doors with the covered awning.
Tell your friends. There is no cost to fly, but I will have an envelope to put donations in to help cover the cost of the lights, heat/AC, etc... If you can put a few dollars in great, if not you can put some in next time. This will show a sign of appriciation on our part.
See you sometime after 2p.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:45 AM
3doverground
3D Crazy

Brett Thanks for another opportunity to fly Indoors! Had a great time see all you indoorers at the Rose Bowl next Sunday the 7th.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Here is the contact info for the Crosstown Church of Christ. It would be nice if some of you would drop them an email, call, letter, or text, to let them know how much we appriciate the use of the gym.

Crosstown Church of Christ
3400 E. Admiral Place
Tulsa Ok. 74115

Emai: www.crosstownfamily.org

Youth minister (my friend who got us in) Tom Dahlman (918)814-3845
Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Hey guys, Tom called me, and wants us to fly an indoor demo at the church this Wed. Night at 7:30pm. For the grade school kids. All are welcome to come. I would like to have at least 3 pilots. It will probably be only 30-45 min. Of flying time. If you can help me out, just post back here.
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
miatia54
drill bit

i have a doctors app. at 5:30 for some tests, if i get done i time i would love to come fly(crash) for the kids!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:51 PM
j4ck4
A Real WingNut

I have micro heli now, maybe I can make it won't promise anything though.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
3doverground
3D Crazy

I will be there.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:53 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Sheri has school Wednesday nights...I suppose I could bring the kids with me. I have the LiddleRod ready but I don't know about a maiden with a room full of people.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:27 PM
telemaster63

Brett I can make it.That sounds like fun!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM
surfer dude
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by miatia54 View Post
i have a doctors app. at 5:30 for some tests, if i get done i time i would love to come fly(crash) for the kids!
Originally Posted by j4ck4 View Post
I have micro heli now, maybe I can make it won't promise anything though.
Originally Posted by 3doverground View Post
I will be there.
Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Sheri has school Wednesday nights...I suppose I could bring the kids with me. I have the LiddleRod ready but I don't know about a maiden with a room full of people.
Originally Posted by telemaster63 View Post
Brett I can make it.That sounds like fun!!!!!
Thanks guys. We need to be set up and ready to fly at 7:40, so I'm thinking set up at 7:30. Steve bring your new little 250 size heli, they will think thats cool just hovering, I do.
I Just finished Scott's Dynex 2.4. I'll bring it. Steve that thing is tricky to build. I hope this rc stuff doesn't get any smaller, or my fat fingers won't be able to build it.
See you all tonight.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:20 PM
telemaster63

I`ll bring the 250, CH46(the ligts are cool) CX3(has the light kit also)CX2 maybe. I have them all.Was thinking of bringing the trex 450 pro,the head speed is wild.I have several flights on the SR now and will be fine flying it around, the other day wasn`t enough time to get to know it. The Dynex 2.4 is small, I had to really concentrate to get the electronics in, but it flies really well. See you all tonight!!!!!

Quick Reply: Tulsa Indoors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12328 seconds with 14 queries