Electronic Builders Workshop Discuss how to build motors, ESC's, chargers, mixers, etc here

lost plane finder,very loud!!

Old 12-10-2013, 05:31 PM
edray999
Eric R

Default Turnigy switch

I hunted for the Turnigy switch - Hobby King:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rnigy%20switch

PRODUCT ID: LUM-ONF
Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 PM
c.sitas

well yes maybe. I made mine from an article on flitetest forum. It used radio shack parts.I mentioned before , this thing triggers from a lost signal.So when your watching your pride and soul heading down with no more chance of saving it , just turn off the transmitter. It'll start right away.I didn't use the planes battery because of the high possibility of battery damage.I tried my best to make the unit bullet proof. It could be ejected and it's still gonna beep. I've used it a couple of times. So far it's great.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:10 PM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by c.sitas View Post
well yes maybe. I made mine from an article on flitetest forum. It used radio shack parts.I mentioned before , this thing triggers from a lost signal.So when your watching your pride and soul heading down with no more chance of saving it , just turn off the transmitter. It'll start right away.I didn't use the planes battery because of the high possibility of battery damage.I tried my best to make the unit bullet proof. It could be ejected and it's still gonna beep. I've used it a couple of times. So far it's great.
I wonder if this would work with the microprocessor controlled receivers we use now days with 2.4 Ghz and similar. Turning off the transmitter, the receiver still sends servo signals to the servos. And, the alarm would have nothing to respond to.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 PM
c.sitas

Kyle; I use a Flysky ct6b,a computor radio. The way this works is with a relay that's normally closed. The signal opens the relay and stops the beep.When I turn the trans. off, it loses the signal ,relay closes and here comes the beep.Like I've mentioned before 2to 3hundred feet you hear it.I used one with an up and down wail like an ambulance.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:33 AM
c.sitas

Might be similar to HK unit but,at least 5times loader. only draw back I can see is the extra weight.On the size models I fly ,I don't even know they are aboard.I've made one for each plane I fly. I feel much more confident flying ,knowing I'll at have a good start at recovery of my craft. I still know how to dump one once in a while.