Combat Electric combat discussion in here.

Dallas/Fort Worth Combat Center!

Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 PM
2dogrc
2Dogrc's RC Warehouse

Default Dallas/Fort Worth Combat Center!

Hey guys!

I would like to start a thread where we can post short notice combat events! Like see you wed at some park or field!

We are flying every Sunday am at www.hawkfield.org. It is in mansfield, whic may be far for some Dallas boys! We are flying profile WWII planes on brushed motors. Outlaw class is anything you want. Visitors are welcome, and I usually bring a few spares if you just want to try it out!

Any questions pm or email me!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Joe Ortiz
Aurora. Colorado

I would love to attend, but the drive is a little too far

Joe
Old 08-17-2005, 06:07 PM
irone

Mark...... You might point out that combat at Hawk Field is Sunday mornings starting at about 9:30 to 10:00 then fly till you die.

We love the smell of lipos in the mornings!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:36 AM
A10FLYR

It's a little far for me now also but just wait till I retire to Prosper!!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:29 AM
2dogrc
2Dogrc's RC Warehouse

Got a few guys coming down from Dallas this weekend. Anybody else wanna come? We need some fresh meat!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:36 AM
irone

Mark, What happened to the Dallas guys with faster planes than we have? What a crock! They must have got skeeered or can't fly in 20mph wind. Let em know that we flew a bunch of sorties and that they could have come out to be spectaters.

I will post some pictures of some of the cuts and maybe the video soon.

TopGun Combat Planes
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...serid=brodiejf
Old 09-27-2005, 01:50 AM
2dogrc
2Dogrc's RC Warehouse

Default BAm!

Nice Collision video! Real short!
http://www.2dogrc.com/mypics/the%20hit!.wmv
Old 09-27-2005, 03:08 AM
John Seidelman

Originally Posted by 2dogrc
Nice Collision video! Real short!
http://www.2dogrc.com/mypics/the%20hit!.wmv
Great little Vid. The guy with the camera sure had his hands full.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:30 AM
2dogrc
2Dogrc's RC Warehouse

It is had to figure what to focus on! We try to fly close together to help make good videos! I still have more video to edit..but had to get this one up quick!

No worries, both planes recovered and doing fine.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Epowerreg
Real Flying

Default site

Theres an abandoned rc field but its being leased by a utility company.

Last edited by Epowerreg; 01-22-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:23 AM
irone

Where is this field located. I'm not aware of any abandoned rc fields around Arlington, Texas. Are you in Virginia? Or Arlington Austria? I am almost positive the Arlington cemetary is still in use it just looks abandoned.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Epowerreg
Real Flying

Default site now open

A E combat/parkflyer site is now open in Pantego TX just SE of Veterans park about 2 miles. Its across from a fire station. Its a big rectangular field and has no poles or trees at all and is city aproved they will even will give the directions/address on the phone if you ask where electric planes fly at.

Last edited by Epowerreg; 01-22-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: recent news
Old 08-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Epowerreg
Real Flying

Default so?

Do you guys want a electric only flying site in DFW?

Last edited by Epowerreg; 01-22-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: forgot email
Old 03-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Epowerreg
Real Flying

Default Arlington Site

The city planners sent me an email and have put the flying site idea on thier list. They have agreed to make or find an electric flying site in the city of Arlington. Will it be on an abandoned site? dont know yet. Combat will be from 9-12 noon -12 noon to 4:30pm glider flying- 2:30 pm on more combat or whatever. You can also fly combat anytime just letting you know what will be in the air we dont really care if you fly with the gliders it wont bother us.

Keith
Old 03-02-2007, 11:28 PM
rockin' roller

That's great. What we all need is more places to fly and combat.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 AM
irone

Epowerreg,
The field in Pantego is about a mile from my home. I have flown there many many times. We had our first combat meet there about three years ago. The problem we encountered there was that two junior high football teams showed up 30 minutes ahead of us and we had to sit through 2 games before we could fly. A total bummer for me as I had made reservations for the park ahead of time with the city office. We were by far outnumbered and protesting would have turned into a disaster.

For that reason alone is why we have been flying at AMA sanctioned fields. No muss no fuss, and no Football or Socker.

The Pantego park is used by Boyscout troops, Baseball coaches, Football squads, joggers and dog walkers. I have been there many times not being able to fly due to things going down. That is the problem with a spot like that. All electric is good multiuse is bad because you can't plan anything.

Planning is important cause
---------------------------------------
I love the smell of lipos in the mornings !
Old 03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
blueapplepaste

I'm up in the Lewisville area; Mansfield is a little far for me, but I may have to come check it out one weekend...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Epowerreg
Real Flying

Default Thanks

You verified my jogger fear and so on. If the city offers 2 choices or anything other than the RC only site I will turn it down and go for the site that has no joggers around the outskirts. I asked them about the RC only site today its not a park. I can see even if they offered a park setting and promised it was exclusive that it may not stay exclusive. For the time being I fly at Veterans park monday thru friday only at noon theres no one around then. The combat times I mentioned were for the new rc only site im trying to get.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:31 AM
irone

Don't worry about flying time for combat. A sorte only takes 5 minutes. There very well could be 6 or 8 planes in that 5 minute sorte. After that we charge batteries and fly other stuff.
I would love to see a field happen in Arlington. The city of Lancaster is planning an electric only field, complete with a paved runway and shelter/pit area. We sorta have an insider there who is pushing the agenda. He tells us that it will happen sometime over the next five years. He explained that they work on a five year plan and once it makes the list, which it did, it will happen. We'll see!
Old 03-08-2007, 04:23 PM
rockin' roller

Blueapplepaste, we fly combat at other locations as well. This Saturday morning will be combat at the DEAF monthly fly-in at Eastfield College in Dallas. We will start friday night dogfights at the Richardson/Renner-rennegade field soon, and have pickup matches all weekend there as people show up with planes.

I also know of a few combat guys up your way. Maybee we can get somethng set up in your neck of the woods.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:41 PM
blueapplepaste

Originally Posted by rockin' roller View Post
Blueapplepaste, we fly combat at other locations as well. This Saturday morning will be combat at the DEAF monthly fly-in at Eastfield College in Dallas. We will start friday night dogfights at the Richardson/Renner-rennegade field soon, and have pickup matches all weekend there as people show up with planes.

I also know of a few combat guys up your way. Maybee we can get somethng set up in your neck of the woods.
Yeah, if there was someing going on up in Lewisville/Colony/Carrolloton/Frisco/etc etc that would be awesome! I've never actually done combat before but it's always looked like such a blast! I figure I could get some cheap-o foam plane and throw in some extra electronics I have lying around and be all set.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:03 AM
txcombatguy

We are flying a breed of electric WW2 fighters we call 3696 around the North Texas area. We have contests at the Richardson RC Club field (near Lucas) and North Dallas RC Club field (near Aubrey off 380). Info on the planes are in http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17867

We will being having 3696 at Richardson on May 19th after flying glow combat, and at North Dallas on June 16th

Richardson map - http://rrcc.org/images/map.JPG
North Dallas map - http://ndrcc.com/asp/modules/userpag....asp?subid=145

Please come out and watch or participate.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
offroadn_redneck

I dont know much about this field. But its in Mesquite, TX right outside of Dallas. I lived there for a long time and saw people flying planes there. (This is before I got my own plane ) But it looks abandoned now. The runway is still there though.

Directions: Its on E US-80 W right before Belt Line Rd. You will see a big clearing with a runway in it.

Its called Metro East Radio Control Club (MERCC)
Old 05-16-2007, 01:15 AM
txcombatguy

The field succumbed to soccer moms a couple of years ago when they built new fields that were too close for safety.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Epowerreg
Real Flying

Default New Arliington Feild

The city called me there will be a short meeting this coming Tuesday they are going to make an E field for us possible. I am going with one other person. This field might be close to I-30 in Arlington. Im glad I can meet with them in person after waiting for quite a while. Im sure of anyone else wants to come that would be great.
Keith 817-584-3793 Arlington

Quick Reply: Dallas/Fort Worth Combat Center!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12067 seconds with 9 queries