Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Sr Telemaster E-Conversion

Old 02-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Saddlebum
The Old Guy Returneth...

Originally Posted by Jlbrad1 View Post
I am in the middle of adding struts on my ST also and you you got me jazzed about your design. I like the aluminum and carbon rod combination and would like to know where you got the foil shaped spar. Great design on the connectors too!

let me know....
Jlbrad
I bought the struts at my local Hobby Store. They are the 1/2" choice and cost about $6.00 for three feet. THey had a label on them but I can't remember what it said, possibly K&S, or something like that.

The combination of that strut, that diameter of Carbon fiber tube and that diameter dowel produced a nice "firm fit" that had to be tapped into place in the strut. Once everything was lined up, I shot thin CA all the way down the strut, now it is one solid piece. Very strong.

...The Bum
Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 AM
siwind

Originally Posted by Saddlebum View Post
I bought the struts at my local Hobby Store. They are the 1/2" choice and cost about $6.00 for three feet. THey had a label on them but I can't remember what it said, possibly K&S, or something like that.

The combination of that strut, that diameter of Carbon fiber tube and that diameter dowel produced a nice "firm fit" that had to be tapped into place in the strut. Once everything was lined up, I shot thin CA all the way down the strut, now it is one solid piece. Very strong.

...The Bum
K&S Streamline Aluminum Tube 1/2x35"
Old 04-20-2011, 02:00 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by siwind View Post
K&S Streamline Aluminum Tube 1/2x35"
If you ever need an odd shape of aluminum, steel, brass or what ever, this place has it all:

http://www.speedymetals.com/

http://www.speedymetals.com/pc-4551-...-aluminum.aspx

Plus it also describes those aluminum numbers such as 6061, 7075 and so on.

Several years ago I bought two pieces of steel rectangular tubing from there, 6 by 8 inches by 24 inches long, with a 3/8 wall. That was for a milling machine project.