General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Super Cub LP upgrade advise

Old 09-30-2010, 05:23 AM
CanadianCub
New Cub

Question Super Cub LP upgrade advise

Hi guys,

This might have been discussed a gazillion times but I cant seem to get a firm grasp of the concept behind (I'm more of a visual learner kinda person )

Anyhow, my plan is to prep my SC for 4-channel flight, which among the many Spektrum DX6's are best tx/rx and which servos for elevators, rudder, throttle and eventually flaperons?

Also, the next project is to upgrade the motor to brushless. I'm leaning towards Turnigy or Eflite brands or any brand that would not render my SC in dead on the ground. I bought several 3s 11.1V 1300 Li-Po packs that I want to continue using. Having said that, what would be the best matching brushless motor/ESC with my existing Li-Pos? I am not after speed, just longer flight times per pack is what I'm looking for. For prop size, preferably remains at stock (9x5).

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

CC

EDIT: forgot to add motor mount?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 AM
camazar

Default Super Cub Aluminium Motor Mount

Hey if your still looking for a upgrade motor mount Try customrcparts.com Great part takes the Guess work out of the upgrade with no shimming & has the Torque angle built right in & it's Cheap $20us + Shipping... With this Mount you can Mount The Eflite 480 1020kv & one(1) other witch name escapes me.? Kit also comes with all the Mounting Hardware as well, adds lots of Power to the way under power Super Cub well with the Right ESC & Battery Combo... Go Big or Go Home.

Good luck with your Build