Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

super cub LP issues

Old 12-25-2009, 08:25 PM
whatupnicole

Default super cub LP issues

Hello,
I bought my fiance his first r/c plane for x-mas, and he put it together... while putting it together he was also charging the battery..
After everything was done and the plane was together he went to test the tail of the plane before flight and nothing moves... the transmitter had new batteries in it, he plugged in the blue cord into the plane... left the white cable out like he read too... and nothing works...
After nothing happened... he did plug in the white cable, and the propeller did turn on... I know it said to not plug in the white cable... so this the plane totally toast now that the white cable was plugged into the plane?

Thanks, Nicole
Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Unplug the white one NOW! Don't plug that one in!
Here is a link to the service bulletin. Hope this helps!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HBZ7300
Old 12-25-2009, 08:46 PM
birdDog
Charging....

One thing that could possibly render the plane "not controlable" is having the ACT (always crash technology) turned on. Most people here believe (i am also one) that this sytem causes more harm than good. I , for one, have never flown with the ACT turned on and had great results.
BTW, He is one lucky guy! Alot of women cringe at the thought of hubby going flying all the time.

Best of Luck! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:50 PM
whatupnicole

we have since took it out... right when we read to never plug the white cable in, just hopefully we didn't totally mess up the plane... but it didn't work when just the blue cable was in... so he thought he forgot to plug in the white cable...

he has wanted an r/c airplane for a very very long time so i thought i'd make him happy, he is extremely happy with his gift... just it would be great if we can get it to work lol...
i will try to see if ACT is on and try again
Old 12-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Hey,
I hope this works out well for you because the Super Cub is an excellent novice plane. Very forgiving. It will be a joy when this problem is worked out.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:07 PM
birdDog
Charging....

If you do need to replace the ESC here is a place with great prices (of course you could try warranty first). Just make sure to get the one for the same channel. You should be able to find the channel # on the back of the transmitter as well as on the box.

http://myatomic.com/catalog/search?q=esc+sc+lp&within=

Did the plane happen to be upside-down from installing the battery when it was unresponsive? If that is the case, more than likely the ACT.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Insomniac

If all else fails you can try calling their tech support, I've usually heard good things about them. Why they would make their X-Port connecter the same as the balance plug however, defies reason...
Old 10-09-2010, 01:13 AM
camazar

Horizon Hobbies Tech suport & warranty is so good most likely they will send you a new RX-ESC for replacement free 1 time only, There great to deal with.!

Good luck