Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

United Hobbies

Old 05-12-2007, 03:30 PM
aquaskiman
aquaskiman

Unhappy United Hobbies

.??
I ordered 2 batteries and a speed controller 4/4/2007 all was in stock, I still havenít received it. I try to track it and all I can get to come up is that it was shipped from Hong Kong5/1/2007
George
Old 05-12-2007, 03:55 PM
max-nix
max-nix

Thumbs down Overdue, in a Rabbit Stew?

Hi aquaskiman
I would start with your local P.O., give them your tracking number & explain that the package is overdue. I have had to prod them more than once.

Happy Landings
max-nix
Old 05-12-2007, 09:42 PM
USAPatriot
Yeehadi

I placed a small order with them as a test on May 7th, a TowerPro 2410-09 outrunner for under 7 bucks and 5 prop savers at .50 ea. Yesterday (11th) the status finally upgraded to "posted" but there's no tracking number so I assume they haven't actually shipped it yet.

One thing I'm bothered by is the live scrolling warehouse status that shows customer names and order numbers. I don't see the logic in publishing customer's names on the net. -Rod-
Old 05-12-2007, 10:36 PM
reg3

Originally Posted by USAPatriot View Post
Yesterday (11th) the status finally upgraded to "posted" but there's no tracking number so I assume they haven't actually shipped it yet.
If you used the $3 shipping option there will not be a tracking number. Posted means it has been shipped, based on my experience.

Ed
Old 05-12-2007, 11:16 PM
USAPatriot
Yeehadi

Yeah, I went with the $3.00 option. I would think that it should get here by Friday but we'll see. Shipping electronics into the US can't be all that easy these days. -Rod-
Old 05-12-2007, 11:34 PM
reg3

My small orders usually take about 6 days to get to Alabama.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:58 PM
USAPatriot
Yeehadi

That'll work for me, I think! -Rod-
Old 05-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

I've ordered from United a few times and it took about 7 to 10 days to get to me but they alway did.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:11 AM
F2A2FAN

The stuff I order usually takes 2 or so weeks to get to me in FL.(reg. air mail) For the prices I don't mind the wait. I order quite abit from them and have been very pleased with their service. Once I was missing a part, e-mailed them about it and they sent it out right away.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:49 AM
yorcram

I placed an order for 2 batteries and some misc stuff. All did show as in-stock with UH. The 'tracking' shows it was shipped May 1. It arrived May 14. Not the quickest but all arrived in good order. I'll order from them again.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
aquaskiman
aquaskiman

Thanks for all your replies, I finely receiver the order today 27 days after it was ordered. George
Old 05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
USAPatriot
Yeehadi

My 2410-09 motor and 5 prop savers arrived on Thursday, all in good shape. I noticed on the Customs declaration they put the package down as a "gift". Interesting. -Rod-
Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
ronchudy
ron

ive bought from them 3 times . all went well but do not order any back ordered parts . it will slow your order down by weeks till the back ordered aprt arrives at uh.. cant beat the prices anywhere in the world .
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
pburt1975
Hotel California

I just placed my second order with them, this one took 5 days to show as posted and I got an email also stating the my order has left the warehouse. Shippings a little steep, but to get 2 motor/esc/prop combos, 6 servos and a 2's lipo for 78 shipped, not a bad deal. I can afford to wait some
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
flashburn

Up to my third order All around $90.00 each including postage. Motors Esc's and LiPo's plus hardware. I usually make up a list of items, order everything then look @ total weight and shipping cost. I aim for the 500 to 750 gram weight range. Shipping time is 10 days from order showing posted. I do live really close to the international sorting station so once my stuff shows in Canada it is @ my door the following day.
Cannot buy locally for less than twice the landed cost,
I think the LHS buys bulk hardware from them as the servo ext and small electric control horns etc. they are selling repackaged with the store name are exactly the same as items I have from UH. I find shipping cost is lower from HK than what I am charged to get items up from America. Plus package has a tracking number and is delivered direct to my door.
My last order from the US was charged $14.00 for under 400g. Package had a $2.00 stamp on it!!!! no insurance, no tracking number, no bubble wrap to protect contents. Took 3 weeks via surface post.

Last edited by flashburn; 11-14-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
guest001
On Hiatus

Originally Posted by aquaskiman View Post
Thanks for all your replies, I finely receiver the order today 27 days after it was ordered. George
It appears "they" are trying very hard to improve delivery and customer service: there is a "new" forum and my dealings with Samee and Maggie in "customer support" have been very, very satisfactory.

Imagine trying to run a business that deals with so many languages and customs-it's a miracle, really.

Some guy gave me good advice that I'll pass along: keep the e mail very, simple, identify the transaction, tell them what you want, and be nice (the Chinese expect and appreciate "nice").
Old 11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
buzzbomber
Matt Smith

I've only ordered from them once, and it didn't go too well. It was resolved in the end, but not until I made my frustration public on another forum. My order was held on backorder, even though the items were in-stock at order time. Then, my order was 'lost in the system'--their words. When I asked what happened to my order I was sent a receiver instead of my motor, which was incidentally worth quite a bit less than what I ordered, not that it matters. When I contacted them, I was told to ship the item back and they would send the correct item. Yeah, right--shipping was more than the value of the item, especially since it was a receiver on a frequency illegal for me to use......anyway, Anthony came through when I respectfully pitched my story and sent me the right item, told me to keep the receiver.

A bit frustrating, but I may try them again in the future...
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 PM
guest001
On Hiatus

Originally Posted by buzzbomber View Post
I've only ordered from them once, and it didn't go too well. It was resolved in the end, but not until I made my frustration public on another forum. My order was held on backorder, even though the items were in-stock at order time. Then, my order was 'lost in the system'--their words. When I asked what happened to my order I was sent a receiver instead of my motor, which was incidentally worth quite a bit less than what I ordered, not that it matters. When I contacted them, I was told to ship the item back and they would send the correct item. Yeah, right--shipping was more than the value of the item, especially since it was a receiver on a frequency illegal for me to use......anyway, Anthony came through when I respectfully pitched my story and sent me the right item, told me to keep the receiver.

A bit frustrating, but I may try them again in the future...
Matt, I'm not tooting their horn: it can be frustrating.

How long ago did this occur?

It seems the last few months have brought some real responsive changes.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Moving thread to "Company Discussions".
Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 AM
batman

I've had over a dozen orders from them and will have many more. Certainly their system has improved since the early days and ordering anything on backorder is to be avoided. Over all, I am very happy with UH or Hobby City as it is now called.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:59 AM
sgf323

I ordered 2 packages of Deans connectors from them. They came but it took so long by the time it came I completely lost track of when I actually ordered it.

I'll buy elsewhere from now on unless it's something that I don't need for a long time.