Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Phase 3 ef-16 questions

Old 03-07-2009, 03:44 AM
iflyrc1012
Insane Wiggy pilot

of course with the v-fins the plane will groove better in the turns. additional rudder area. keep the back of the jet in the groove, not slide thru turns
Old 03-08-2009, 05:53 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I have been using the new AR500 with good success it has two receivers in it. All three of the AR6100s I used all had a range at my field of less than 600 feet. The 6100 has only one receiver as well. So I only use them in small foamies.

Don
Hey Don thnx for the info I decided to fly with an AR500. So far 3x successful flights! I want to build another someday with one of your wicked motor setups & some other mods. So far this is a fun one!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:24 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

I am thinking to either get this plane, or the mini ultra stick. I like this jet and it will be my first fast plane and edf but the only problem is that I do not have extra motors and electronics since I usually have a sweet spot of just dealing with planes like the taylor craft 480, and mini ultra stick, and t-28 so I will have extra motors and stuff lying around should anything be broken.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 PM
MThemadhatter

Hi guys. I have changed to a hobbywing 40A opto esc after the stock one over heated and cost me the first air frame !!

I was wondering what timing to use with the stock motor as it sounds a little ruff at full throttle, at the moment I have not changed it from default.

Also looking at your specs I am a little surprised by my watt readings. I am using a LoongMax 30/40C lipo and am getting 330W out of mine on a ground test !!

Here it the first one flying around on the stock ESC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhwUiY1j-Ls