How Do I Mount My Outrunner Motor ? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

How Do I Mount My Outrunner Motor ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2009, 07:24 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Neogenesis View Post
There is one option I haven't seen here yet. How to mount a 50-65 270kv outrunner to a profile. Specifically I'm working on converting a OMP 67" Fusion. I've had to cut the old hardwood glow rails out to make room for the outrunner, and at this point am thinking of basically fitting a firewall in to mount the motor to. Using some triangle stock to reinforce and some angle aluminum to make sure it doesn't go anywhere. Anyone one else ever converted a profile?

Thanks,

Scott
Maybe this might help, epoxy the sides to the foam, with some spacers in the foam to prevent crushing of the foam, and bolt it on, use epoxy to glue the 1/4" plywood together, hope that helps, Take care, Chellie

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	motor mount.jpg
Views:	3920
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	101520  

Quick Reply: How Do I Mount My Outrunner Motor ?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.20654 seconds with 34 queries