Servo jitters when almost full travel help - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo jitters when almost full travel help

Old 07-10-2017, 10:02 PM
darticus

Default Servo jitters when almost full travel help

The servo starts jittering when the lever is almost all the way up and when its all the way up? It also is causing the other servo to jitter when this one is up.. Is there a method to test why? This is a crystal radio and my other crystal radios are doing fine when this happens to this one. This is a sail boat out of water and no tension on the servos. Thanks Ron
Old 07-10-2017, 11:48 PM
pmullen503
Super Contributor

Try the TX and rx with different, known good servos. Then swap out each servo in the boat one at a time to verify that it is a bad servo. It's likely a dirty pot on the bad servo. If it's a winch servo the drain could be high enough to affect the voltage and make the other jitter.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:11 AM
darticus

Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
Try the TX and rx with different, known good servos. Then swap out each servo in the boat one at a time to verify that it is a bad servo. It's likely a dirty pot on the bad servo. If it's a winch servo the drain could be high enough to affect the voltage and make the other jitter.
I took the crystal out of the radio and the receiver and put it back in. Now it is working without disturbance. I really don't think its a dirty crystal sockets as they look fine. It could be something in the area like a CB or Ham Radio. I did this 2 hours after the problem and didn't test before I did the crystal removal. If it happens again maybe I'll switch the two crystal numbers. Thanks Ron