Wattflyer Fleece Vest from Georgia Stitching -- Beware of size!!!!! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Wattflyer Fleece Vest from Georgia Stitching -- Beware of size!!!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Garret H
Fear the duck.

Default Wattflyer Fleece Vest from Georgia Stitching -- Beware of size!!!!!

Hello:

Back in April (I am just getting around to posting my complaint!), I ordered a "Wattflyer-branded" fleece vest from Georgia Stitching through the company's website. Now please understand, I currently have a men's medium Columbia brand-name jacket, so naturally I ordered a medium. Taking into consideration that the website stated that sizes run "generously," I figured that the vest would be fine. Well, GENEROUS MUST OBVIOUSLY REFER TO LENGTH, BECAUSE THIS VEST WAS UNBELIEVABLY LONG -- (Please see photos). Naturally, I contacted Georgia Stitching -- the gentleman told me that because it was a "special order item," he could not refund me any money; I would completely understand this if the error was my fault, but this item was defective!!!! I even sent him the measurements that I have listed below, but he would not consider any reimbursement except for half-off a junior-size vest, BUT I had to completely pay for the first one! A junior size would perhaps have worked as far as length, but would have most likely been WAY too tight around my chest!

Here are the measurements for an average Columbia Men's Medium and Large Fleece Jacket:

Medium -
Chest: 46"
Length: 26"

Large -
Chest: 48"

Length: 27"

BUT, THE GEORGIA STITCHING MEDIUM VEST:

Chest: 44"
Length: 30"

So, my point for this post is this : when ordering a Wattflyer vest from Georgia Stitching, please be aware that these jackets are extremely long. Unless you are atleast 6'4", this may not work for you!

Please see attached photos -- the first is of me wearing my BROTHER'S MEN'S LARGE Columbia jacket. The second is of me in the Wattflyer vest. My brother, who is 6'3" in height couldn't even wear the Wattflyer vest comfortably!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5530[1].jpg
Views:	131
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	72226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5525[1].jpg
Views:	135
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	72227  

Last edited by Garret H; 07-11-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:21 AM
admin
Administrator

If you are not happy with the jacket and nobody you know wants it we can work something out for you to your satisfaction here. Just PM me and we'll figure out how to resolve for you. Sorry about any confusion with sizing. Sizing done without trying stuff on is always hard. One thing you can do is send a piece directly to Georgia Stitching that you bought and know fits and they can embroider in the WF logo for you. The only hitch is that you pay a touch more to ship out the piece to GS.

marc
Old 07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Garret H
Fear the duck.

Just to let everyone know, Wattflyer has resolved the issue by giving me a refund on the vest through Georgia Stitching...thanks for the help and for standing behind your "logowear," Admin and Wattflyer!

Garret H
Old 07-18-2008, 03:52 AM
admin
Administrator

Closing thread at request of thread originator now.

marc