Free Items For WattFlyer Members - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Free Items For WattFlyer Members

Old 07-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Default Free Items For WattFlyer Members

Thanks to Mike's (Anger-Hi) great idea, WF now has a way for you to donate your unwanted RC goodies to someone here on WF who might need them instead of throwing them away. We know not everyone can afford all they want to buy in this hobby so Mike P has created a special forum fur us to donate unwanted items to anyone that needs them.

If you have an item you'd like to give away, simply post it in this forum. No "I Want or Need" posts are allowed. If you post them, they will be deleted. Shipping costs will be left up to the parties involved.

Here is the link to the forum.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=212

Have fun and thanks for helping to keep others flying.

Frank
Old 07-05-2008, 04:38 PM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Kewel. Recycling takes to the air!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

It is cool! Looks we have a couple more things added already!

Awesome!

Frank
Old 07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
TylerJCooper

As one of the members that was on the recieveing end of these donations, I can say that it is a huge blessing! I am so thankful for everyone that helped me get a bird, spare parts, tools, etc. I have a plane and a stocked hobby room because of your generousity.

Thanks Again!:o
Old 07-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by TylerJCooper View Post
As one of the members that was on the recieveing end of these donations, I can say that it is a huge blessing! I am so thankful for everyone that helped me get a bird, spare parts, tools, etc. I have a plane and a stocked hobby room because of your generousity.

Thanks Again!:o
And that's what it is all about. Glad to see you are back in the game.

I have some more free stuff I'll be putting on there when I get the chance.

Frank
Old 07-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Pudknocker71
Breaking wind.

I'm going to have to give this some thought. I have a couple of radios. One 4ch and one 6ch. No use for them. Both are obviously basic TXs I've grown out of. Actually one never used. Anyway..shipping is a real pain. I don't want any money for them and I don't want to arrange some shipment. Don't even know if anyone would want them. Wonder if I can arrange a way for the LHS to started a Free program. Do you think an LHS would want anything to do with such a program? I get it might inhibit sales in some way but if it'll get someone into the hobby on a budget do you think the LHS might go for it? IF the LHS said we'll give you this RX with the purchase of a Slow Stick I would be happy. What do you think?
Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I say put them on here and if someone wants them, they will gladly pay parcel post for them. Won't cost them no more than $8 to ship.

Frank
Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Your hobby shop may help you with that...but be careful, as they may make a sale like that to someone, and then that someone would tell a friend. That friend could come to expect the same thing. Good luck though friend...sounds like a decent idea.

Mike
Old 07-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Pudknocker71
Breaking wind.

Truth be told I go to Graves. They collect junk and try to sell it. Somebody wants to get rid of their stuff they put it up for sale their or sell it directly to Graves. A lot of old radios for $40-80 and up. A lot of them are old analog radios. They would be better of cutting their loss and giving some of those old antiques away. (if they haven't). Hundred maybe several hundred planes hanging from the ceiling. Some with large price tags. Some covered in thick dust. Really quite a spectacle for all to see. I think they have been cleaning lately for more wall space. Lots of parts, tools n'stuff. You should see one of the forward rooms. Trash only. Paper everywhere. Walk on paper. Roles of used register paper. It's always a mess in that one room and behind the check out desk. I think the manager is slowly cleaning things up. I think it's the same guy that owns Millennium RC too. Nice guy. I won't comment on the owner of Graves. From what I hear about him I just steer clear. If I go through with it I'll talk to the manager.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:27 PM
flypaper 2
Super Contributor

Our club has been helping a club in Cuba, that has no hobby shops, with donations. Used radios, motors, covering material, etc. Bunch of happy campers down there now
Old 07-08-2008, 02:42 AM
offtom
Megans Servant

Originally Posted by Pudknocker71 View Post
I'm going to have to give this some thought. I have a couple of radios. One 4ch and one 6ch. No use for them. Both are obviously basic TXs I've grown out of. Actually one never used. Anyway..shipping is a real pain. I don't want any money for them and I don't want to arrange some shipment. Don't even know if anyone would want them. Wonder if I can arrange a way for the LHS to started a Free program. Do you think an LHS would want anything to do with such a program? I get it might inhibit sales in some way but if it'll get someone into the hobby on a budget do you think the LHS might go for it? IF the LHS said we'll give you this RX with the purchase of a Slow Stick I would be happy. What do you think?

You serious about donating one of those ?

Have a neighbor kid saw us out flying the other day was asking lots of questions about the planes. Wanted to know how much to get started. Told him I'd take him out and buddy box my Magpie with him if the wind ever dies down. Also have an old SlowStik downstairs with everything but a radio I was going to give the guy. If you're serious about parting with one of them let me know. Youngster is very interested, and comes from a family of 6 kids with another on the way, so he's scratching to save some money to get into the hobby. I'd be more than happy to pay the shipping to help the kid out.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Sure feels good to help out other piltos in need.

Hoping to see the Free Forum get lots of use.

Frank
Old 07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Hehe mike has already hooked me up lol E-flite Park 480, 40amp esc, geared 480brushed motor... lots a stuff, along with chellie, ray, ribcracker and many more...

thank you all!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I need to dig through the rest of my electric stuff. I'm sure I have some things I can add to the forum.

Frank
Old 08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

It could also be very helpful to post htings they might need. I know I have a lot of stuff laying around but am too lazy to go and list it all. If I saw somebody asking specifically for something they need that I have it would make it easier for me.:o
Old 08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

That would be cool, but I thought there weren't any "I want" posts allowed.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Base don the rules no it's not allowed, It does seem like it would make it easier though.

Just my thoughts on it though.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
Base don the rules no it's not allowed, It does seem like it would make it easier though.

Just my thoughts on it though.
I agree. But the staff may feel there would be too many people hunting for free stuff, that it may take away from those who actually need it and are tight of funds.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:55 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I do believe you have the right train of thought there. We'd be overwhelmed with "requests"
Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Bill, I know this seems out of the blue...but one day I hope I have the privilage of meeting you one day...maybe at SEFF. You are definitely good people.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:11 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Thank ya Mike. I really appreciate that!

I'd like to have the pleasure of flying with you too bud. SEFF is a good opportunity for sure. Will you be out of country next year?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thank ya Mike. I really appreciate that!

I'd like to have the pleasure of flying with you too bud. SEFF is a good opportunity for sure. Will you be out of country next year?
I'm afraid so friend. But hey, there's always 2010 right?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:29 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
I'm afraid so friend. But hey, there's always 2010 right?

Bummer, Yes indeed though, 2010 for sure then.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Bummer, Yes indeed though, 2010 for sure then.
Hopefully I'll be stationed in Ft Stewart, Ga. by then!! We've been wanting that duty station for a while now. I'm putting in for it about one month before we redeploy from Iraq.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Well I hope you get it, Close to home to eh?! I'll put it on my prayer list for you to get it.

Quick Reply: Free Items For WattFlyer Members

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13446 seconds with 8 queries