Hobby Lobby - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Hobby Lobby

Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 AM
firefly_too

Angry Hobby Lobby

Ordered 4 pilot bust from hobby lobby early december. however, till today still have not receive anything yet. wrote to them about it and they said to wait 1 another week before they will file for it and send out a replacement. well 1 week was over and wrote to them but no news yet. by the way, my credit card was already charged way before anything and now i feel so cheated.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

You might try calling them directly to get this taken care of. I love dealing with Hobby Lobby and have ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from them without ever having a problem.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Yep call them they are top notch and will resolve it.

Mike
Old 01-11-2006, 06:49 PM
mmmdowning

Yep, gotta call, they are good people to work with. I've spent allot there and always good service. Was there a tracking #? I think standard post office wait time is 30 days before a claim can be filed. Or canceal the order and do a charge back.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

I agree with everyone else. Hobby-Lobby has rock solid cutomer support. Call them. They will make everything right.

Steve
Old 01-11-2006, 11:27 PM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

I think I may be in the same boat. The pair of Blue Arrow receivers I ordered in Dec. finally came in last week and were shipped out last Thusday afternoon. Called today and they verified that yes they indeed were shipped out on the afternoon of 1/5 via. USPS.

Shouldn't take a week to get something in the mail from Tenn to MI.

Got my new catalogue Monday though.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Greg Covey

I love it when the vendor gets blamed for shipping problems...especially around the holiday season.

Oh yeah, and then post it on a public forum.

By the way, your credit card gets charged upon shipment of the order, not delivery by the shipper.

Try blaming UPS, USPS, Airborn Express, Fed. Ex, DHL...
Old 01-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

Greg,
Is it not the vendors responsibility until the product arrives? That has always been my take. The vendors that I deal with (including HL) has always made it good if something doesnt arrive.

-Mike
Old 01-12-2006, 12:40 AM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Originally Posted by Greg Covey View Post
I love it when the vendor gets blamed for shipping problems...especially around the holiday season.
Can't blame the holiday season, mailed out my mom's present a week before Christmas and she got it in two days, MI to FL.

I was told by HL that because of Homeland Security a lot of shipments are delayed because they're shipped off someplace to be inspected.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:06 AM
Twmaster

I'm with Greg here. Gotta love it when folks blame the vendor when a shipper loses something.

Also, just an FYI, many vendors responsibility ends when the package leaves their dock. If the terms of a sale read "FOB our facility" or such then the responsibility lies with either you or the shipper.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:29 AM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

I'm not specifically blaming HL but I have to wonder since they transposed the exp. date on my CC which delayed my order a day, called Ted Hinson and got that straightened out, now I'm thinking maybe they messed up my address too.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:33 AM
reills
Crash Site Instigator

I love Mr. Covey's attitude. Makes me want to go out and buy more FMA merchandise...NOT
Old 01-12-2006, 04:42 AM
firefly_too

well for those who got great service from HL good for you. as for those who thinks that they shouldnt be blamed well jsut too bad. wait till your orders never arrive and let me know and see if you'll get upset too. the only way i can get this out is only to contact HL but no reply(so what do you say on that). i know they are not totally to blame but who do i turn to, call up the USPS and get redirected etc.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:43 AM
firefly_too

Originally Posted by Greg Covey View Post

Oh yeah, and then post it on a public forum.

By the way, your credit card gets charged upon shipment of the order, not delivery by the shipper.

Try blaming UPS, USPS, Airborn Express, Fed. Ex, DHL...

what is a public forum for then if i cant post it here? think about it.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:07 AM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

Some folks carry on like Vendors are supposed to be perfect every time. That they should never, for any reason, screw up an order. It took me a month to get an ESC from CoolRunning. In the past the service was impeccable. However, on this order, they slipped. I contacted them and we thought we had everything worked out. Still no ESC.

Finally, they called me and told me they found the prob. They again shipped me an ESC and only charged me half price. Hobbly-Lobby ships thousands of items per month. These things will happen. I know it can be frustrating, but try to be patient and work with them.

Steve
Old 01-12-2006, 06:55 AM
firefly_too

Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Some folks carry on like Vendors are supposed to be perfect every time. That they should never, for any reason, screw up an order. It took me a month to get an ESC from CoolRunning. In the past the service was impeccable. However, on this order, they slipped. I contacted them and we thought we had everything worked out. Still no ESC.

Finally, they called me and told me they found the prob. They again shipped me an ESC and only charged me half price. Hobbly-Lobby ships thousands of items per month. These things will happen. I know it can be frustrating, but try to be patient and work with them.

Steve
i did not say they have to be perfect. did you read the part where i said "no reply from them". it alright to screw up an order occasionally, but at least have the courtesy to inform or reply back. thats basic.

the pilot busts were ordered on same day. 2 was backordered. so end up being 2 shipment for the 4 pilot bust in 2 different timing. however till today nothing showed up. email was sent to check on the 1st set of shipment but was told to wait longer. I agree and waited as i understand there are hiccups sometime.

however till today, neither did the 1st package nor the 2nd package arrived yet. so sent email to enquire and i repeat "ENQUIRE" not yelling at them. NO REPLY WHATSEVER FROM HL. well what do you say i do then. just laugh it off and say well 2 two package must have decided to take a break somewhere so just forget about it.

if the vendor provides great service - we bring it up here to show appreciation.

if the vendor provides lousy service - we bring it up here to let others know so they can be cautious about it

so please get your facts right before even talking about it.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Firefly,
I can understand why you are up set. I also would be, it fact I'm going thru something similar right now with another vendor. I placed a order with a vendor over the net on their web site on New Years day. I have not received my order yet, and have called them the last two days in a row to see what the status is. They have not answered their phone. My CC was charged on the 3rd. This vendor is only a 100 miles away from me so I should have received the order by now. On the same day I placed that order, I ordered from Dimension Engineering in Ohio and received it last Saturday. Also on the same day I ordered from Hobby Lobby and received that order last Monday.

Large company's like Hobby Lobby probably get hundreds, if not thousands of e-mails a day. I'm sure many get over looked or deleted by accident. They would have to have a full time employee just for taking care of e-mail responses. As already suggested in other posts, you would be much better off by calling them directly and dealing on a one to one basis with someone who could give you personal help to get your problem taken care of.

I feel it IS the vendors problem when our items we order don't show up. Its not my responsibility if the P.O., UPS, DHL, or whoever else the vendor chooses to send my items to me thru looses them. I'm paying the vendor not only for the goods, but also for the shipping of the items to me. Its the vendors responsibility to make sure the items I paid them for get to me in good shape. If not, I expect a new item to be shipped or a refund of my money. If a vendor can not do this, they don't get a second chance from me. There are to many other vendors out there that are more then willing to earn my business.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

Easy there tiger. Did you call them?
And well said Rugar

Steve
Old 01-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Dick
Dick

All my orders from Hobby Lobby have always been very well packed with no shipping damage, can we say that about all of the vendors? Just after New Years I ordered an item and had it shipped 1st Class Mail. It took two weeks! The cancelation stamp verified it was shipped in a timely manner, the P.O. was the culpert. Hardly can blame HL for that. In my dealings with them I have always been well treated, It is nice to see so many others come to their support. Gud Flying..............Dick
Old 01-12-2006, 08:35 AM
firefly_too

Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Easy there tiger. Did you call them?
And well said Rugar

Steve

cool.

i am just pissed enough with my order and dont need others to rub more to it.

like rugar, i totally agree with his points. will try to call them and see if they will sought it out for me.

my intention is to share my frustrations in the 1st place and hopefully be able to get some good pointers on how to deal with this situations. well will just have to ignore those salt rubbers.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Hi Dick,
Welcome to WattFlyer!

Originally Posted by Dick View Post
Just after New Years I ordered an item and had it shipped 1st Class Mail. It took two weeks! The cancelation stamp verified it was shipped in a timely manner, the P.O. was the culpert.
I'm a little confused about one thing in your post. You said you placed your order just after New Years and it took two weeks to get to you. But this year isn't two weeks old yet .
Old 01-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

Originally Posted by Rugar View Post
Hi Dick,
Welcome to WattFlyer!

I'm a little confused about one thing in your post. You said you placed your order just after New Years and it took two weeks to get to you. But this year isn't two weeks old yet .
Thats kinda funny.

To call people that disagree with you "salt rubbers", is salty in and of itself. People support what they believe in. When you voice your opinion in a public place, you very well better be prepared to have people disagree with you. And from what I have read, people have been trying to help you. I hope for the best for your situation.

Steve
Old 01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Dick
Dick

I stand corrected on the the date, it was ordered just after Christmas, and it did take two weeks to arrive. My point was that many times it is not the vendor at fault for delays. Thank you for pointing out my error. I sure didn't mean to mislead anyone. Gud Flying...............Dick
Old 01-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Dick View Post
I stand corrected on the the date, it was ordered just after Christmas, and it did take two weeks to arrive. My point was that many times it is not the vendor at fault for delays. Thank you for pointing out my error. I sure didn't mean to mislead anyone. Gud Flying...............Dick
Hello Dick,
You are a perfect example of what most of us have been saying. It isn't always the Vendor. I do however feel the vendor should take it upon themselves to correct the problem. It's just good business. I also understand Firefly's irritation with the vendor. It's natural to get upset when we are looking forward to something, and don't receive it in a timely fashion.

Most times though, a phone call, and a little patience will be rewarded with good customer service, and a resolution to said problem. I truely feel Hobby-Lobby does their darndest to please their cutomers. My only gripe with them is their sales! There is only dust in my wallet!

Steve
Old 01-12-2006, 09:28 PM
eflight-ray

Slightly OT, there was a story I sort of remember were someone was annoyed that letters to a friend in the next town were taking 5 days to be delivered, yet a letter to a friend the other side of the country would get delivered and he would get a reply in just two days.
So he tried writing to someone the other side of the world. He got a reply next morning.
Just for fun he wrote to the Chief Post Officer, The Moon. Within the hour of posting it, a reply dropped through his letter box.
He thought, this is crazy, (and typical of the postal service), so he started writing to the Chief Postal Officer Andromeda Galaxy.
As he wrote, the reply appeared at the bottom of his letter.

Anyone know of a LMS in the Andromeda Galaxy?

Quick Reply: Hobby Lobby

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15080 seconds with 12 queries