Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here! - Page 91 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Lancifer

ok i couldnt get it off the ground and im wondering any recommendations for a RTF plane...like a parkzone cub or something like that??? I just met someone here that flys and states that he can help me out since i dont know much. Anyways let me know. THanks
Old 05-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Ralph Wiggum

Hi All,
Am an aussie, just getting into the whole sport first plane was a phoenix classic with 46ax OS motor but bought a foamy off ebay and won a Sunny Craft Knife Loop Yak 3D at a recent comp, so yeh g'day and look forward to becoming a bit of a regular.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Lancifer View Post
ok i couldnt get it off the ground and im wondering any recommendations for a RTF plane...like a parkzone cub or something like that??? I just met someone here that flys and states that he can help me out since i dont know much. Anyways let me know. THanks
Super cubs are well loved around here!! ask away my bub and welcome to the best mess of loopie nuttie flyers IN THE WORLD!!your bub, steve
Old 05-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
Hi All,
Am an aussie, just getting into the whole sport first plane was a phoenix classic with 46ax OS motor but bought a foamy off ebay and won a Sunny Craft Knife Loop Yak 3D at a recent comp, so yeh g'day and look forward to becoming a bit of a regular.
Ralph:: Welcome!! sounds like your gonna fit right in!! bub, steve
Old 05-28-2008, 04:31 PM
worldraft

Hi Ralph Wiggum I am from Canada and I'm glad to have you with us. One day I will go your way but with price of fuel I'm not sure when. lol but we can chat with no cost so again welcome
Old 05-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Zaphoi

Hello everyone. Ive been reading this site for a while and figured it was time I actually registered. So here I am
Old 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM
TheEpoxyFlyer
Pretty Fly 4 a white guy

Default Ralph Wiggum

Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
Hi All,
Hello Ralph! Welcome to WF. Your name is very popular here in the USA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	67406  
Old 05-29-2008, 01:03 AM
jRatz

Hi, ... 1st post here ...

I used to fly FF & CL, mostly scale, 40-odd years ago, and got back into hobby a year ago, but focused on RC and electric.

My current plane is the E-flite Ultrastick 25e -- a really great trainer and performer. I'm using the Futuba 2.4mHz 6-channel system. Unfortunately "something happened" and version #1 buried much of it's nose in a hill in the land-fill next to our club site. Version #2 has yet to fly this year due to time conflicts and weather -- maybe tomorrow.

My next plane will be the Hobby Lobby Tiger Moth, when it gets here !!! They have advised me late June. I have all the other stuff, but haven't done the soldering yet.

I also have the "Plane After Next" - in a box. It's the old Top Flite 1/6 S.E.5a which I will convert to electric. I haven't even started the project, and probably won't until Fall, but I am beginning to look for others who might have done the same or general information that will help me design the conversion.

Anyway, glad I found y'all,

John
Old 05-29-2008, 01:22 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Hey John, Welcome to Wattflyer! Sounds like you can bring a lot of experience to the table. Glad to have you aboard.

If you get up Hampton Roads way give me a shout and we'll go fly a bird or two.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Ralph Wiggum

Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
annettewahp

Default HEllo

The site gives a very interesting idea.It's also help people and gives people to give their comment too.That's nice.Keep up the good work..

Old 05-31-2008, 09:02 PM
arvin

have been flying full scale for years and now with fuel prices over the top need a new way to get high and RC flying has done it for me. This is the way to do retirement! Since I am a newbie in the field electric seemed to be the way to get started. Now have several planes flying or in some state of repair.
looking forward to learning more and thanks for the forum as a resource.
Still plan to fly full scale some of the time and the rest of the time will be on the ground dreaming I am up there with a transmitter and my face looking up.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Hello Arvin and welcome to WattFlyer.

I too used to fly full scale, in fact I am a CFI, but can't afford that fun anymore. So RC has to meet the need.

Carry on with your flying and keep us posted.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome folks we appreciate you becoming Wattheads!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:55 PM
lol-pete

Default From Land O Lakes, FL

Fairly new to e-flight
periodically need advice
Interesting how these motors (outrunners) don't seem to have a consistent standard or maybe I'm just too dense.
'Gonna purchase a wattmeter so I can figure out what my batteries, BEC's and outrunners are doing with various props.
Been a wet flyer for years - now is the challenge to get into the 'e' world.
LOL-Pete
Old 06-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Hey Pete, welcome to WattFlyer. You will find that using electrons to push those planes through the air is great.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 AM
branded7k
Wyatt Earp

Default Just Checkin' In

Well, it's been around a month since I've hopped the fence into E-Flyer territory! I started out with a couple of Slow Sticks and have made a few changes on them. Mainly, landing gear, wheels and ailerons. If anyone's interested I'll post some pics. The modifications add some weight, but actually give the model a nice sink rate. Good practice for anyone wanting to move up to bigger models!

I've always loved flying wings, and recently discovered the Mugi EVO. I have some 2mm Coroplast coming and intend to build a few. I haven't settled on a motor, but probably will go with something in the 2000-3000KW range. I'll definitely post some pics when I get my first one stuck together!

This is a great forum and I appreciate all the good info members have contributed.

Branded7K
Old 06-03-2008, 01:22 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

welcome Branded
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Dan Cahill

You lost me. Who is "Branded"( apart from some 4 A.M. rerun from maybe 1960?) With
no prison record yet I can only imagine you have me in somebody else's clown suit. Don't tell me who, though. If other people's toes are anything like mine, I don't want to step on any. Was that guy supposed to be a deserter? I don't remember. Keep 'em flyin'.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Lancifer

Originally Posted by dan Cahill View Post
you Lost Me. Who Is "branded"( Apart From Some 4 A.m. Rerun From Maybe 1960?) With
No Prison Record Yet I Can Only Imagine You Have Me In Somebody Else's Clown Suit. Don't Tell Me Who, Though. If Other People's Toes Are Anything Like Mine, I Don't Want To Step On Any. Was That Guy Supposed To Be A Deserter? I Don't Remember. Keep 'em Flyin'.
What ???
Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Dan Cahill View Post
You lost me. Who is "Branded"( apart from some 4 A.M. rerun from maybe 1960?) With
no prison record yet I can only imagine you have me in somebody else's clown suit. Don't tell me who, though. If other people's toes are anything like mine, I don't want to step on any. Was that guy supposed to be a deserter? I don't remember. Keep 'em flyin'.
Post 2267 - Guy's name is Branded7K -

Great TV show by the way. Loved it!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Lancifer

Ok so i went out for the first flight..its been raining for the last week so finally a nice sunny day. I had my friend hand launch it and it was going good and then BAM out of the air it went and smashed into the ground. Broke the wing off the bottom of the plane, crushed in the front nose part, landing wheel broke and of course save the best for last... the body actually split in half ..not length wise either. The back end part just behind the cockpit is about to totally snap off since it has a hugh crack in it. Oh well ill wait to get my parkzone slo-v flyer and cub. i shouldnt have started with an aerobatic plane. How can i post the video on here of my first flight??
Old 06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
thepitts12
Fly DW foamies!

hi i just wanted to say hello, wattflyer seems like a great site, and it is electric only
Old 06-10-2008, 07:22 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Hey Pitts Welcome to Wattflyer! Glad to have you aboard
Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
TylerJCooper

Default Great Place Indeed

I have been a Wattflyer for a few weeks and I have to agree that this has been a great place. I have found it an extremely good resource for my growing interest, increasing troubleshooting needs, and have also found a few friends in my area to fly with.

Great Place Indeed!

Quick Reply: Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10285 seconds with 12 queries