Parkzone Spitfire Li-Po Compatability help please. - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Parkzone Spitfire Li-Po Compatability help please.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 PM
joeted

Default Parkzone Spitfire Li-Po Compatability help please.

Hello everyone
I own a parkzone spitfire which is brilliant but im after getting the 3 cell li po battery for it as it says in the manual and on the online stores that its 3 cell li po compatible (11.1 v 2100 mah). Only problem is I dont really know what one to get for this plane so I was hoping you boys could help me out please ? Ive heard its good have a li po balancer too but again I dont know whats what.Ive seen this battery and balancing charger on the parkzone website http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...e/e3accfs.html
which would be ideal but I cant find it anywhere in the UK.Thats why I was wondering if you could tell me what ones I can get from a UK site ? Also I have a question about the connectors,On all the li po batteries and chargers ive seen it doesnt look like they have tamiya connectors on them but obviously the reciever inside the plane does have a tamiya connection for the batteries so how does this work out ?
Would be really greatful for your help.links to batteries and charger/balancers are very welcome
Thanks again
Joe
Old 08-14-2007, 01:48 AM
marchino61

Default Connecting LiPo

My Spitfire came with an adapter cable for the Parkzone Li-Po, but I prefer to remove the Tamiya connector and replace it with a Deans plug and socket for a more secure connection - but you need to be able to solder to take this option.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:56 PM
joeted

Thanks for your reply mate. ive got a load of deans plugs which im gonna use ,Im just after the right li po batteries and charger/balancer if anyone can help please.
Thanks again
joe
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Reformed Nitroaddict

I am a big fan of commonsense lipo packs, and use many of them. They are a bit cheaper than TP. I used a hobbico mkII charger for a while, and although it took 2hrs to charge a 2100mah pack, it worked well for the price. I recently bought the electrafly 4 charger and it is amazing. Charges four packs at a time and in only an hour.

I would recommend it if it fits your budget. Also, check out www.cheapbatterypacks.com as they have some great prices!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

I also use the electrify 4 charger...like it alot....I use an Astro blinky balancer....I only have Thunder Power batteries (haven't tried any others yet), Pricey but they never let me down....
Old 08-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Reformed Nitroaddict

I guess I should have mentioned - I use the electrafly balancer too. It mates perfectly to my couple of electrafly packs and the commonsense packs too.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 PM
joeted

ok thanks alot mate , will these work with a UK plane ? i guess their all the same right ?? i'll see if I can get the electrify li po , balancer and charger from a UK site .
Thanks again
Joe