hz super cub problems - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

hz super cub problems

Old 07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
pilgrim pete

Default hz super cub problems

please help , i broke the throttle lever on my tx (plane also crashed but did not appear to be too bad damage) couldnt repair tx so purchased a new hz tx same freq etc..... problems .... engine will only go to 50% then cuts out though controls still work and cub batt is fully charged.... also i was using commander 11 batteries as backups with no problems but now when i use them control surfaces are opposite to what they should be and engine is dead ....thanks for reading any help would be great........pete ball ..plymouth uk
Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 PM
brnyrbbl
Powered by Visa

Sounds like the ESC portion of the receiver could be damaged. Check for loose wire connections to the motor and that the capacitors and leads are firmly soldered.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:39 AM
marchino61

Originally Posted by pilgrim pete View Post
please help , i broke the throttle lever on my tx (plane also crashed but did not appear to be too bad damage) couldnt repair tx so purchased a new hz tx same freq etc..... problems .... engine will only go to 50% then cuts out though controls still work and cub batt is fully charged.... also i was using commander 11 batteries as backups with no problems but now when i use them control surfaces are opposite to what they should be and engine is dead ....thanks for reading any help would be great........pete ball ..plymouth uk
You say the throttle lever broke and you crashed (presumably as a result). So did you crash with the throttle open? If so, then you certainly could have burnt out the ESC if the throttle was open and the prop could not turn. I did this, but in my case it was obvious as the RX/ESC was smoking and I opened the case to see the burnt out component.

I am a bit confused about the control surfaces moving in opposite directions with a different battery though!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:50 AM
Astra
Menber

Do you know if Hobbyzone and Parkzone use the same components? I have the transmitter, reciever/esc, servos from a Parkzone P51 on 27.145. A couple bucks for shipping and they could be yours. If you can use the parts email me at [email protected]
Astra
Old 07-31-2007, 03:47 AM
brnyrbbl
Powered by Visa

The P-51 and Super Cub use the same equipment.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:36 PM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Originally Posted by pilgrim pete View Post
Assuming you did purchased the same channel frequency Hobby Zone Transmitter then, you need to check and see if there's any trim settings you can adjust for throttle. Also, check and see if there's any dip switches inside the radio for reversing the servos so, you can make the control surfaces rotate the correct manner.

I suspect that you have a damaged Receiver/ESC/ACT module as a result of the crash.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
davemac2

sounds like maybe your lipo jumper on the receiver may have popped off and is causing the rx to shut down prematurely for your NiMh batteries.

this thread below will give you a pic of what i'm talking about:

http://supercubclub.proboards78.com/...ead=1177554453

cheers,

dave mc
Old 07-31-2007, 11:41 PM
pilgrim pete

Default super cub fixed

thanks to all for your help, it turned out to be the lvc jumper missing put one of the plugs on and spliced some wire to it and motor works at all throttle settings and with all batteries special thanks to davemac2 for the links to the pics best wishes to all.... pete ball plymouth england
Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 PM
mossman

both my supercubs same problem only goes to 50% throttle and cuts out. I have solution wired up both so they can fly but only on full throttlei call it improvising