Electronic Air to Air combat! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Combat Electric combat discussion in here.

Electronic Air to Air combat!

Old 10-15-2005, 05:37 AM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Cool Electronic Air to Air combat!

How about real air to air combat, dogfight style with guns? Sound like fun?
Hobbyzone produces a plane called the Fighterbird, Firebird Commander and the
two Aerobirds actually do this. They have a special port, called the Xport,
where you can attach options. One of them is the sonic combat module.

Now, someone has figured out how to connect the sonic module to any RC plane
with a standard receiver.
This link takes you to a site that shows you how to build an adapter. Sounds
like a great idea
http://www.rc-cam.com/combat.htm

Here is another site called AIRWARS that has a similar concept, but this looks
much more sophisticated with battle recorders and marked weapons so you can
see who hit who and replay the battle with up to 30 planes.
http://www.rcmodels.org/csm/Airwars.htm

The following is a quote from the Airwars site:

"The CSM AIRWARS system is a revolutionary new way to enhance the enjoyment of
RC models by creating totally new ways to compete with your friends. Although
primarily designed for aerial combat use in EPP foam slope soarers, with its
high degree of programmability it can be applied in many ways to all types of
R/C models."

I haven't tied any of these, but they look pretty cool Has anyone done this
air to air stuff?
Old 10-23-2005, 01:05 AM
2dogrc
2Dogrc's RC Warehouse

That looks pretty neat. i think I will stick with ribbons, I like the added eye candy.

If that other system would use real lasers! That would be cool!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:45 PM
jutty

Grest Link!!! I was looking for a way to convert that system about 7 mo ago. A little in depth but if some one really wanted to do it. I have since moved to full contact. Parts are cheap:-)
Old 01-10-2006, 10:40 PM
gwalch

We played with AirWars for quite a while.. and it works really well.
Depending on how silly you are feeling.. you can program the unit to do all sorts of things when you get a kill.
Eg.. move the servos a certain direction.. or just flash the LED for the number of kills against you.
Moving servos can be an issue if you are down low.. so we just stuck with the flashing LED.
You can also have continuous firing or else fire when you pull the trigger (eg flick the undercarriage switch on transmitter)

AirWars is great if you have nice scale like models and want to have a combat with a Spitfire and Me109 and don't want to physically hit each other.
There is still the element of risk as you have to line up your kill.. as there is only a certain kill zone on the receiver.
All in all.. jolly good fun.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:34 PM
HermitRiver
"I fly, therefore I am"

Originally Posted by 2dogrc View Post

If that other system would use real lasers! That would be cool!

I can just hear it now. "you fiend! foul foul! you cut off my thumbs how can I fly!" Hermit
Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM
meegosh
Pilot in training

I was inquiring about this quite some time ago. From what Debhicks was saying, AirWars seems pretty neat. It seems a little expensive but think of it this way, if you were doing full combat, that would be the cost of a new wing and covering.

Deb has them on her store now for a good price too, $40 I think. I would suggest looking into it. I might get a set later once I have some more buddies to fly with.

Right now I have my friends hooked on Aero Aces, so once they out grow those, I imagine they will want more speed and power.... Don't we all?
Old 04-04-2006, 11:39 PM
gwalch

I've now tried both systems mentioned in the first post... and I reckon AirWars is still the best.
We've put AirWars on foamies (wings and planes) and on the bigger glider models.
The wings have been equipped with brushless motors and it's a nice change from the bashing combat (which is still mighty fun).
With the wings we can utilise the various AirWars functions available when you get a hit. Eg You get shot down and you program the servos to do various things. Which on a foamie is a lot more fun because of their survivability.

My $0.02 worth!!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:53 AM
EvanM07

to heck with the fake crap... load a little modified .22 on your plane and shoot the hell out of you're friends plane. I tried it and it worked pretty well..... it was with some U.S. Navy test center. Pretty neat fun!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:05 AM
spitace
Sailor 4 Life

Puting any type of gun or weopon on your plane is just downright stupid, how old are you? 5? Grow up.
Cant you just be satisfied with shooting sonic beams or dropping water bombs, less chance of goin to jail anyways.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:18 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Originally Posted by spitace View Post
Puting any type of gun or weopon on your plane is just downright stupid, how old are you? 5? Grow up.
Cant you just be satisfied with shooting sonic beams or dropping water bombs, less chance of goin to jail anyways.
he is just another dumb fokker trying to get some attention and ruin the hobby for the rest of us
Old 01-29-2007, 02:23 AM
spitace
Sailor 4 Life

Eaven if it wasent illeagle, how would that be at all fun, and you would have to land every two shots or so to rearm.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:07 PM
EvanM07

guys it was a fricken joke.... calm the heck down... you guys need to develop a freaking sense of humor... you swear like i was serious about adding damn gun to a toy plane... i can understand the little navy plane i got to testfly though. And no I'm not 5 I'm 26.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:50 PM
spitace
Sailor 4 Life

Its "frikin jokes" like that that are gonna get this hobby banned, its actualty illeagle to even be talking about that.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:01 AM
EvanM07

actually no.... its not illegal to be talking about it. I would know since I am a police officer. Please don't try and tell me whats legal and whats not. Maybe where you live (America or not) it could be illegal but not here in Southern california were I live.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:35 AM
spitace
Sailor 4 Life

Jeez i never thought id see a copper talking about sticking a rifle on top of a plane.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Doc Holliday

Originally Posted by EvanM07 View Post
actually no.... its not illegal to be talking about it. I would know since I am a police officer. Please don't try and tell me whats legal and whats not. Maybe where you live (America or not) it could be illegal but not here in Southern california were I live.
LOL, dude you should have known some people don't have a sense of humor. Lots of Douches in RC. Ever thought about taking the guts out of one of the electric automatic soft-air pistols and sticking that on a plane. It would be alot of fun and much safer, rounds only go about 175 fps and are plastic, just have to wear safety goggles. It would be just like paintball with planes. Ok flame suit on now.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
tallflyer
Robert V

On a serious note If you are looking for a build thread to help people with the basics of a foam combat kit I made a page to help!

http://sandiego.rchomepage.com/2dog
Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 AM
EvanM07

yes that sounds like it would work Doc. Thanx. And like I said spitace... It was a J-O-K-E (just incase you needed it spelled out for ya ;-P )

Oh and on the note of posting links... here is a pretty cool one from a guy i know http://tedlarson.com/airplanes/index.htm
Old 01-31-2007, 08:46 AM
spitace
Sailor 4 Life

Lots of Douches in RC
Hey watch who your calling a douch.
yes evan i understand the meaning of a joke, its just that one wasent very funny.
Now i am exiting from this thread before it escalates into outrite war.
cya
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Doc Holliday

Originally Posted by spitace View Post
Hey watch who your calling a douch.
yes evan i understand the meaning of a joke, its just that one wasent very funny.
Now i am exiting from this thread before it escalates into outrite war.
cya

If the shoe fits.......
Old 01-31-2007, 02:04 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Gentlemen,

This is a friendly place for friendly people. If you are going to throw insults around, some moderator will hush you both.

Please, let's get past this issue and back to the fun and fellowship of flying model airplanes.

A bit of posting advice, it is almost impossible to tell that a post is in jest unless you say so. The post about the 22s did not appear to be a joke to me, nor did the follow-up posts.

I hope this is just a matter of not knowing how to use a forum effecively. If it is a joke, say so.

Ed Anderson
Old 03-11-2007, 02:30 PM
cannon
a being of destruction

Default ok

ok
jokes a joke gotcha, back to business. I think its fun to put a weapon onto a flying vechile, it is especially fun to shoot other planes or people (thats if you dont like them). so strap an AK47 to you're flyers people and lets go shooting!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Balil
foam murderer :D

i personally know a guy that took two co2 powered automatic pellet guns and mounted just the barrel and the firing mechanism on the bottom wing of a pitts bipe. he ONLY flew it at airshows and such but not for the purpose of air to air combat. it would be too much of a liability to have a bird that actually fired any form of a projectile
Old 03-11-2007, 03:15 PM
cannon
a being of destruction

Default interesting!!!

its a good idea but I can trump this,
I know a 20 year old who took a giant scale spitfire and fitted it with 2 large bb rifles connected to a medium powered co2 cylinder and promptly used it to shoot my sisters boyfriend

although he has got rid of this plane I hold it to a testament to how a simple hobby can be turned to honest (legal) fun. aint that right spitace
Old 03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
cannon
a being of destruction

Default look at this

I was doing a peacful scroll through the web when I found this
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...6rlz%3D1I7GGLR

if you open this link and see the full sized photo then you will agree with me when I say that, everyone is making combat vechiles. as you can see even the military are starting on this. I love this hobby

Quick Reply: Electronic Air to Air combat!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15208 seconds with 9 queries