Who's got Flying Weather? - Page 267 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Who's got Flying Weather?

Old 02-14-2016, 02:28 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Same cold up here not a day to be outside for long -10 with a wind chill of -32! Mon. is suppose to be 28 deg. gonna feel like a heat wave.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:07 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Looking at 70's, clear sky and light winds...

Should be great flying weather.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:33 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
Looking at 70's, clear sky and light winds...

Should be great flying weather.
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Whatever.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Too windy today but i did get in a couple of flights with the Pitts Bipe yesterday and it was calm here. Now they are predicting strong winds so i will probably loose power again. Too bad they didn't bury the power lines like they did the telephone line. Maybe in an other 10 or 20 yrs. eh? Of course i may not be around that long anyway.

Crash
Old 02-19-2016, 01:28 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Crashalott View Post
Too windy today but i did get in a couple of flights with the Pitts Bipe yesterday and it was calm here. Now they are predicting strong winds so i will probably loose power again. Too bad they didn't bury the power lines like they did the telephone line. Maybe in an other 10 or 20 yrs. eh? Of course i may not be around that long anyway.

Crash
Our biggest problem with overhead lines ... was ICE. In the winter they got so heavy that it was common for Power-Outs ...

Now with better materials since Latvia left Soviet ... they have the insulated lines they can bury.

I found out in UK back in early day's that it was common to use uninsulated power cables because of the construction and temperature coefficients of the two materials .. wire and insulation. Once the guy explained .. it made sense.

Anyway .. weather here is damp misty rubbish !!

Nigel
Old 02-19-2016, 10:47 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Well i haven't lost my power yet but i had one tree come down on my garage so now i am going to have chainsawing to do. I am getting too old for this . Whats with these adds in everyone of my posts?
Crash
Old 02-20-2016, 08:16 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Well i haven't lost my power yet but i had one tree come down on my garage so now i am going to have chainsawing to do. I am getting too old for this . Whats with these adds in everyone of my posts?
Crash
I'm quietly 'removing' odd trees claiming strong winds / weather .... I have so many on my estate ground - stops me flying !
I have wood burning heating system in the house - so the evidence gets 'lost' ...

Woke up this morning to snow and still falling. So no flying today. Back to my big Lancaster !

Nigel
Old 02-20-2016, 08:46 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Crash
Crash, I don't see any adds in your posts or anyone elses.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:53 AM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

You either see ads all over the place... or not at all.

Depends if your pop-up blocker works.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:33 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

A bit windy and the field was a muddy mess, but an average day at the field is infinitely better than a day not at the field!
Old 02-20-2016, 11:58 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Well i just seen an add in Sweeds post.
Maybe its my computer. I have Malwarebytes but im getting adds in some of the posts on wattflyer.

Crash
Old 02-21-2016, 12:06 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Crash you had Hillary Clinton in your post. Now that I posted I get the next ad . I do hate the ads started seeing them 3 days ago.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:31 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by gramps2361 View Post
Crash you had Hillary Clinton in your post. Now that I posted I get the next ad . I do hate the ads started seeing them 3 days ago.
Yeah, i guess this must be the new policy eh?
Crash
Old 02-21-2016, 05:55 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Now that I have installed a serious Ad blocker ... I now have trouble with managing attachments.

When I go to upload - I get a box saying I am not Logged IN ... I have to log in 2 or 3 times for EACH attachment I want to upload.

Its driving me nuts !!

Nigel
Old 02-21-2016, 10:28 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

We had low clouds, fog and light rain today... flew anyway because we had our annual "Taco Soup Fly In"

We have a few TRUE all weather fliers here... I've had to land at one event due to icing on my wings.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:46 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

got 4 flights in on the tarot 650 sport quad saturday with winds around 15+ to 20mph. couldn't fly anything else as the wind was pushing the 250quads around.

dumb thumbed the last landing while fpving on the sport and broke the electric retracts...so saturday was a $60. day. still an incredibly stationary gps hold and smooth attitude flights even in the high wind.

almost stayed home today,but took 4 batteries with the 250 quads to the field around 2:30 and a buddy and i took turns flying fpv and spotting for the one flying. no crashes and fairly good distance for the camera setups on these lil quads. all in all,a really great weekend flying
Old 02-21-2016, 10:49 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

Good to see your progress tobydogs. Sounds like you are having fun.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:25 PM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Gonna make a go at it. 3 hrs till sun down, blue sky's and little to no wind. About 50f.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Got in one flight this morning.
Wind 4mph
Temp in the 30's
Not too bad, the yard is all ice so the landing was ok.
Sun is coming up now, might go back out for another one.
Crash
Old 02-28-2016, 09:36 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

wow!!! it sure was windy here in new jersey. flew the 250's and sport 650 quads in 15 to 25 mph winds. all went great. last weekend i dumb thumbed the 650 sport and broke the electric retracts. Gothelierc shipped them and i installed the yesterday. she flew like a champ and my buds are complimenting the gps hold she has in the wind. flew 7 flights all together 4 on 250's,and 3 on the 650. the last flight was all fpv and the camera was so clear that i could see how much of a struggle it was to fly into the wind returning to the LZ.

now i have to storage charge batts as i won't be able to fly for a few weeks.sure has been a great winter for flying.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:28 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

What a great day today, didn't get any flying in but I did get by the model field for a bit, no one was out though.

I got the VW out and shook the cobwebs out of it though. Spent the better part of the day cruising the mountains in it. What a blast!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bug.jpg (86.1 KB, 240 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
What a great day today, didn't get any flying in but I did get by the model field for a bit, no one was out though.

I got the VW out and shook the cobwebs out of it though. Spent the better part of the day cruising the mountains in it. What a blast!
Heya Bill, that reminds me of the days when i used to work on VW's and build
trail buggies out of some of them. We rode them all over the forest up here back then. Don't see too many VW Beetles any more now.
Crash
Old 02-29-2016, 03:25 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Heya Bill, that reminds me of the days when i used to work on VW's and build
trail buggies out of some of them. We rode them all over the forest up here back then. Don't see too many VW Beetles any more now.
Crash
I've got this one and a 71 Karmann Ghia. I have never been one to mutilate a VW. I love em the way they are. The Bug has been lowered but nothing was done that can't be unbolted and put back to original.

With that said my Ghia has been heavily modified with a Porsche 901 5 speed gearbox, lowered on all 4 corners with a narrowed beam up front and all Porsche gear in the back to accommodate wide wheels and disc brakes on all 4 corners.

It is kind of in storage mode now til I can build a motor and get her painted. My next big project when funds come available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ghia.jpg (135.1 KB, 231 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 03:38 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Lol Nice cones Bill. Keep her pretty!
Old 02-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Crashalott
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
I've got this one and a 71 Karmann Ghia. I have never been one to mutilate a VW. I love em the way they are. The Bug has been lowered but nothing was done that can't be unbolted and put back to original.

With that said my Ghia has been heavily modified with a Porsche 901 5 speed gearbox, lowered on all 4 corners with a narrowed beam up front and all Porsche gear in the back to accommodate wide wheels and disc brakes on all 4 corners.

It is kind of in storage mode now til I can build a motor and get her painted. My next big project when funds come available.
Yeah, the ones i done had already been mutilated so i just made something of them that was enjoyable.
Crash

Quick Reply: Who's got Flying Weather?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17859 seconds with 15 queries