Post where you live (to meet and fly with people) - Page 15 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Post where you live (to meet and fly with people)

Old 07-09-2006, 04:15 PM
xray328
Tear it up n' get a bunch

I'm in Shorewood, IL. About 35 miles SW of Chicago. I usually go the field in Naperville but I've also been to the field in Wayne, its just a little bit further of a drive. I usually fly my SPAD's there. For those unfamiliar go to spadtothebone.com for free plans. Talk about no fear flying! I gotta put together an electric SPAD someday just for fun. For those of you in the Chicago area we fly our electrics at the golf dome in Bensonville all winter. That thing is 300x300' ! Very nice.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Super Contributor

Xray328,

I'm in Sugar grove IL. Right up north of you on RT47. I fly with the Aurora Barnstormers About 2 miles East of RT47 on the Sugar Grove/Aurora boarder. I have never been to Wayne but I have heard there was a field there. Fox Valley Aero Club is also just a few miles north of me. They are having events there [Fox Valley] this month. Cool stuff. I'm going to the Jet rally. Here's a link to there current events information.

http://www.foxvalleyaero.com/for_mem...and_events.htm

CTD
Old 07-10-2006, 12:00 AM
E-FLYERDUDE
Heli Freak

Bayard, Nebraska. If anybody is in the area give me an e-mail [email protected]
Old 07-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Old Man

Soon to be Dripping Springs Texas.

I will be looking for some new flying buddies in two weeks.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:22 PM
arck

I'm in Lima Peru South America, my field is 30 km south from the city center, we have a large grass runway and wide a area to fly, all facilities for our members and visitors, CAMU (Campo de Aeromodelismo Mar U)its an aircraft modeling club. We typically fly on weekends and holidays. Welcome to our field, if you have any questions please PM or visit the website http://www.camu.com.pe or my personal web to see more RC in Peru and other countries http://www.rcperu.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of campocamu.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	13894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of DSC00339.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	13895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of DSC00346.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	13896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of DSC01286.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	13897  
Old 07-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Deereret

Originally Posted by airmail wf View Post
I always thought there was only one person in Iowa.:p
Nope I am in Cedar Falls Iowa. Fly with several other guys from the middle school parking lot.
Gene
Old 07-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Tmichel

Thumbs up buzz

Brisbane Australia

Where its fine all year round and all we have to do is make sure not to scare the kangaroos.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:09 PM
booger

bartlesville,oklahoma
Old 07-11-2006, 01:49 PM
airmail wf
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Tmichel View Post
Brisbane Australia

Where its fine all year round and all we have to do is make sure not to scare the kangaroos.
OK I'll bite. What happens if you scare the kangaroos.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Joe Ford
Castle Creations Tech

Olathe, Kansas (after noticing the sheer # of people from IL, I WAS from Schaumburg before taking this job...flew at Shoe Factory Road )

Last edited by Joe Ford; 07-12-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:31 AM
sawoody

Default So. Calif, Orange County

We fly at the Harbor Soaring Society (HSS) field at Fairview Park. HSS has been around for a long time as a sailplane club. Lately we have been advised by the FAA of an 400 foot altitude restriction due to the traffic pattern at John Wayne airport. Those of us who fly electrics stay below 100 feet and are not effected by this FAA requirement. The problem is that if someone violates the 400 foot restriction we could kiss the field good by.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

Originally Posted by airmail wf View Post
OK I'll bite. What happens if you scare the kangaroos.
They get scared and hop away, Airmail . . usually into an oncoming car . . they love it ! !
Old 07-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Tmichel

joking no kangaroos in brisbane its a city of 2 mill but we do have a nice park only 2 minutes from home
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Tmichel

Now in Adelaide they probably do have to compete with the roos???
Old 07-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

Originally Posted by Tmichel View Post
Now in Adelaide they probably do have to compete with the roos???
Hahahaha .. yep, sure do. They're pretty casual here too . . sat next to one in McDonalds the other day. He told me he wouldn't dare go through the drive-thru . . toooooo dangerous with them cars ! ! !
Old 07-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Tmichel

Very good , I hope you have the same great weather we have in Brissie for this fun. I get to fly every week end and some times in the afternoon if I make the effort. Very Lucky I Think.

" may you never have to walk the foam mile"
Old 07-12-2006, 01:06 PM
Jeff Boyd 2

Yes we do actually . . granted, it's a bit cooler in winter (and hotter in Summer), but it doesn't rain anywhere near as much here . .
During "daylight saving" (an extra hour from late spring to early autumn) we fly for 2 to 3 hours nearly every night . . and have the weekends off 8-)
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
jperch

Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
Soon to be Dripping Springs Texas.

I will be looking for some new flying buddies in two weeks.
I live in Round Rock, Texas. It is a bit of a drive to Dripping Springs. But there is a hobby shop in Fredericksburg (http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/). They have a group of flyers out there.

Otherwise, there is a club in south Austin called Hill Country Aeromodelers (HCAM). You can check them out at http://www.hcamonline.org/.

I am sure there are a number of guys that just get together to fly.

If you don't mind driving, there is Austin Radio Control (ARCA). I just tried their link and it doesn't work. But I know they still exist (I am a member).

An even further drive for you would be Georgetown Aeromodelers. Their field is located near Walburg, Texas. http://www.gamarc.org/

There is also the Austin Silent Flyers club in Pflugerville. They fly mostly gliders, but also do electrics. http://www.austinsilentflyers.org/

While I was searching for the ARCA site, I found a mention of the Wimberley Vally Fliers. But I can't seem to find a dedicated site.

Anyhow, you should be able to find someone to fly with.

Joe
Old 07-12-2006, 02:58 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

I'm in Murfreesboro, TN. It's about 30 minutes south of Nashville. Good ol' Rocky Top!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

I live in Webb City Missouri. Way down in the southwest corner of the state. We have two local hobby shops (Joplin RC Hobbies and Hobby World). Although neither are very big, Joplin RC caters a little more to electric and have some knowledgeable staff. There are 2 clubs within 10 miles of me and I used to belong to both when I flew glo. I don't currently belong to one since there are two very large fields with public access close by. One is 2 blocks from me and is about a 10 acre practice football field for the Local High School and is always mowed about 2" tall. Perfect for sliding in my belly landers. The second field is about 20 acres of wide open space at a local university about 10 minutes from home. It also has a large paved lot attached to it.

And yes we do wear shoes down here.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by PerlAddict View Post
I'm in Murfreesboro, TN. It's about 30 minutes south of Nashville. Good ol' Rocky Top!
GO VOLS! I'm originally from Knoxville Perl but now live in Yorktown Virginia
Old 07-12-2006, 03:45 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

Good times! I was at UT for a year before I transferred to MTSU. One of the best years of my life. I really do love that school and campus.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

nothing like the strip, (Cumberland Ave. to all you non UT folks), after a ballgame eh?!

ahhh the good ol days!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:38 PM
PerlAddict
Community Moderator

You got that right! My younger brother went there for one semester last year. He hated it, though. I think in large part because his roommate was a total nutjob. I had the good fortune of rooming with my best friend.

I would've stayed, but I was a computer engineering major and they didn't think they would actually be accredited before I graduated. So I transferred, and of course, they got accredited the year I would have finished my normal coursework (well, a year before, most likely ... seems like most of the engineering guys took 5 years instead of 4).

But oh well. Such as it goes. My roommate has a diehard Bama fan before we went there, and he would have bled orange two weeks later if he had gotten cut. lol. They really suck you into the spirit!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Old Man

Originally Posted by jperch View Post
I live in Round Rock, Texas. It is a bit of a drive to Dripping Springs. But there is a hobby shop in Fredericksburg (http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/). They have a group of flyers out there.

Otherwise, there is a club in south Austin called Hill Country Aeromodelers (HCAM). You can check them out at http://www.hcamonline.org/.

I am sure there are a number of guys that just get together to fly.

If you don't mind driving, there is Austin Radio Control (ARCA). I just tried their link and it doesn't work. But I know they still exist (I am a member).

An even further drive for you would be Georgetown Aeromodelers. Their field is located near Walburg, Texas. http://www.gamarc.org/

There is also the Austin Silent Flyers club in Pflugerville. They fly mostly gliders, but also do electrics. http://www.austinsilentflyers.org/

While I was searching for the ARCA site, I found a mention of the Wimberley Vally Fliers. But I can't seem to find a dedicated site.

Anyhow, you should be able to find someone to fly with.

Joe
Thanks for the info. It looks like we should be moving in around August 1st. I will send you a pm after we are settled in (or as soon as I can fly).

Quick Reply: Post where you live (to meet and fly with people)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10337 seconds with 17 queries