Flyzone Micro Albatros - Page 4 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

Flyzone Micro Albatros

Old 09-03-2010, 05:29 PM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

I need one............. (marty is weeping)...... BAD! Sounds like a winner for indoor flight. Just wish it were a BNF. marty
Old 09-04-2010, 01:38 AM
120pilot

Yes I wish I could bind it to my DX6I. Flyzone has outdone Hobbyzone on the scale looks. But it is hard to beat the versatility of the spektrum bricks that hobbyzone and parkzone use.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:12 AM
degreen60
Flying Fish

Marty will not want one when he finds out that the covering is attached so tight if you try to remove it you will tear the plane up and no paint will stick to the covering, it has to stay RED.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:53 AM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by degreen60 View Post
Marty will not want one when he finds out that the covering is attached so tight if you try to remove it you will tear the plane up and no paint will stick to the covering, it has to stay RED.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!???
Old 09-04-2010, 03:31 PM
IndyJones

Just ordered one...
Old 09-04-2010, 05:17 PM
tr4252

The Albatros looks like yet another step forward in this amazingly fast moving technology these days. I was impressed the minute I first saw it on the net, but was a little disappointed to see that it was so small. I'm a novice, and have just recently gotten comfortable with my HZ Champ. I've always admired the WWI planes, and biplanes in general (saw Dawn Patrol at an impressionable age), and after getting the Champ, have wanted to get something with two wings, but a bit larger. Maybe 24" wingspan or so, with the ability to use it with my existing transmitter.

I have a couple of planes in the 30" range, but they don't have that all-in-a-box-ready-to-go spirit of the Champ.

The Albatros will be a big seller, I think; congradulations to the people who produce it, especially for doing this at such an attractive price.

Tom

Last edited by tr4252; 09-04-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:05 PM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by tr4252 View Post
The Albatros looks like yet another step forward in this amazingly fast moving technology these days. I was impressed the minute I first saw it on the net, but was a little disappointed to see that it was so small. I'm a novice, and have just recently gotten comfortable with my HZ Champ. I've always admired the WWI planes, and biplanes in general (saw Dawn Patrol at an impressionable age), and after getting the Champ, have wanted to get something with two wings, but a bit larger. Maybe 24" wingspan or so, with the ability to use it with my existing transmitter.

I have a couple of planes in the 30" range, but they don't have that all-in-a-box-ready-to-go spirit of the Champ.

The Albatros will be a big seller, I think; congradulations to the people who produce it, especially for doing this at such an attractive price.

Tom
Welcome Tom to the best thread here! If you are interested in a nice slow flyer bipe, consider the Tiger Moth by GWS, the SE5a by eflite, or the Fokker DVII by eflite. These are all about the size you are looking for. Lots of help is available to you here with these aircraft. Marty
Old 09-05-2010, 12:16 AM
enemyace19
Beware the hun in the sun

Hi all! Im new to this site.Seems pretty nice.I have a hobbyzone champ I learned to fly on and picked up the albatros on friday night .Havent flown it yet due to left over hurricane winds.Will try Sunday....Doug

Last edited by enemyace19; 09-08-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:39 AM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Default Welcome Doug!

Originally Posted by enemyace19 View Post
Hi all! Im new to this site.Seems pretty nice.I have a hobbyzone champ I learned to fly on and picked up the albatross on friday night .Havent flown it yet due to left over hurricane winds.Will try Sunday....Doug
Welcome Doug! You will find this thread to be one of the best. It's filed with WWI junkies such as myself and my other Brothers. I noticed your avaitar. Enemy Ace was a favorite of mine when I was young. I still have all of the comic books that were written with him (Enemy Ace) as the main figure. As a young man I was (and am still) fascinated with anything WWI aviation related hence the reason I have them. Collecting WWI aviation reference material has also become a seperate hobby by itself. The Guys here all have a similar passion for WWI aviation. I hope you'll favorite mark this thread. It can be lively at times and most amusing. BTW, don't fly anything WWI with red on it! Marty
Old 09-05-2010, 12:44 AM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by IndyJones View Post
Just ordered one...
Indy you old devil how you doing? Marty
Old 09-05-2010, 12:53 AM
enemyace19

ty how do I mark this thread to save it?
Old 09-05-2010, 01:04 AM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Default Mark thread

Doug go to the tab marked "favorites" on your computer screen. Click on it and it will say "add to favorites" click on yes. Marty
Old 09-05-2010, 01:10 AM
enemyace19

Originally Posted by scalercflyer View Post
Doug go to the tab marked "favorites" on your computer screen. Click on it and it will say "add to favorites" click on yes. Marty

ok ty got it bbl
Old 09-05-2010, 10:59 PM
enemyace19

ok flew it this morning some flys ok needs to fly faster than champ,makes growling noise at medium speeds im guessing gear vibrations then smooths out at faster speeds.I had a video but it was lost as it came unvelcroed from my friends new radian as he had it way up there! never found it again .ce la ve.... Doug
Old 09-05-2010, 11:36 PM
wattman

Originally Posted by enemyace19 View Post
ok flew it this morning some flys ok needs to fly faster than champ,makes growling noise at medium speeds im guessing gear vibrations then smooths out at faster speeds.I had a video but it was lost as it came unvelcroed from my friends new radian as he had it way up there! never found it again .ce la ve.... Doug

Really was considering this new bipe , but , after enjoying so many nice slow flights with my Pico TM and Electrifly Sopwith Pup , and thinking that the Micro Champ would also fly slow and drift around , it doesnt ,
and now you say the new little bipe needs to fly faster than the Champ , thank you for saveing me some money , its not for me .
I want and enjoy the SLOW flying drift around planes .
In the process of getting a Eflite SE5a up and flying .
Thanks for the info
Old 09-05-2010, 11:47 PM
120pilot

I guess we all have different perspectives but I must say I am impressed with the Champs ability to fly slow. I throttle it back and trim nose up and it putts around the hangar amazingly slow. It looks to me like it shouldn't stay in the air but it does. I always considered myself a slow flyer kind of guy. I like Cubs and have no interest in Jets. But maybe I have never flown anything really really slow?
Old 09-06-2010, 12:36 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Just got a $20 off coupon at TH so I ordered one.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:48 AM
enemyace19

The champ to me can be a very slow flyer,I love to fly it often.The albatros is smaller and needs more speed to keep it aloft.It is very nice to watch as it flys around for sure.I would buy it again for sure.I just hope they come out with spare parts for it soon as it is very delicate and I fear breaking it before they are available.
Doug

Last edited by enemyace19; 09-06-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:18 AM
120pilot

I just flew the Albatros in dead still air outside. I take back what I said about needing power to turn. It turns fine in a power off glide. It must have been the wind messing with me the 1st time. It does not seem able to do a rudder roll no matter how high you start. Outside loops just resulted in a steep dive with a panic pull up as the earth approached fast. It will not snap roll. But I have not added rudder throw from how it came out of the box so maybe with more rudder it might. In my opinion it will fly slow. As I said I maxed out the elevator throw. With it trimmed full nose up and throttle reduced to where it just maintains altitude it flys around very slow and is totally under cotrol. One thing I like about the Albatros as opposed to the Champ is that in a turn it does not drop the nose like the Champ does. My Champ requires a lot of up elevator to make a level turn. The Albatros only needs a little and is much more in line with what I would expect. Where the Albatros really shines is in it's appearance in the air. If you appreciate scale then you will like this airplane. If you want to do aerobatics beyond a simple loop then you will be disappointed with this one. It is a very gentle and enjoyable flyer. It just looks cool.

Last edited by 120pilot; 09-06-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:11 AM
tr4252

Originally Posted by dbcisco View Post
Just got a $20 off coupon at TH so I ordered one.
How does one get a $20.00 discount?

Tom
Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Originally Posted by tr4252 View Post
How does one get a $20.00 discount?

Tom
TowerHobbies sends them by email. I get 1 per year.

Code: 010M5
Expires 9/12
$20 off $50 or more order

May work for others, I don't know
Old 09-06-2010, 03:51 PM
enemyace19

Default Albatros Flight

Here she is in flight [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bot7gjuzR20[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0b1JqoZ6uI[/media]
Old 09-06-2010, 04:35 PM
degreen60
Flying Fish

Originally Posted by wattman View Post
I want and enjoy the SLOW flying drift around planes .
In the process of getting a Eflite SE5a up and flying .
Thanks for the info
If the Eflite SE5 flys like my Eflite Jenny and Nieuport you should enjoy it. I need to get started on my Eflite SE5. First thing I am going to do is paint it blue and brown like one of the night fighters. I just can not have a plane right out of the box.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:59 PM
barnburner13

yeah, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 PM
enemyace19

Anyone else fly theirs yet?

Quick Reply: Flyzone Micro Albatros

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10349 seconds with 12 queries