Help, my DX6 is acting strange...transmitter, receiver question.... - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Help, my DX6 is acting strange...transmitter, receiver question....

Old 03-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Default Help, my DX6 is acting strange...transmitter, receiver question....

Hi everyone!

My transmitter is acting up. Wondering if anyone has had this problem. I have a DX 6.

When I plug my lipo into my ESC, the servos twitch but I can't get the transmitter to work the servos or the motor. BUT if I repeatedly plug the battery into the ESC sometimes the receiver light comes on, it makes a sound and everything works PERFECTLY! Such a strange situation.

I've tried just about everything, rebinded my receiver....tried a new receiver....new ESC's everything....I even put a new battery in my DX6. Do you think the transmitter itself is just busted?

Thanks for your help and happy flying everyone!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
aramid

Is this a DX6 or a DX6i? If it's a 6i, you should make sure you're not affected by either of the recalls on that transmitter.

Second, try disconnecting the ESC and plugging in a normal receiver battery, to see if you can control your servos that way. If that works, your ESC's BEC is faulty and should be bypassed or replaced.

If the battery-only test doesn't work, there's something wrong with your radio system. A phone call (not email) to Spektrum would be your best bet at that point, as they will be able to better troubleshoot the problem and then give you some options for repair or replacement.

Their support number is (877) 504-0233.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:57 PM
simibill
General Factotum

Make sure the throttle is fully retarded and the throttle trim is down. It may be that the ESC is not being armed.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Thanks for the info guys. Not sure what's going on. But if I turn the tx on, plug the battery in. Then if it doesn't work I just turn the transmitter on and off till it does.

Has to be a radio problem...... hummm probobly should buy a DX6i....or something. Bummer
Old 03-10-2010, 01:17 PM
hdwideglide03

Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Thanks for the info guys. Not sure what's going on. But if I turn the tx on, plug the battery in. Then if it doesn't work I just turn the transmitter on and off till it does.

Has to be a radio problem...... hummm probobly should buy a DX6i....or something. Bummer
Hello Tinman. See if your TX is one of the listed in the recall. Hope this helps. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=1901

Joe

Last edited by hdwideglide03; 03-10-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Because I can't spell worth a crap today!!!! :-)
Old 03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Guys he has a DX6 - not affected by the recall.

Tinman - send it in to Horizon their service is EXCELLENT they will fixer up. Now that said the DX7 is FAR more system. Might be time for an upgrade.

Mike
Old 03-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Yep might be time for an upgrade. I can't BELIEVE all the cool stuff they have come out with. I've been out of the hobby for a couple of years and things sure have changed!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Well and the DX8 is should be here in a few months...

That means two things:
--It should be a nice choice with great updgrades (like telemetry!)
--A bunch of guys will sell their DX7's so good used prices with the saturated market!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Tinman
The Hot dog man

Haha I like the second choice! Ill keep that in mind!