"Best R/C Website On The Net And Why ?" - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

"Best R/C Website On The Net And Why ?"

Old 01-15-2006, 01:25 PM
SigMan

Default "Best R/C Website On The Net And Why ?"

im starting the thread to get peoples opinions on there favorie website, personally, my favorite is rcuniverse.com, but since ive been getting into electrics, i find myself checking back in at wattflyer just because it is dedicated to electrics only. if you know of a great r/c website , let us know here !
Old 01-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

WF, because it is.

All R/C sites are great, some better than others, but this one has the best members.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Greg Covey

My Web Hangar is pretty good, but then again, it does point back to RC Universe and Wattflyer.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:00 AM
SigMan

i do think the real pro's hang out at WattFlyer...we are the keepers of the flame...so to speak....we are the renaissance of this hobby !
Old 01-16-2006, 01:40 AM
Matt Kirsch
Super Contributor

As long as you're not "flamers of the keep" it's all good with me

(flamers: people that post inflamatory messages)
(keep: the castle's inner sanctuary, i.e. WattFlyer)
Old 01-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Rugar
FAA# OUTLAW!

Best RC site on the Web?
Well your on it right now!
This site will be setting the standards for all Electric flight for years to come. And were only getting started here. There are a lot of things in the works for making this a even better place for Electric flight. Just sit back and watch . (And keep getting involved)
Old 01-16-2006, 04:22 AM
BradT
Scale Nut Loves Biplanes!

I don't think there is only one "best" site for RC, as there are so many aspects to the hobby. I visit several sites daily. I always check my club's site, www.hoods-up.com , then, in no particular order, www.rcscalebuilder.com , www.alleflite.com (formerly Canadianelectricflight.com ), www.rcgroups.com , and of course, www.wattflyer.com . That wastes more than enough of my building time!
Brad.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:39 AM
Johan Beyers

I think it depends on what you're looking for. I'd take this site and rcgroups electrics forums for discussions and real life advice, tower and aircraft-world for online shops, and so on.

I'd like to think my site, Eflight 101 and Leon's Eflightwiki and Alan's linkswould be good places for reference info, and The E Zone for magazine-type news.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:48 AM
Geoff_Gino
Geoff Ogden

No other place to be but here if you fly electric.

WattFlyer rules!!

Geoff
Old 01-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Jeremy Z
Wind Warrior

Default Great Thread!

My favorites:
  1. http://plawner.net This guy has great reviews and covers all the bases in a real-world way. The only downside is that since he's in Israel, we don't always have the same availability of planes.
  2. http://www.hobby-lobby.com These guys don't always have the best prices on batteries & speed controls, but their plane & radio prices are generally pretty fair. They are very good about letting the surfer know which parts are needed, and which parts go with which. Their site is fast & easy to navigate.
  3. I don't really consider WattFlyer a website. I consider it a set of fora, which are a different animal to me. These fora are quite good though.
Jeremy
Old 01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
My favorites:
[LIST=1][*]http://plawner.net This guy has great reviews and covers all the bases in a real-world way. The only downside is that since he's in Israel, we don't always have the same availability of planes.
Jeremy
Patrick is a great guy. Very knowledgeable. I have had his site bookmarked for a couple of years now.

-Mike
Old 01-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Tom Moody

My favorite is RCGROUPS, followed by RCUNIVERSE and WATTFLYER taking up the rear. All I fly is electrics but the RCGROUPS has way more than here. Maybe that will change eventually but for now WATTFLYER just doesn't have it.

Tom Moody
Old 01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Tom Moody View Post
My favorite is RCGROUPS, followed by RCUNIVERSE and WATTFLYER taking up the rear. .....
i hope this doesnt last too long...
Old 01-22-2006, 09:44 AM
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

For me no question. WattFlyer!! It is quickly getting more and more great info. However, it's the members that really make this site the greatest.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:14 PM
ragbag
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by SigMan View Post
im starting the thread to get peoples opinions on there favorie website, personally, my favorite is rcuniverse.com,
The last place I go to is RC Universe.

Used to go to the classifieds when I had nothing else to do. Buried in ads now. How many BVM ads do you have to go through to see anything else.

Did RC groups till the WattFlyer started, don't find reason to go to RC G anymore either.

Long as you guys will have me, I'll hand around here.

By George

Attachment 6338
George Mary Ann

Last edited by ragbag; 02-12-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:51 PM
FoamFlyer

Default Best Site???

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
WF, because it is.

All R/C sites are great, some better than others, but this one has the best members.
I have to agree DS... I'm new here and already recieved allot of great info!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:44 AM
berryulson

Good thread! Lots of good links here I'd never have found. I like this place a lot. It has a nice friendly feel. I check in at RC Groups often mainly because I like to follow the Stevensaero threads (slowly building the Cap 40e) but I spend most of my time at www.rchobbyhub.com. It is nearly all E and small and clublike and includes a good range of planes from beginners to 3 lb. coversions. Also has a "flight techniques" section I particuliarly enjoy.

Last edited by berryulson; 02-01-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:59 AM
admin
Administrator

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ragbag View Post
The last place I go to is RC Universe.

Used to go to the classifieds when I had nothing else to do. Buried in ads now. How many BVM ads do you have to go through to see anything else.

Did RC groups till the WattFlyer started, don't find reason to go to RC G anymore either.

Long as you guys will have me, I'll hand around here.

By George

Attachment 6338
George Mary Ann
Hi. I'm confused by your BVM ad comment above in regards to the RCU classifieds. Did you realize that the RCU classified system is a drill down system to get into the category you want? If you click into Airplanes then click into another category (on the left) you will see only what you want. If BVM or other ads are featured on the airplane classified homepage you just drill down into more specific categories to see what you want.

I hope this explains how it works but if I'm misunderstanding your note above please contact me to help me understand. We never had such a complaint about the classifieds in recent years. Matter of fact the RCU classified system has received such accollades that some major media companies will be using the RCU software after comparing it to all other available options out there.