Hey trex 600 should i or not? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Hey trex 600 should i or not?

Old 03-21-2007, 05:25 AM
deka14353

Default Hey trex 600 should i or not?

Hey guys!
i was out of rc for 9months now but i am thinking of getting in again,
my last heli was trex 450se with the bells and wissles and raptor 50se again with the bells and wissles but now i am looking at the trex 600 and need your opinion on this heli, the 450se serve me well at 3d but it was small and my eye sight from far is not that great specialy at night, so i was flying my rappy more than my 450 but once agin i hate to deal with the smoke noise and hasle of fulling LOL:p so any opinion will be much apriciated thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 AM
leapfrog
"I fly daily..."

The rex 600 is a *very* nice heli... (I own two)... I vote "go for it" if that's the size heli you want...
Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 PM
jperch

I would have to agree. I also started with a Trex 450. Then I went to the SE. Then I went to a Raptor 30 slimer. I hated dealing with fuel again. I picked up a 600 and sold the Raptor.

One of my flying buddies (and hard core Raptor guy) flew my 600 and liked it so much, he has one himself now and doesn't fly the Raptor nearly as much as he used to.

Go for it. In fact, another one of my buddies is becoming an Align dealer. He is putting together his first order right now. If you like, I can put you two in touch.

Joe
Old 03-21-2007, 03:26 PM
deka14353

hey guys thanks alot for the reply i guess that trex600 for me it is LOL

i am going to need all, radio, batt, well all since i sold all of my rc stuff,

hey joe will this buddy of your will have a compleat packeg?

i was looking at heliproz for a combo that they have for 1,374.00 incl. radio and all. will this be a good buy? thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 03:42 PM
jperch

deka,
I don't think my friend would be able to offer a complete combo like Heliproz. Right now, I think he only has Align stuff and Flightpower batteries. I don't think he has a connection with a radio company yet.

If the combo your are referring to at Heliproz is the one with the DX7 radio, that seems like a good deal. I am sure that you could do a little bit better one price if you shop a round. But you would likely have to go to several places to get everything. I don't think you would be able to do much better getting everything in one place than that.

I have never used the DX7 but I have heard good things about it. I run the Logitech 6100 gyro they have on my machine as well. I like it very much. I also have two Astro 109's. They work well, but you MUST follow the instructions and be comfortable charging Lipo's to use it safely. It will let you make a mistake. I would suggest you add some sort of balancing device to that order for your lipos. The Astro Blinky is only about $30 and works well.

I have not heard good things about the Mavrik blades. I have never used them myself though. Most of the guys I fly with either fly Radix or V Blades. So, that is your call.

The battery is rather interesting. The picture shows the Align battery yet the text states a YT 4200. I don't know if those are the same or not. If they are, then these are the older Align packs. They will work for hovering and basic forward flight. If you are going to really toss it around like the Szabo's, you will need something with some more beef. The Flight Power 4900's seem to be the pack of choice for the big guns. But they cost between $250 and $300 depending on where you go. I have heard that ThunderPower 5000 extremes are another good choice for hard core flying. But they are not any cheaper than the Flight Power.

I hope that all helps.

Enjoy,
Joe
Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 PM
leapfrog
"I fly daily..."

jperch has a lot of good advice... I *do* fly a DX7 and really it's the way to go, IMHO. There are no more glitches - ever... and no worrying about freqs anymore. It is quite capable (seven channels - I wish there were more... but there will be in the future, I'm sure.) with five-point curves and bells and whistles... hehe.

I use both Align 4600mAh (don't use the align 4200's) and FP 4900mAh bats... and have two e-Station BC8 chargers.

Align has some *really* nice CF blades now (actually made by SAB)... they fly great.

Good luck with your adventure!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
PilotDane

I'm flying a 450 but am curious about the 600 blades. Are there wood blades for the 600 or is fiberglass/carbon the only option?
Old 03-21-2007, 07:14 PM
jperch

I am not sure what Align has available for blades. However any blade in the 550mm length will work well. Personally, I am running a set of Thunder Tiger 550 CF blades that I bought used for $40. It works very well. I am sure you can get a set of woodies in the 550mm length from somewhere. Whatever it is it should work. How well it works is a matter of personal preference.

Joe
Old 03-23-2007, 11:12 AM
leapfrog
"I fly daily..."

PilotDane... Yep, there are woodies available in this size... several mfrs, actually... but to be honest, I've not flown any of them... so I suck for info there.

jperch... Align has both glass and CF blades (made by SAB, actually) that are to fly for... no kidding. totally rule. And they are the same price as others in the 600mm range... I actually prefer them over my TT, and V-blades... but that is just me.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:01 AM
deka14353

hey guys thanks for the info and i bought one and flew it yesterday all i can say is WOW:p awsome machine, this is my set up
airtronics servos on the cyclic, 401 gyro 9254 on the tail vblades and rotoworks frame also got the torque tube awsome bird!!!!
also align 6s 4400 batt bought two of them but i might get other brand just to try out but with this batterys and the standar 600l motor and esc i cant bog this motor at full climb out it shoots up like a rocket i am using 12t helical pinion with the helical main gear
once again thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 02:11 AM
fazer1

If you are still considering it I have an almost new with everything needed except radio for $850. I have it listed here and on Runryder if you would like to take a look. Any questions email me at [email protected]