Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Questions and answers - what about results ?

Old 11-07-2019, 12:51 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default Questions and answers - what about results ?

This is prompted not only by a few threads on this forum but seems to be happening more often in most forums.

A question or request for assistance is made and people respond. I for one try my best to help especially newcomers - sometimes my info may be a bit 'iffy' sometimes I hope it helps. None of us are perfect !

What is appreciated though is when the originator of the request comes back with results ... good or bad ... at least we then have a knowledge base of that request generated. But it seems that more often now - advice / info is given and you hear nothing more from the originator.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I find that a little bit 'off' ...

This is a hobby where we get a lot of satisfaction from not only being successful with our own projects, but helping others achieve as well. The camaraderie generated is worth the effort.

Sorry if I am being an old 'fart' about this.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:36 PM
ron_van_sommeren
homo ludens modelisticus

I've noticed it too. As a result my replies to first time posters have become shorter, and usually have a (relevant) question in it. If they don't answer it probably wasn't much of an issue to begin with.

There are also the lazy questions, lousy titles, very wrong subforum posts. Why should I spend time answering them when poster obviously does not want to spend the time himself? Quality of answers depends on quality of questions.

And then there are the new 'members' that plonk some out-of-the-blue, useless/informationless, off-topic post, or just copied posts in a discussion.

Last edited by ron_van_sommeren; 11-09-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:45 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

I agree Nigel. And most of those that ask the questions are first time posters. If that is the case I don't bother with them.