General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

How or why did you pick your screen name?

Old 01-14-2006, 07:40 PM
crast test dummie
Batteries not included!!!

Default How or why did you pick your screen name?

I started flying almost 2 years ago. I purchased a Slow Stick and started to try to fly it. I did find an AMA club in my area and some of the guys there were helpful. But I didn't use a buddy box, I just got her up in the air and started to fly/crash. I was told the SS was the easyest plane to fly and I kept on crashing it! Darn it! Well I just thought Crash Test Dummie would be a good name since I seemed to crash more than fly. Then I saw someone at our field with a Stryker, WOW! It was so cool looking compaired to the SS. I just had to have one!! Everyone told me it wouldn't be the best plane to learn on, but I wouldn't listen. I just had to have that cool looking pusher jet. Well believe it or not, I was better at flying the Stryker than the SS!! Sure I still crashed but the Stryker repairs very easy. Now I fly almost every day, before work, at lunch, after work weekends, I'm hooked. I have 10 planes, and my Stryker#4 is brushless and I fly her at 80 MPH no problem.

Well enough of my babbling, please join in and tell how you got or picked your screen name.

Thanks,
CTD
Old 01-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

My parents forced this screenname on me at birth. After many years of therapy, I have come to accept it and am actually comfortable with it these days. Now the avitar.......I am still working through that emotionally

-Mike
Old 01-14-2006, 09:22 PM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Waaaaay back in the dialup BBS days, before there was an internet, I signed on as "Forest" and used that name for many years. Started a webcam site a couple of years ago and it was called "Forest Cam", a while later I was signing up to a forum site and "Forest" was already taken so I've been using ForestCam ever since.

Well other then on Pogo. Believe it or not someone already had "ForestCam" so there I'm "ForsetCam".
Old 01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

It is what I have done for a living for the last twenty five years, kinda hard gettin used to building things out of balsa and tissue, when your used to half inch thick steel.:o
Old 01-14-2006, 10:12 PM
reills
Crash Site Instigator

Thirty years ago when I started High School (AAAACCCCKKKKK!!!) I went out for track. The coach, and my 9th grade English teacher Mr. Shanley "shortened" reilly to reills. Still see Mr. Shanley from time to time...
Old 01-14-2006, 10:23 PM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
It is what I have done for a living for the last twenty five years, kinda hard gettin used to building things out of balsa and tissue, when your used to half inch thick steel.:o
Wondered about that. I may have something I need your input on for my mud truck.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

Originally Posted by ForestCam View Post
Wondered about that. I may have something I need your input on for my mud truck.
Oh great I spent the morning welding on a buddies mud truck, it's more like a mud bottomless money pit, I'm not even sure what color it actually is
Old 01-14-2006, 10:42 PM
tim hooper
Single-task man

My user name?

Because you wouldn't believe my real name...............

Sebastian Weetabix
Old 01-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

My real name is Nod Smis but folks made fun of my name. Os I esu ti sdrawkcab ereh no eht bew.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:35 AM
n001pa
Procrastinate Now!

Simple, it's the tail number I put on my very first model plane almost 20 years ago. The PA stands for Phillips Aviation. I know it's geeky but hey I was only 13 years old.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:06 AM
ragbag
Super Contributor

I am What I am.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:08 AM
ragbag
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by ragbag View Post
I am What I am.
They wont let me put what my mother called me "Damit Ray"
Old 01-15-2006, 02:48 AM
jonnyjetprop

Nickname I got when I was flying for the regional airlines (we called them commuter airlines back then).
Old 01-15-2006, 02:59 AM
rclark
Oh boy, here we go again!

What I've used forever for all my logins on all systems (home/work/forums) ... Not very imagative but it works (and easy to remember) :o .
Old 01-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Schlepp

I just keep schlepping along
Old 01-15-2006, 04:39 AM
U2Steve
Ann Can Fly, and So Can I

I was working on a Lanier U-2 conversion, my first plane in many years, when I first came here with a couple of questions. Been hanging around ever since; gave up trying to find anyplace better a while ago...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:47 AM
Idaho
wheeeee!

I'm a transplanted/defected/defective Canadian and I love this state. Since we're telling name stories...
I was joking with Qban (that's an interesting one) about him being kind of a slow stick guru. He said he was around when you had to throw rocks to steer the plane. I said it reminded me of the Flintstones. He replied he's the great great.... grandson of Fred. He's now the venerable Fred the VII and I decided being a newb I'll be grasshopper, just learning. I'd have changed over from Idaho but it's not allowed. Idaho is OK anyway, in fact this place is great. I love America.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

Default Stephen King

I saw the word in a King book. Sounded cool. It's a German word
meaning "double walker" a doppelganger is a shadow-self that accompanies every human. Only the owner of a doppelganger can see it, otherwise it is invisible to human eyes.

Dogs and cats have been known to see doppelgangers. Providing sympathetic company, a doppelganger almost always stands behind a person, and they cast no reflection in a mirror. They are prepared to listen and give advice to humans, either implanting ideas in their heads, or a sort of osmosis.

It is said to be bad luck if it is seen, and rarely a doppelganger will make itself visible to friends or family, often causing great confusion. Doppelgangers can be mischievous and malicious. Some believe they steal your body and become you. But not really you.

Steve
Old 01-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

Default Screen Name

When I tried to log onto another model aircraft site, long ago, Sky Shark was already in use. Given to me by fellow glider flyer Glenn C ( aka Attack Duck), he says I scoop up all the good thermals, which doesn't explain why he kicks my butt in LMR! It's also my " pen " name on our club website.
www.rmeflyers.org
Ron
Old 01-15-2006, 04:50 PM
wildnloose

Its the way I fly...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:03 PM
cosmic1

Wink

Given to me in the 70's by my freinds in H.S. .. Misspent youth you might say!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 06:49 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

Cause I fly Foam(depron) airplanes now Mostly and there a whole lot of fun so I came up with Foamiesrfun.

Easy enough!
Old 01-15-2006, 10:39 PM
John Seidelman

Cause It's ME
Old 01-15-2006, 11:48 PM
MountainFlyer

I taped random words on a dart board .. threw 2 darts.. then i thought.. why not just use MountainFlyer.. since i kinda live in the mountains .. and i fly ..sometimes .. when the wind goes down.. im thinking of taking up kite flying to get the wind to stop blowing here
Old 01-15-2006, 11:59 PM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Originally Posted by MountainFlyer View Post
I taped random words on a dart board .. threw 2 darts.. then i thought.. why not just use MountainFlyer.. since i kinda live in the mountains .. and i fly ..sometimes .. when the wind goes down.. im thinking of taking up kite flying to get the wind to stop blowing here
It's worked for me! If you take a kite to the field and it gets too windy to fly just set up the kite and the wind will stop immediatly!

Quick Reply: How or why did you pick your screen name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10616 seconds with 12 queries