Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Have any of you tried the F16 Falcon from air hogs?

Old 01-22-2006, 07:13 AM
ricktheshark

Default Have any of you tried the F16 Falcon from air hogs?

Hi all. I'm new here and am very happy to be here with you all! I've heard of most of air hogs spinmasters radio control planes but was shocked to see one I have never seen or heard about before. Its a F16 Falcon jet and its a bit bigger than the aero ace and dominator. I read the box and it doesn't state much about the plane. All it says is that it flies up to 300 feet and it just gives specs of the planes dimensions. Have any of you bought one or seen one in action? I'm very curious on how it stacks up to the famous aero ace. Thanks for your time.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
meegosh
Pilot in training

I'd say just buy it and try it out and let us know what you think of it! You can always return it if it doesn't fly so that shouldn't be a worry. They won't stick you with a plane that doesn't fly.

Give it a shot and let us know!!! And welcome to the forums!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:34 PM
frvrngn
Oops....

That may be the new jet that was advertised in the latest Backyard Flyer mag. Are the props right in the middle of the fuse? It looks pretty cool, I didnt know they were out yet. Supposed to be the same guts as the Aero Ace so it could be another fun flyer!
Old 01-23-2006, 09:40 PM
ricktheshark

I went to other forums and they told me it sucks hardcore. It doesn't have a litho battery and it has a cheap controller like the dominator and other rc planes from airhogs. I'd stay away from it from what I've heard.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:01 PM
frvrngn
Oops....

Ah, thats not the new Jet. There is a new twin prop jet due out that uses the Aero Ace guts and TX.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:24 PM
meegosh
Pilot in training

Originally Posted by ricktheshark View Post
I went to other forums and they told me it sucks hardcore. It doesn't have a litho battery and it has a cheap controller like the dominator and other rc planes from airhogs. I'd stay away from it from what I've heard.
Thanks for the heads up, I was gonna buy one and just try it but I'll save the gas money. Any idea when the "real" jet is supposed to come out?
Old 01-26-2006, 02:55 AM
ricktheshark

Most r/c buffs told me the plane I saw at target was the new release from air hogs. I certainly hope their wrong. I would love to try out a jet with aero ace electronics. Well, hopefully, it would have some nice aero ace modifications to it :p We can only keep our fingers crossed.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:07 PM
rcboatnut
Are you one of these

Where are people getting there information about Airhogs stuff, if you go to the website there is nothing about any new Jet using the Aero ace guts, I have heard this but not seen any real evidence. The F16 in not the new jet it just like the dominator, and that is not very good, when you turn the plane on the props start spinning and don't stop until you shut it off, you just vary the amout of thurst, and from what I can tell from the Airhogs website, most of the other planes they have work the same way. the AeroAce is the bees knees. I hope people are right and there is something new coming out but show me proof, Mfg. pictures, articles something to get my hopes up.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:14 AM
ricktheshark

The new jet was seen in some magazines. Which ones, I couldn't tell you. Airhogs have not updated their site in a while so I would not go there looking for the new releases. Yes, the F16 at target is like the other sucky r/c planes. I advise against buying one. At least we have the aero ace to play with for now :p
Old 01-28-2006, 02:31 AM
slowmover

Originally Posted by meegosh View Post
Thanks for the heads up, I was gonna buy one and just try it but I'll save the gas money. Any idea when the "real" jet is supposed to come out?

Save your money!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:49 AM
rca

There is an Air Hogs add on page 37 of my March 2006 Backyard Flyer. The add is mainly for the Aero Ace, but there is a little "Coming Soon!" teaser that shows the Aero Ace Jet. Here's a pic (sorry I didn't look at it first and correct the colors):
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aajet.JPG
Views:	979
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	7059  
Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 AM
losi24
you buy it, i'll fly it.

three words: No Thank You!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Joe 1320
Super Contributor

The key to the dominator is a double charge using fresh alkaline batteries in the transmitter. With that, the little stealth type delta wing actually does decent, flight times could be a hair longer. I had it pretty high, it moves decent, likes to climb left with a dead stick, a little hard to turn right.... but it works.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by rcboatnut View Post
Where are people getting there information about Airhogs stuff, if you go to the website there is nothing about any new Jet using the Aero ace guts, I have heard this but not seen any real evidence.

Spinmaster's site stinks to high heaven, horrible design. Don't count on it for anything.

Tom
Old 04-10-2006, 05:33 AM
UAVPilot

To be fair, the Air hogs F-16 is not the same caliber or type of toy aircraft that the aero ace is. The F-16 is older technology and made to handle higher wind conditions.
It really does better to just let it fly itself as one of my friends found out. He could not get it to fly till he handed the TX to his 4 year old and then it flew great
If your kids attention span is shorter than what the aero ace will fly, than it's great, cause he will have to run allot, to go get it, and it only takes a few minutes to charge
After the kids are bored with it , you have a great foundation for a CD Rom
I have one of the aero ace jets, and I can tell you that they fly great. I was told that they are out already but I have yet to see them on the shelf.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pdrm0932.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	9780  
Old 04-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by UAVPilot View Post
I have one of the aero ace jets, and I can tell you that they fly great. I was told that they are out already but I have yet to see them on the shelf.

Where did you get the new jet???!!! Give us a review if you would please!!!

Tom
Old 04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
UAVPilot

The orange one in the picture is a TV star . I flew for spinmasters in the commercial they made a couple months ago. I asked the product director when they were coming out and he said that they already were out. I said that I had not seen them on the self and he just said "hmmmm".

Anyway, They fly great, but not like the biplanes. They are not near as maneuverable, and you would have a hard time flying it in any house. Figure eight turns in a small gym is the norm. They don't porpoise at all like the biplane, and fly much faster. It will spiral in if you hold it in a turn for long. Plenty of power and will climb at minimum throttle. At first I didn't like it as much as the biplanes, but after I flew it more and got use to it I ended up liking it much better. It flys basically, more jet like . Works great for towing a small streamer, (can be seen in pic) so the slow stick guys have something to go after

The electronics look the same but the switch is a little easier to get to, and the motors are about 1 mm longer a give quite a bit more power than the biplane. I can see some great conversion that could be made with the gear.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Tommyr

Originally Posted by UAVPilot View Post
The orange one in the picture is a TV star . I flew for spinmasters in the commercial they made a couple months ago. I asked the product director when they were coming out and he said that they already were out. I said that I had not seen them on the self and he just said "hmmmm".

Anyway, They fly great, but not like the biplanes. They are not near as maneuverable, and you would have a hard time flying it in any house. Figure eight turns in a small gym is the norm. They don't porpoise at all like the biplane, and fly much faster. It will spiral in if you hold it in a turn for long. Plenty of power and will climb at minimum throttle. At first I didn't like it as much as the biplanes, but after I flew it more and got use to it I ended up liking it much better. It flys basically, more jet like . Works great for towing a small streamer, (can be seen in pic) so the slow stick guys have something to go after

The electronics look the same but the switch is a little easier to get to, and the motors are about 1 mm longer a give quite a bit more power than the biplane. I can see some great conversion that could be made with the gear.

Ahhhh, thanks for that! I've seen the commercial a number of times now. Going to have to get one once they come out! Can't wait to see some video of it in flight from other users.

Tom
Old 04-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Joe 1320
Super Contributor

I've found the F-16 online for $40 along with the rest of the Airhog flyers...... which about $10 higher than my local stores. However, nobody locally is carrying the F-16 yet.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Earle

I've been flying the (old?) f16 for a few days. Didn't like it at first but by double charging I get about 2 min. flight time. Old technology in it and the control is a single four way stick that makes simultainious speed and turn control difficult. When you turn on the transmitter the jet will come on at almost full RPM. So be carefull -that will be a supprise. But it is fast and soulds great. I fly my AAs while the F16 charges. I feel I am getting my $30 worth out of it but really look forward to the new jet rummered to come out in June.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Joe 1320
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Earle View Post
I've been flying the (old?) f16 for a few days. Didn't like it at first but by double charging I get about 2 min. flight time. Old technology in it and the control is a single four way stick that makes simultainious speed and turn control difficult. When you turn on the transmitter the jet will come on at almost full RPM. So be carefull -that will be a supprise. But it is fast and soulds great. I fly my AAs while the F16 charges. I feel I am getting my $30 worth out of it but really look forward to the new jet rummered to come out in June.
I'm still trying to find one. Online they are $40 plus shipping. I'm holding out for a decent price, I've got way too many other planes to keep me happy until the deal is found.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Joe 1320
Super Contributor

Found one and did a brief review.....

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6964
Old 02-04-2007, 01:41 AM
guiseuppi

Default Air Hog Jet.

I called the spinmaster company who now owns air hogs to order some more blades for my helix and they said in a few days the new version of the jet is to be coming out in a day or so. They said it is called the PX 7700. Thats all I know
Old 02-04-2007, 01:44 AM
guiseuppi

Default Aero ace jet

Oh and if anyone can tell me where to get the original aero ace jet for under $35.00, Pleeeease tell me where to go that doesnt have a BS $10.00+ in shipping. Feel free to mail me at [email protected]
Old 02-10-2007, 05:42 PM
chesot

Cool f 16

i had to help my friend fly it but when it was in the air it flew well but veary fast

Quick Reply: Have any of you tried the F16 Falcon from air hogs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11151 seconds with 17 queries