General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

How or why did you pick your screen name?

Old 01-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Old Fart
Lost at LAX

Been my screen name on many Jeep forums for a lot of years - why change now
Old 01-19-2006, 09:12 PM
crast test dummie
Batteries not included!!!

Originally Posted by proptop View Post
When I was about 3 or 4 I had a propeller beenie (remember "Beenie and Cecil" the cartoon? I know I'm dating myself there )
We live near an Air Force base, and I used to run around the yard flapping my arms and making airplane noises.
My dad and others called me Proptop...

And years later, when I was going to A+P school we used the term "proptop" like "gearhead" is used for a guy who likes cars...
I'm sorry to say I do remember Bennie and Cecil. :o Han't thought about them in a long time. It has been a blast hearing how everyone got their names. I'm really glad I asked! Keep em coming.

CTD
Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 PM
inconel710

I'm a nuclear submariner and I started out using Inconel on AOL back in the 90's. Inconel is an allow of nickel, iron, and chromium used in reactor plants and I'm a geek. Later on, I tried using it on other places on the web and someone else had taken it. So I tacked on 710 in honor of my first boat, USS AUGUSTA (SSN 710).

I'm tempted to use my current Navy radio callsign - Ironrod Sierra, but I won't have it for much longer.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Jeremy Z
Wind Warrior

Default Changing usernames

Well, Rugar & admin are going to kill me for posting this, but it is NOT too late to change it.

I changed my username just now from 'Smaug' to 'Jeremy Z' so as to have more credibility. I don't know if it will work or not, but I feel good about it; like I've reached maturity online, hehehe.

I'm not likely to say anything too mean, as people know who I really am.

See you around!

Jeremy
Old 01-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Barfing Pumpkin
Banned

Well, every year towards the end of October, I get this quezy feeling inside, makes me nauseous. Fortunately, after Halloween, the feeling subsides and I am usually good for about a year.

Barf
Old 01-20-2006, 07:43 PM
timocharis
Dave North

That's interesting. All Smaugs are gone. It's kinda 1984ish.

Dave
Old 01-20-2006, 08:53 PM
slowmover

Just not in any hurry to get anywhere
Old 01-21-2006, 01:56 AM
turnwaldw

Just my last name with first intial I am actually a crash test dummy( thats whats my friends call me sometimes) in a sorts I test cars braking systems and handling systems. What these engineers come up with sometimes you either have to crazy to drive them. You ask will if it will work and there reply is I dont know but we will find out
Old 01-21-2006, 03:25 AM
roccobro
Happy to be here

I too am an older VW freak. I had three of my brothers, myself and a brothers friend all driving VW Sciroccos at one point. Before the friend bought one we were the "Rocco Bro's". We got e-mail addy's to match and still use them. Just add @yahoo.com if you have a question.

We don't drive them anymore (my bros don't even own any now) but I still have 7 of them in my garages. The Mk1 is the coolest water cooled VW made in my book.

Justin
Old 01-21-2006, 04:49 PM
phantomphixer

Eight years in the F-4 Phantom II program with the U.S. Navy. It's what I did.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Just wanted a different one from RCG. I do not need any personal connections to that site here. Had enough bad experiences there, I wish nobody even recognized me, although I guess it is inevitable, when you post pics. I actually liked my previous name, as it really represented what I do. Problem is I think too many people see the screen names as "kiddish". I don't look at it that way, but I think many do. That's whay I just went with my plain old name. I guess its similar reasoning to Jeremy Z's post above.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:12 PM
crast test dummie
Batteries not included!!!

Default Wow!

Originally Posted by turnwaldw View Post
Just my last name with first intial I am actually a crash test dummy( thats whats my friends call me sometimes) in a sorts I test cars braking systems and handling systems. What these engineers come up with sometimes you either have to crazy to drive them. You ask will if it will work and there reply is I dont know but we will find out
Crash Test Dummy! What a silly name.......Doh!

CTD