Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Compact charger for LiFe packs

Old 03-17-2020, 12:03 AM
geb
geb

Default Compact charger for LiFe packs

I started using a LiFe 2S 2100 mah battery to power the receiver and servos in a model aircraft last summer. Since the model is on the large side, and not convenient to remove the battery, it's easier to bring the charger to the model rather than the model to the charger, thus my search for a compact charging unit.
I saw a neat little LiFe specific charger on Tower Hobby, however it had no read out of mah put back into the pack, and I like to know how many Mah I'm using up.
Hobby King has two small units that look attractive, and had good reviews,.... if they can be trusted. They were a Turnigy Accucell C150 AC/DC 150 watt, and another Turnigy Accucell-6 DC only 80 watt, again good reviews.

So, can anyone suggest any other compact / small chargers with data read out for LiFe batteries that work well, or can anyone endorse the above two Turnigy units??
Thanks for any suggestions you may offer.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Bigron
BigRon

I would recommend an ISDT Q6 Nano. $30 on Amazon. I believe you might need a balance cable extender for the battery. The Q6 is a great versatile charger for a wonderful price.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:51 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

The Acucel 6 80W ... I have two of them and they are excellent units .... and easily powered from the car or 12V source ...

I( also have SkyRC iMax B6 mini 60W which are excellent as well and slightly smaller than the Acucel 6 ... and plug is standard DIN instead of XT60.....

They are budget priced .......... capable of all batterys we use incl. Life and Nixx ... and LiPo HV ....

There really is no need to spend big money on this ....
Old 11-16-2020, 09:26 PM
geb
geb

Thank you for your responses, I will look into these units.
GEB