Heads UP RC discussion Heads up RC discussion and support. Monitored by Heads UP RC.

Heads Up RC is closing

Old 07-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Stay Quiet

Default Heads Up RC is closing

In case you aren't on the HURC mailing list, I just got notification that Heads Up RC will be closing - permanently - at the end of August. Watch for closeout sales on remaining stock.

Another great supplier / store gone. All my planes were powered with HURC setups.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:58 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Bummer I will Hate to See HURC close, They have been very very Helpful. For years I have been referring RCrs to [email protected] Up Rc , and telling people to Tell Jeff at Heads Up Rc That Chellie sent you

Last edited by CHELLIE; 07-15-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:34 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I Remember when Jeff was on EBay selling Rc Products, then he opened Heads up Rc, I am not sure if Jeff was using the Name Heads Up Rc on EBay or not, But I made sure to Tell as many people that I could About Jeffs Great Prices and Products, on EBay and Heads up Rc, Even Though I am Not Involved in Rc any more, I will Miss Jeff and Heads Up Rc, as I still buy Velcro, Epoxy and wire and fittings from Him. Take care Jeff in your Retirement
Old 07-15-2019, 10:06 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Yup shame ro see him closing. He was a great help when i first started out flying. I could send him a email with a question on a weekend and he would respond the same day! Thats customer service at its best. Good for him retiring at 64 hope Jeff enjoys good health in the golden years.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:06 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

well crap...
Old 07-16-2019, 03:33 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Always sorry to see Model Shops go ... even online ones.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:56 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

After getting burned on the absolute garbage Hobby King (forgot the original name finally) was selling back in the beginning I stayed away from lower cost Chinese R/C imports. Then after starting to see so many positive reports on HURC and Jeff I started buying from them. In addition to at least a dozen mounted in airplanes and helis I have a box with at least another dozen and a half of E Max and Power Up servos purchased from HURC. Lots of motor mounts, prop adapters, ESC's etc. They had the absolute best deals on carbon fiber and I bought a mess of it. Unfortunately they dropped it a while back or I'd buy even more.

I haven't flown in over a year and with it being summer time here in Phoenix (107 degrees before 11:00 am and a high today of 114!) it's too bloody hot to step outside and risk bursting into flames. I really don't need anything R/C right now but I think I'll grab some more servos before they're all gone. I won't wait for absolute closeout prices because the prices are already low enough. The HURC servos are every bit the equal of the Hitec servos I've been paying a premium for all these years but at a fraction of the price.

I'm really sorry to see HURC go but I hope Jeff enjoys retirement.

Joe
Old 07-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Well THAT sucks! I waited too long. I just went to put an order together. All servos except 3.7 gram are gone already. I knew I should have bought as soon as I got the e-mail. My own fault......

Joe
Old 07-16-2019, 07:17 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I couldn't take it anymore. I went back and grabbed 6 of the 3.7 gram servos before they were all gone. I'll find something to stick 'em in........

Joe
Old 08-04-2019, 02:45 PM
gittarpikk
CrazyBall Designer and OT

Default Sorely missed

A few fellow RC'rs had created a new fun fly pylon racing and use a 1900 kv Blue Wonder that we always got from HURC... When I was told they were closing I went to buy a few more and found they had already been bought up. I searched the whole web and found zero 1900 KV BW's. seems that HURC may have been having them made custom . That 1900 KV is a Tiger on the planes we designed for this class running approx 60 mph. It would be nice if I could get more of those motors somewhere HK does not have that KV of BW.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:21 PM
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by gittarpikk View Post
A few fellow RC'rs had created a new fun fly pylon racing and use a 1900 kv Blue Wonder that we always got from HURC... When I was told they were closing I went to buy a few more and found they had already been bought up. I searched the whole web and found zero 1900 KV BW's. seems that HURC may have been having them made custom . That 1900 KV is a Tiger on the planes we designed for this class running approx 60 mph. It would be nice if I could get more of those motors somewhere HK does not have that KV of BW.
One of the great things HURC did was no B.S. on the motors they sold. Here's a cut and paste from the website: "Please note: The KV ratings we publish for the motors we sell are the direct result of our own testing and may not match the manufacturer labels, as often such readings may vary between manufacturerd batches of motors. We perform this testing to ensure that our customers have accurate specifications upon which to base the specific application of each motor." Hard to say what their 1900kv motor spec was by other sellers. The motor you want is probably still available. Try e-mailing Jeff at HURC. I'm sure he'll tell you what you need to look for in the available market.

Joe
Old 08-04-2019, 08:45 PM
gittarpikk
CrazyBall Designer and OT

Default Jeff at HURC has always been helpful...

I'll try that , surely he can point us to a supply or maybe even the source.