Thank You for this Forum... - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank You for this Forum...

Old 06-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Saddlebum
The Old Guy Returneth...

Thumbs up Thank You for this Forum...

I'm new(ish) here, a retired VP of an international software/ hardware integrator and no stranger to the Internet (started my journey with computers in '84).

I've started software User Groups, been the Forum "Wizard" on a motorcycle chat forum and belonged to many others.

I say this so that whoever is responsible for the invention, promotion and maintenance of the forum understands that I know exactly how much thought, time and dedication it takes to produce a quality forum this comprehensive, popular and timely.

Gentleman (whoever you all are) please accept my sincere thanks for a job very well done.

...Saddlebum
Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Thanks!

It's a team effort for sure. We have a great group of guys who run this place and I am sure happy to be a part of the team.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Great mods here and the site owner is 2nd to none. Appreciate the compliment! Even though Mike Parsons does a lot of the behind the scenes stuff!!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:24 PM
tarheal63

Thumbs up

I second that thanks, I have learned so very much on here and met a great bunch of people. I started in December and will never look back. My applause to all of those out there that moderate and maintain this great forum.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:16 AM
TylerJCooper

I would like to piggy back off the other comments. For 10 years, I attempted to fly solo because I lived in a small town. A couple year ago, I crashed my last plane and the members at Wattflyer donated everything to get me started back in the hobby. Not only was I able to learn to fly with the help of Wattflyer, but I was able to learn how to build, maintain, and grow in the hobby. Without Wattflyer, I would have never been able to get off the ground and would have probably finally threw in the towel. This forum and the members have not only kept me in the hobby but they have taught me a truck load of things and enabled me to start passing on the hobby.

Thanks to everyone!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

I've made lifelong friends here , best darn site on the net,bubsteve
Old 06-14-2010, 05:02 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Yes the Staff here does a Wonderful Job in keeping Wattflyer Going and Very Enjoyable, also I have learned a ton of stuff here from all the other Members, that has helped me to enjoy this wonderful E Hobby, and I feel great that i am Now Able to give back a little now,
I have meet some of the Nicest people here on Wattflyers, and we now have our local club that started with Wattflyer members, I belong to other Forums, But i like it here the Best , Take care, Chellie
Old 06-14-2010, 05:33 AM
vonveska

I want to add my thanks to everybody contributing to this forum, it is a well of knowledge and a great pleasure to read the posts of like minded people. There are days (and nights) when I can't go out with my plane so it's a good time to open these pages and feel like somewhere high in the sky.
Thanks and I wish everybody happy flying and landings.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:30 AM
ragbag
Super Contributor

Default My vote

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
I've made lifelong friends here , best darn site on the net,bubsteve
I'll vote for that, Been hanging around hrer for a while also. Have learned a lot and been helpful a time or two.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>