E-Flite P-47 - Page 8 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

E-Flite P-47

Old 06-22-2008, 06:01 AM
sgf323

Hmmm... how much do you think they would go for?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:37 PM
giflyrc
Gravity is Attractive

I would deal for a bulk buy for all four kits at 20% off cash which works out to $64 per kit for a total of $256, then resell here for $80 each plus shipping

You would make a few bucks and provide a great service to your Bub's

Roger aka GIFLYRC
Old 06-22-2008, 03:35 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

I agree with Roger. Even if you got them at 15%off, you are still making a little profit, and helping out some guys and gals get a great airframe.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:18 PM
sgf323

Forge is going to be calling them to see if he can place an order and have them ship it out. If they won't do that then I'll help out.

They are priced at $69.99 right now. Back around Christmas they were priced at $64.99. But, I'm not sure if this shop is willing to do any deals. Most of the time they just say their prices are already lower than everywhere else so take it or leave it.

Last edited by sgf323; 06-22-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:47 PM
giflyrc
Gravity is Attractive

Originally Posted by sgf323 View Post
giflyrc is going to be calling them to see if he can place an order and have them ship it out. If they won't do that then I'll help out.

They are priced at $69.99 right now. Back around Christmas they were priced at $64.99. But, I'm not sure if this shop is willing to do any deals. Most of the time they just say their prices are already lower than everywhere else so take it or leave it.
NEGA-TORY giflyrc is not going to call them--- I was only offering free advice answering sgf323's request for an opinion

Roger aka GIFLYRC
Old 06-22-2008, 11:19 PM
sgf323

Whoops, I got the names mixed up. I meant that Forge is going to be calling them.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

Smile Just joined the E-Flite P-47 "brotherhood"

Well, my P-47 arrived via FedEx this morning- damaged wing and all. Why am I happy? Because I thought UPS had trashed it, James (smokejohnson) would be unable to retrieve it, and UPS might balk at paying the insurance claim. Well, so far two out of three were wrong. James has been promised payment of the insurance in two weeks (he was told last week). I will have to cut and paste the port wing tip and a 1/4" section of the starboard wingtip to get them the correct shape and alignment. I am debating about the port aileron: it's torn out of the wing, snapped in half, and badly "warped". I may just fabricate a new one and use the aileron horn from the old one on it. The horizontal stabilizer has two tiny pieces nicked out of it but they sheared cleanly, so I can easily Gorilla glue them back. I will post before and after pics of the damage and my repair effort- kinda' show-and tell.

Bob
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Hi Bob,

For non stress areas, Elmer's wood glue or tight bond will work fine without foaming like Gorilla glue. You'll just need to tape or pin it in place until the glue dries.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

Aha! I had a feeling you might recommend something for that wing!You aren't the Grasshopper for nothing. Thank you very much for the advice- you know I'll do it. Man, this is a pretty little bird. I already told James that I am going to name it "Smoke Johnson". It might even get numbered as "20"! LOL!.

Bob

Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Hi Bob,

For non stress areas, Elmer's wood glue or tight bond will work fine without foaming like Gorilla glue. You'll just need to tape or pin it in place until the glue dries.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Originally Posted by Voyager2lcats View Post
Aha! I had a feeling you might recommend something for that wing!You aren't the Grasshopper for nothing. Thank you very much for the advice- you know I'll do it. Man, this is a pretty little bird. I already told James that I am going to name it "Smoke Johnson". It might even get numbered as "20"! LOL!.

Bob
Be careful naming it that Bob. You might never get it to make a right hand turn.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

That's okay Tom. I like flying counter-clockwise already! I am not very focused on work at the moment- can you guess why?

Be careful naming it that Bob. You might never get it to make a right hand turn.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

I just thought I would post some "before" pictures of the damage my P-47 sustained from UPS. When I am done repairing the wing, you can tell me what you think of the "after" pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	What happens when UPS is busy.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	71397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom view, mangled right wingtip.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	71398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aircraft restoration.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	71399  
Old 07-05-2008, 11:14 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Well, I just totaled my P-47 today; was doing aileron rolls, getting lower than I wanted and pulled up.

Too bad I was inverted. I realized it right away and pushed the elevator but didn't have enough airspace, and she went in nose-first. Busted the fuse up like nobody's business. Wing is fine; tail is fine. Cowl, nose, wing-screw mount and motor are toast.

Anyone know of any local shops I can get one still? I am betting I am out of luck however.

I had 3 great flights yesterday with her, 1 great one this morning, and then I augured her in. She wasn't alone; I crashed my Zero today too, so Allied AND axis forces lost planes.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

Kev, I am really sorry to hear about your Thunderbolt. That sucks. You might try asking James (smokejohnson). He purchased one and sent it to me and he mentioned another one was still in his local hobby shop, but I don't know the status of it now. It's worth a try . Otherwise, I can give you my work address and you can FedEx the wing to me! Just kidding. Okay, only a little bit.

Bob

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
Well, I just totaled my P-47 today; was doing aileron rolls, getting lower than I wanted and pulled up.

Too bad I was inverted. I realized it right away and pushed the elevator but didn't have enough airspace, and she went in nose-first. Busted the fuse up like nobody's business. Wing is fine; tail is fine. Cowl, nose, wing-screw mount and motor are toast.

Anyone know of any local shops I can get one still? I am betting I am out of luck however.

I had 3 great flights yesterday with her, 1 great one this morning, and then I augured her in. She wasn't alone; I crashed my Zero today too, so Allied AND axis forces lost planes.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:42 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Kev, I am really sorry to hear about your Thunderbolt. That sucks. You might try asking James (smokejohnson). He purchased one and sent it to me and he mentioned another one was still in his local hobby shop, but I don't know the status of it now. It's worth a try . Otherwise, I can give you my work address and you can FedEx the wing to me! Just kidding. Okay, only a little bit.

Bob
Yeah sure, I'll send you the wing.

Paypal me $95 and it's yours. Just kidding....Ok, just a bit.

I'll PM James. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

You guys are making me jealous. Well, everyone except Kev, because I know what happened to that pretty little P-47. Doh! Sorry Kev.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:01 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Eh, it happens.

2 weeks ago we had our fun fly and one of the guys lost a $4000 40%'er. Crashed and burned; by the time we got there, there was nothing left but a charred outline of the plane's wing and fuse in the gravel.

I look at it that I got to fly it, and God willing I can get another one soon.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

I guess it depends on whether one of the Tulsa WattHeads decided to increase their hangar or not. I consider myself a lucky dog to have one at all. I am going to try and keep it around for a while. I have to admit the temptation is great to bring it down low because it looks fantastic. I can't get over how 39" wings look stubby on this plane! I am certainly prepared for repairing wings if I plow it into the dirt. Ugh! It's too bad the fuselage got torn up so bad. It is a great design for sure. Good luck in getting another one. Have you PMed James yet?

Eh, it happens.

2 weeks ago we had our fun fly and one of the guys lost a $4000 40%'er. Crashed and burned; by the time we got there, there was nothing left but a charred outline of the plane's wing and fuse in the gravel.

I look at it that I got to fly it, and God willing I can get another one soon.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:14 AM
sgf323

My LHS has at least 2 possibly 3 in stock. One of them has some wing damage from what I've heard. They will ship orders out of state. 402-498-8888
Old 07-06-2008, 12:41 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by sgf323 View Post
My LHS has at least 2 possibly 3 in stock. One of them has some wing damage from what I've heard. They will ship orders out of state. 402-498-8888
sgf,

Thanks a bunch! I just called and they are shipping me one, $85 to my door.

Thanks again!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Voyager2lcats
Friend Across the Water

Ho, ho! There is a spot of luck. I hate you! (Okay, not really) One stupid phone call and it's coming your way. I guess some of us have to suffer like mere mortals? Congratulations Kev. (Hmm. maybe I should wait until you actually see it?!) Well, it's time to call it quits for today. The little guy wants to go to the bookstore.

Bob

sgf,

Thanks again!
Old 07-06-2008, 12:53 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Ho, ho! There is a spot of luck. I hate you! (Okay, not really) One stupid phone call and it's coming your way. I guess some of us have to suffer like mere mortals? Congratulations Kev. (Hmm. maybe I should wait until you actually see it?!) Well, it's time to call it quits for today. The little guy wants to go to the bookstore.

Bob
You could never hate me. So there.

Thanks to sgf for the heads up and to James for checking as well. This is what I love about WF.....we're like a big family. (And Bob is like the red-headed stepchild....)
Old 07-06-2008, 01:34 AM
sgf323

No problem, glad I could help out!

sgf,

Thanks again!
Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

Dang Kev, sorry to hear about your crashes. Glad you already found a P-47. How bad is the Zero?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:31 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Dang Kev, sorry to hear about your crashes. Glad you already found a P-47. How bad is the Zero?
Nose damage, it looks like, is all. Tore the firewall to heck. Scraped up the cowl a little. It was weird; Launched, and was squirrelly from the start, and it seemed to not respond to control inputs the way I wanted. For example, it was coming about straight down, John's yelling "Pull up!"....I had full up elevator at that point, and it was doing nothing.

The Jug was a real downer. She flew as if on rails (like I need to tell you, right?). I just was doing maneuvers 2 1/2 mistakes high, and I needed to be 3-high.

I started working on touch-n-go's with the trainer afterward; my instructor was with me, talking me thru them, and told me I was already making some nice improvements.....The MiniPulse flew flawlessly, and was trimmed out by my buddy John. I took the TX and flew a little, then had him land her to make sure no problems cropped up. He was really liking it; it got nice comments. I dared not take it up again.

Quick Reply: E-Flite P-47

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10137 seconds with 14 queries